NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Chris Wood

Default Hank Aaron 714 and 715 stubs/signed program - value and worth slabbing?

Would appreciate some advice/feedback pls.

I have decided to part with 3 Henry Aaron related item from my collection and would like to ask the board what a reasonable price to ask, might be for each item and also, if sending the stubs off to be graded and slabbed by a TPA would be wise.

First - the front and back (attached) covers of the game program in which Hank hit HR #715 - autographed by Hank and personalized to the man he is shown with on the cover - Donald Davidson, the Brave's travelling secretary at the time. Bought on EBay over 10 years ago from a seller who was liquidating Donald's estate. Unfortunately, I have no COA, nor can I recollect the price I paid.

Second - a large stub from the 715 HR game.

Third - a small stub from the Red's season opening game and HR#714 game (writing on reverse)

Thanks!

Old 07-22-2013, 01:35 PM

Hi Chris,

I will field your questions about the Aaron 714 and 715 HR ticket stubs:

I would not spend the money to get either of thee tickets graded by PSA. I dare say that you undoubtedly would not recover your investment in having this done.

The 714 ticket is not uncommon as it was a heavily attended game in Cincinnati and these tickets tend to be fairly plentiful. Additionally, this particular ticket has some minor condition issues. I believe I saw 1-2 soft corners, plus the writing that does not bother me, but does bother some collectors. Probably $65-$80 is my best guess on this ticket's value. In NM-MT condition I have sold these tickets for $100 or so.

The 715 stub is the less desirable Ticketmaster version of this ticket. Ticket collectors tend to collect the box office version of this ticket, not the TM as a general rule of thumb. I believe that the value of this ticket is perhaps somewhere around $75- $85. The Braves box office version of this ticket would sell for two to three times that depending on how many sections of the ticket remain on the stub.

I hope this is helpful.

Scott
Old 07-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Chris Wood

Default Thanks!

Scott....very helpful, thanks!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:20 PM
M@rk Cl@ry

On a really good day, I'd say $100 on the program. Personalization and pretty random image hurts.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Chris Wood

I agree that personalizations aren't necessarily a good thing. This is interesting, as I mentioned, as it personalized to the other man with Hank on the program cover.

Last edited by baseball tourist; 07-22-2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-23-2013, 02:50 PM
J Stone

Interesting note on the program from Davidson's estate. I have the same program with the same (non-personalized) signature that you have there and was deemed "unable to render opinion" by one of the TPAs. If I recall (getting older - memory hazy) it was rumored for a long time that Davidson was signing Aaron's mail during the record chase.

I agree that grading/slabbing isn't going to add any value to the tickets. They won't grade high due to the writing and condition. The 715 ticket is going to suffer a bit in value for being a "Ticketron" version but still should bring good prices.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:13 PM

That is a nice stub, and something I might be interested in after a couple pay days.

Weird timing--I was just heading over here to post about my Aaron 715 item, but made a new thread so as not to hijack. Those are certainly cool items from one of the most important days in baseball history.