NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-07-2017, 01:51 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Yeah, it's a mess. We waited too long. After so many years of near-misses and false-alarms, people are afraid to overreact and leave too soon. That's what happened to us. I may take a long drive to Ocala (dead-center of Florida). My wife was able to reserve a hotel room there. I don't mind driving10 hours, it's the gas issue that concerns me. And, oh by the way, the hurricane could hit there too!
Old 09-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Orlando, I've got that postcard for you we discussed; if you're in NY let me know and I can hand deliver it and save a few bucks on postage.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:04 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Be safe Orlando...and everyone else who is in harm's way....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Be safe bro!!!
I been watching it here in North Georgia. I know we will get some rain bands from it, but nothing compared to you guys.
That reminds me to hit ol' Bob in Savannah up and see what he is doing.
NEED: 1982 RIPKEN RC #98T Topps Traded in PSA 10
Successful Transactions with: Bestdj77(Chris), 39special(Steve), BPencil, Arcadecrazy, BeatlesGuy, Cammb(Tony), Mantlefan2010(Jonathan), Stlcards(Dan), Sean C, nkesterke09(Nicholas), Darwinbulldog(Glenn) & Ebay users: phil8ball, begsu1013, kmas55, Peter Spaeth, bigfish, Greg Nazareth, PhillipAbbott79, DanB
Old 09-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Bob Davies

Best of luck sir. My sister in law and her family bailed; told us it took them 9 hours to get from the Keys to Orlando. And she said all gas stations all the way had incredible lineups, if they even had gas. Their goal is to get to the Panhandle.

I sat through a Cat 4 in Daytona Beach when I was working there a number of years ago. Scary sh*t, especially for a Canadian not used to storms like that.

Again, prayers and best wishes to you, your family, and all residents.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Bryan

Stay safe!

I lived in New Orleans during Katrina and left the morning the storm hit and never once regretted that decision. We stayed for tropical storms and a Cat 1 and even being without power and access to stores for days on end is miserable even when there is no major damage.

Charge up all of your stuff now and turn off the wifi on your phone as soon as the power goes out as that kills the battery, I also suggest turning phones off when you aren't using them once the power goes out.

I don't know the elevation of your house and whether or not you have an attic/crawlspace, but make sure that you have an ax on the topmost level of your house just in case as it will be hard to get onto the roof without one.

Get your best cards in ziploc bags or something!!!

Good luck and stay safe.

Last edited by Jobu; 09-07-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:32 PM

Orlando - thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Residing in Houston, my family and I lived through Harvey over the last couple weeks.
Even though our home was spared, many Houstonians are not nearly as fortunate. The positive from this devastation, many neighbors, first responders, churches, local govt, complete strangers, people from all states, etc. have all come together to make a positive impact in helping Houstonians/Houston recover as quickly as possible by providing the basic necessities and anything else needed or required to help get them back in their homes. Sometimes a tragic situation brings out the very best in people.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:38 PM
pete ullman

be safe Orly...I wish you and your family well wishes.

pete
Old 09-07-2017, 03:45 PM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

I echo all the well wishes. Stay safe and prayers being sent. Good luck!
Old 09-07-2017, 04:07 PM

Yes, best of luck to Orly and all in FL. I hope that after everything passes, all are safe and the damage is only limited. We'll all be pulling for you this weekend.