NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-10-2006, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Default The East Coast National

Posted By: Joe D.

Any N54ers attending or going to have a table?

I am looking to bring my son there on the 20th (hopefully there is some good stuff left on the Sunday)

http://nyshows.org/next_show

Old 08-10-2006, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: rob

Seems a little pathetic for that show to use such a grandiose name...while the WP show may be traditional it is hardly rich with vintage talent.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:02 AM
Administrator

I was pretty disappointed at the last White Plains show (vintage wise).

I wasn't going to go back (not really worth the drive for me)....

but I heard that this one is better than the regular White Plains show, and with the Philly show skipping September - I also heard that some of the better vendors will be there.

Hopefully it is true and is worth the drive.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

Back in the day when Gloria Rothstein and her husband Dean used to run it, it was one of the better shows around. I know some may find this blasphemous, but it was as good as Fort Washington, maybe better.

I was very disappointed by the last one I attended and unless I knew for certain there would be several dealers with 19th century material in attendance, it wouldn't be worth the trip for me and I live ony 40 minutes away.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Preece1

Jay Miller said it very accurately ..."there are more vintage cards in the bathroom of the Ft. Washington show than at the White Plains shows..."

Old 08-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich Klein

Dean is Gloria's son -- Sam was her husband. Sadly both Sam and Gloria have left us in the past year or so.

Rich

Old 08-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

Rich:

Thanks for catching my typo. We all grew up in Palisades Park, NJ and my sister was friendly with Gloria's daughter, Andrea.

Kevin

Old 08-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: ScottIngold

Pal Park huh. I spent many years in Edgewater fishing on the Hudson.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: James Gallo

I need to get a few cards graded so I am going. Not sure which day tho. I also went to the last one and ended up buying a bunch of Cracker Jacks that I had looked at several times in the past.

I do agree it was a bit weak on the vintage pre-war stuff but I need a show time fix.

James Gallo

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...lately than when Gloria's son ran it. The dealers are much happier to be there under the current regime. There are typically 4 or 5 tables that have T206 cards in significant quantities, and perhaps 2 or 3 tables that are large vintage tables. I am talking about their shows that they have every two months or so. This one should be bigger.

I only live 10 minutes away and so I try to make a trip each time it's on. But the last time I visited I did not make any purchases. That's pretty hard for me to do at a baseball card show, but there wasn't even anything tempting me.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: david

i haven't been to the wp show since i was about 12 years old. got into t206 cards a few months ago and want to go to pick up a few. you guys seem fairly pessimistic about vintage dealer turnout. if there are only 4 or 5 vintage dealers there and i can't spend all day tracking them down, who should i look for? are there big signs over the tables so i know which dealer is where and what they have? i have no memory of the shows i used to attend and i'm sure much has changed.
thanks.

btw, i work in wp and live about an hour away.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Administrator

and there were three or four good vintage tables.

I was disappointed, but I have heard that this time better vendors will be there (no philly show, and this is the WP special show I guess). That is what I am pinning my hopes on anyway.

I have to drop some cards off at SGC... so the trip won't be a waste either way.

If it is any indication, SGC was not at the last White Plains show... but they are going to be at this one to accept submissions (I don't know about onsite grading).

Old 08-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay

For vintage material look for Roger Burns and Ron Vitro. They are both nice guys and should have a selection of vintage cards. There was a list of dealers attending the show in SCD and I didn't notice many new names.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bigfish

I will be there on Friday. Always looking to trade if anyone is interested.