NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Default Seller on BST Edward Broeth

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that board member, benderbroeth, Edward Broeth, is not someone to be trusted. On Nov 17 I paid him $185 via paypal for a lot of cards he was trying to sell. To date I have received nothing and none of the 4 emails I have sent have been responded to. Edward has not logged onto Net 54 since completing the transaction with me but has been active on PSA's board under the same id, benderbroeth. Maybe someone reading this is also member over there and wants to warn those folks in case Edward has more to "sell".

The contact info I have for Edward is:

vintagecollectors@yahoo.com
benderbroeth123@msn.com

Hoping this will prevent someone else from getting robbed by this guy. It is a shame that someone actually places their reputation on any amount of money but for $185???? Seems Edward needs much more than money.

Greg

Last edited by botn; 12-02-2009 at 08:41 AM. Reason: edited out address and phone number
Old 11-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Chris Wassmuth

There has been at least one instance of something similar happening over at PSA. I am a member there but this is old news over there, unfortunately. The buyer in question eventually got his cards but it was 2 or 3 months later and the packing job left a lot to be desired. I hope this works out for you.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Banned

Thank you for your efforts to keep our hobby clean, Greg.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Archive

Hi Greg

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm a new member on the PSA boards, but it would probably be best for you to post this on their board. Hearing it first hand from you would be better than second hand from me. The guys and gals over there will probably have a few questions too. It only takes a few minutes to set up an account and its free.

Thanks Again

Jantz
Old 11-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

I would love to post this over at CU but I am not really welcome. Simply putting up a thread with a link to this one may save someone some money.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:47 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

They have had their issues with him as well. I have never done business with him. He did email me last week about working a deal on a card, I replied twice and heard nothing back
Old 11-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post

It is a shame that someone actually places their reputation on any amount of money but for $185???? Greg
Unfortunately, in our hobby we should be fortunate that at least one guy is willing to destroy a reputation for just $185 and not millions.

By the way, is it true that Edward's webmaster claims he's a Great Guy?
Old 11-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Fred

greg
i'm wondering what cards you bought from ed. i just bought his t 206 lot. was it the hockey?
good luck with this
fred
Old 11-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Hi Fred,

It was this lot. http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=117051
I really did not even want the lot but I knew the guy needed the money and there were a couple of cards I could have used. Oh well.

Best,
Greg
Old 11-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Hey Greg, just curious if you tried calling the number.....good luck with this one and thanks for bringing it to our attention!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

It's been eight days. Give it 'til ten perhaps?
Old 11-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Hi Fred,

It was this lot. http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=117051
I really did not even want the lot but I knew the guy needed the money and there were a couple of cards I could have used. Oh well.

Best,
Greg
No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:29 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

My two cents worth.....

Give me just a little more time
And our love will surely grow
Give me just a little more time
And our love will surely grow
Chairman Of The Board
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa3feMl3R1Y

Lovely Day...
Old 11-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

I did call and it is a generic outgoing message.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:12 AM
Chr$stopher Pett$

Hi. I am not a big poster over here, mostly on the PSA boards. This guy (Ed) is notoriosly slow to complete his transactions. There is a giant thread over on PSA about this. I have had transactions with him, and the last one ( a trade) took 3 months to complete. I think he is an honest guy, just peculiar in his behavior - I can tell from the email discussions we have had . I think he is good for the cards you have purchased, it will probably just take longer than the normal transaction. Chris
Old 11-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Tim

Here's the link for the above mentioned post.

http://forums.collectors.com/message...23&STARTPAGE=1
Old 11-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Was that November 17th 2009 or 2008?
Old 11-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Barry Sloate

If I am reading that right it looks like it took two months to complete that transaction- from mid-November until mid-January.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
If I am reading that right it looks like it took two months to complete that transaction- from mid-November until mid-January.
Yes that transaction started in mid November 2008 and took until mid January 2009.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Fred

when i bought the T 206 cards from him about a month ago, it took about 3 weeks for me to get the cards. not sure what the hold up was but i did eventually get the cards.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:01 PM
edward broeth

cards have been sent and should be there by at least monday, i was out of town for the holidays and i was away from a computer until today and had no time to respond until now.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Woopsie.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:47 PM
edward broeth

and now grea will not answer any of my emails...i wonder if he got the cards and is trying to get away with stealing my cards?
Old 11-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I doubt it

Quote:
Originally Posted by benderbroeth View Post
and now grea will not answer any of my emails...i wonder if he got the cards and is trying to get away with stealing my cards?

Greg is a lot of things but he's not a thief. You, on the other hand, should complete your transactions in a more timely manner. Selling something and then not showing up for week(s) isn't a great way to do business. Greg is still allowed on the BST.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
if he has already paid for them via paypal how exactly did he "steal" them?
Old 11-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Default Not completely honest

Quote:
cards have been sent and should be there by at least monday, i was out of town for the holidays and i was away from a computer until today and had no time to respond until now.
Upon review of your posts on another board, posts were made on November 20, 21, 22 & 23. So you can make posts, but can't check your email????? I do suppose that someone else could have used your profile while you were away

Common courtesy would have been to inform the buyer that there would be a delay in shipping because of whatever reason you may have.

r/
Frank
Old 11-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Fred

Exactly what Leon said - Greg is not a thief.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:04 PM
edward broeth

to answer a few question, my paypal account has had his money returned to him because my paypal account is -$163 so i think he has that money and he might have the cards, i do not know he will not reply to my emails. and i was gone from the 24th till now. my big mistake was not telling him when i sent it. wich i will admit was late. but he jumped the gun in assuming that i stole his money. i did not show up for 3 days not weeks.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:23 PM
edward broeth

i think i might be wrong. on this forum it might have been more than a week. i hate this time of year, i am so busy.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Geez

OK, I'm really busy this time of the year. Thanksgiving, Xmas, lots of travel and time with the family, taking care of my family members, I don't know if I can get everything done.

Wait a minute! I think I'm going to post a bunch of cards for sale. What a great idea.

Geez

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default mistakes happen

Mistakes happen. God knows I make my share. That being said I don't make the same ones over and over. IF that happens it tends to be a trend, and by what I am reading, that is what this transaction was. I admit I usually don't send buyers/sellers emails as I do a ton of transactions. The reason I don't send them is that I generally ship quickly. If there is a delay I send an email. I told the original seller, who is the basis for this thread, that once this gets squared away he is welcome to come back to the BST. If it happens again then the mild suspension will be much longer, if not permanent. Communication is key if something takes more than about a week. After a week you really should be letting the other person know what is up, OR you don't need to use our BST.....It's not life or death but holding everyone to fairly high standards is the way it should be, imho..For the amount of deals that go on over there, there are very, very few issues....and that is the way we (the other mods and I) hope to keep it. ..best regards

ps...please let me know of issues over there. Most of the times if there is one then there are more....and the only way to know is to expose them. And as always it's caveat emptor, buyer beware.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Ed,

I left Friday AM for Vegas and just got back. My mail was on hold for Friday and Saturday. I also just got the email you sent on Friday afternoon--was not checking email while in Vegas. I did not get the $185 back from paypal. I merely opened a dispute, maybe had you responded to them with tracking info they would not have taken the money out of the account. I will close the dispute upon receipt of the cards. Pretty simple Ed. I sent you 4 emails prior to your leaving on the 24th which went unanswered. Had you simply replied to one of them this all could have been avoided.

Greg
Old 11-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Hate to bump this but only fair to Edward that I let you all know the cards were delivered today.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Yipee! Change the title and post some scans!
Old 11-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Banned

Nothing like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:01 AM
edward broeth

i hope you like the cards.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:14 AM
Scott

Default not welcome?

Quote:
I would love to post this over at CU but I am not really welcome. Simply putting up a thread with a link to this one may save someone some money.

why arent you weclome? what did you do?????????????
Old 12-01-2009, 08:09 PM
edward broeth

can i please have my private name and address removed now?
Old 12-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default fair request

I am a live and let live guy and all for giving someone another chance AND this was only a late transaction. Since Greg could be out having a life I went ahead and removed your phone number and address (only). Please try to be more expedient in the future, where our BST is concerned. What you do elsewhere isn't really Net54baseball.com related, which is my main concern. That being said, life (and collecting), go a lot easier if you communicate well. Happy collecting....
Old 12-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFandango View Post
why arent you weclome? what did you do?????????????
I testified against PSA in a lawsuit 4 years ago (maybe more) in which they were forced to settle and it cost them (their insurance co) a great deal of money. I routinely openly posted unflattering things about their business practice and model all the while being an Authorized Dealer. They do not take kindly to one of their own not conforming.

Thank you Leon for editing Ed's info I was far too busy getting that toothpaste back in the tube. But I had help as my girlfriend is a dentist. Do you want me to edit the title? If so, send me a PM.

Greg
Old 12-01-2009, 11:37 PM
edward broeth

well psa did get rid of someone on there boards for simply wishing that someones teeth fall out so....and he was a member who sent them thousands of cards in for psa/dna slabbing. he left psa all together lol