NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-13-2018, 07:34 PM
Joshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
I like how lot 78a shows multiple pictures of Hartland Statues of Babe and Ted Williams but the description says that Williams has no bat. Umm...every picture shows him with a bat. What gives?? So many red flags wrt this auction house!! and I've been burned before on LiveAuctioneers with a different AH that sold through that site - Pioneer Auction Gallery. I know there are a few legit AHs on LiveAuctioneers, but I simply wouldn't take the risk of being burned again with a no-name company.
Yeah I kind of agree on the sketchiness of this site. But Ive used live auctioneers before in the past without a problem in fact I purchased my Ted Williams letters through the site from Seco river.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:36 PM

I think you're safe with Saco River.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:22 PM
Tim Newcomb

Default Early GAI

No opinion on this card (how can you without an image) but GAI was a legit grading company in its earlier period. I graded a number of things with them early on, and all have crossed without problems.

Last edited by timn1; 02-13-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:22 PM
Randy Trierweiler

Their lot #149:

"Unusual group of baseball cards all on a black background. Babe Ruth, Sandy Koufax, Walter Johnson, Rodgers Hornsby, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, Ty Cobb, Honus Wagner. Mint condition. Estimate $80-$150

These were cut from the back page of the 1971 MLBPA Stamps album from their prospective teams. Maybe worth a buck each.

Here is where the Sisler, and Hornsby came from: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Dell-S...gAAOSw6lRadlbo
Old 02-13-2018, 08:42 PM
pete ullman

scans are up...its a beauty!!!! likely trimmed but looks similarly sized to psa graded comparables.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 8.46.29 PM.jpg (11.0 KB, 374 views)

Last edited by ullmandds; 02-13-2018 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:51 PM
H Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Wasn't there a Twilight Zone episode about Willoughby.

"Next stop Willoughby"
I think that was the episode were the guy would get on the commuter train for work and it would take him back to his home town( Wiloughby) 40 years earlier.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:58 PM
Nick

Yea doesn't look like enough border on the top and bottom.

Not worth the risk imo.
68 Topps Game
69 Topps Deckle
99 Topps Finest Ryan Refractor Reprints
LOW GRADE:
33 Goudey
Old 02-13-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timn1 View Post
No opinion on this card (how can you without an image) but GAI was a legit grading company in its earlier period. I graded a number of things with them early on, and all have crossed without problems.
hope you didn't grade this one.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:26 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

If the winning bidder doesn't spend a fortune and he/she sends it to PSA where it is deemed trimmed, which I believe it is (top border), I am pretty sure it would at least come back authentic and then would probably fetch $2-3K with some reputable auction house. When GAI was formed and Steve Rocci pulled his coup against PSA, he brought his chief grader Mike Baker with him. Mike graded the early GAI high value submissions and many of the early slabs have "First Graded" on them. I would state that these cards are probably alright. But, of course, card in question would seem to have been graded more recently. Personally, I don't think I would need the agro trying to chase it.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:34 PM

If that doesn't get a AUTH by PSA or SGC then there's something wrong with my eye sight.