NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Default are there any video games that feature pre ww2 ball players?

Posted By: sean

I want a baseball game swhere I could play with all the pre war ball players grrrrrrrrr

Old 04-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Koochin

Baseball Mogul 2007 for PC will let you play historical teams back to 1900. You can play
for example the 1919 BlackSox Series, or the World Champion Pirates with Honus Wagner.
Its more stat heavy/managerially good, not so good graphically.

For XBox, AllStar Baseball 2004 has several All Time AllStar teams including Ty Cobb and
Babe Ruth. Its also the only game I know of with a Negro League roster including Josh Gibson
and Satchel Paige.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Russ Bright

the only things that springs to mind are (and I play video games for a living, I'm about as close of an expert you will get on this board)

All-Star Baseball 2004 (Xbox, gamecube PS2) where you could play All-new legends teams featuring Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, & Ty Cobb - and History's greatest Negro League players such as Josh Gibson, Satchel Paige, and Buck O'Neil. Older game, Ebay or Gamestop may be your best bet...

IF you can find a copy this game looks like it may have potential, but might NOT, i haven't played it -PureSim Baseball 2007 for the PC says "any design, and any player from 1900 to 2005. Now includes the fully licensed Lahman Database of historical players and teams from 1900 - 2005." so you can have the 1909 Pirates vs the 1969 Mets - see how well Honus Wagner hits against Nolan Ryan...

just some help, if you can find the PureSim Baseball game let me know what you think and if it's worth picking up!

hope this helps!

R

Old 04-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Russ Bright

wow, you beat me to it, by seconds...

Old 04-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

The best computer baseball game out there is Diamond Mind. It is not a video game though. It is a strategy game based on players stats. If DM doesn't have the seasons available that you want to play, you can find them on line as many fans of the game create the years they want to play. I've played 1887, 1884 and 1894.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Peter Baldes

I play MVP Baseball 2005. There's a few ways to "mod" the game and add players, their photos and stats from any era you want. It takes a while to get the hang of it, but I've added a bunch of deadball and Negro League players; playing them against modern players is fun. Of course, I weigh the deadball player's abilities way above the modern players

EA doesn't make MLB games anymore, and this one's pricey on ebay. I got mine used for around $40, but it's worth it!

Peter Baldes

Old 04-06-2007, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve f

Brutally painful video game;

Old 04-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brad

Old 04-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

That's pretty entertaining, Steve. The curse of the Bambino at work.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

"YEA, IT WAS FOR THE ORIGINAL NINTENDO SYSTEM - THE GAME WAS CALLED
"LEGENDS OF THE PAST" OR "LEGENDS OF THE DIAMOND" I FORGOT WHICH ONE---
YOU CAN PROBABLY GET IT ON EBAY FOR $5 "

The above e mail came from my 22 year old son, who recalls Jimmie Foxx on the above mentioned game. I haven't played video games since Pong, but I did recall my son telling me about Foxx, and many others. So yes, there are, or were games out there.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: sean

awesome. On all star baseball can you load up as many players as you like? How do you get their picture into a playtstation game? all start baseball 2003 is my fave and would love to incorprate the old timers into it