NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Mike Navarro

Default BB HOF Poster, added 5 more from National, up to 87 HOF'ers so far

I bought this piece from a fellow board member a few months back and it was at 82 HOF'ers when I bought it.

Here it was then:

and here's the legend to the signatures for the first 82:

A friend from another board got 5 more for me at The National so it's now up to 87 total. I wasn't personally able to go because of law school and I'm going great white shark cage diving soon so I couldn't miss that much work in such a short period of time.

Frank Thomas- Signed on the palm trees at the lower center.
Randy Johnson- Signed nicely (for him) just to the left of Drysdales pic and sig
Eddie Murray- signed slightly to the right of the Drysdale in the lower middle
Andre Dawson- signed in the dark spot in the lower left picture corner
Cal Ripken, Jr. - signed in the lower right dark corner right above Harmon Killebrew.

The photo he sent makes the Dawson and Ripken look a lot worse than they will in person as those areas ARE dark but not as dark as they appear in the photo. Happy to add those 5. The previous owner was keeping it to a theme of HOF'ers that had finished or started their career prior to the 1990 date the poster was issued. I decided to just continue adding all HOF'ers that I enjoyed watching play regardless of their start date, so I chose to get the Big Hurt who started in 1990 a short time after the poster was issued. It was also supposed to be signed by Pedro Martinez as well but Pedro bailed on the show.

There were some more HOF'ers at the show that I could have gotten on it, but quite frankly, the signing prices are so high these days, that I couldn't afford to get them all at one time. I'll either add them later, or even if they die before I can add them, so be it. $$ is $$ LOL

Old 08-04-2015, 10:57 AM

Epic HOF signed piece, Mike.
Way to keep it going!
Old 08-04-2015, 11:05 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

I loved this piece when you first got it and love it even more now.

One question. With you going cage diving with the great whites...can I be in your will for this piece? The last name is spelled C-A-R-F-A-G-N-O.

Thanks!

Tom C
Old 08-04-2015, 11:52 AM
Andrew L@Vine

VERY COOL! Good on ya for keeping it going!
Old 08-04-2015, 01:55 PM

That is a really nice HOF piece and displays well. What is the approx size of the poster?
Old 08-04-2015, 03:40 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

everything is really cool that you are doing (dealing with sharks/cool HOF autos) except..law school?...that's the only inside the box thing you are doing.....though I guess will also deal with sharks there too
Old 08-09-2015, 01:54 PM

I'm glad it found a new owner such as yourself.

I had hoped you would continue with the theme!

Really looking forward to seeing future updates.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:11 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

I LOVE this piece!

This has got to be admired by the men who sign it....right? Even they have to appreciate the sheer volume of signatures on one piece.

Does EITHER owner (past/present) have any stories of a HOF'er commenting on the signatures?
Old 08-09-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
I LOVE this piece!

This has got to be admired by the men who sign it....right? Even they have to appreciate the sheer volume of signatures on one piece.

Does EITHER owner (past/present) have any stories of a HOF'er commenting on the signatures?
I often thought the same thing.

As a previous owner, though, I didn't gain any traction with additional signatures.

Veteran hobbyist Ron Post owned it before me, so I would imagine that he has plenty of stories to tell. I believe he personally acquired the first 82 signatures.

Here is an interesting article on Mr. Post and his tenacious approach to autograph collecting:

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/ba...rd-no-1.993726

Last edited by cjedmonton; 08-09-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:29 PM
qualitycards

Mike that piece is amazing!
Old 08-09-2015, 08:30 PM
Sc.ott Ver.renti

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjedmonton View Post
I often thought the same thing.

As a previous owner, though, I didn't gain any traction with additional signatures.

Veteran hobbyist Ron Post owned it before me, so I would imagine that he has plenty of stories to tell. I believe he personally acquired the first 82 signatures.

Here is an interesting article on Mr. Post and his tenacious approach to autograph collecting:

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/ba...rd-no-1.993726
That's a great article! Is this gentleman still with us and collecting? Did you ever meet him? How did you acquire the poster if you don't mind me asking?