NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-18-2016, 08:45 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default Auction overload

Can't remember a time in the last 2 years where so many massive auctions were running at the same time. Kind of cool to follow them, but after a while you start to think that maybe all of this stuff is overpriced if there is so much out there. E.g., Babe Ruth autographed checks and other items. I could probably identify 100+ items plus for sale right now at the leading AHs, excluding eBay altogether. RMY had a great old photo for sale last month and now I see the very same photo in at least 2 auctions.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:52 AM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Can't remember a time in the last 2 years where so many massive auctions were running at the same time. Kind of cool to follow them, but after a while you start to think that maybe all of this stuff is overpriced if there is so much out there. E.g., Babe Ruth autographed checks and other items. I could probably identify 100+ items plus for sale right now at the leading AHs, excluding eBay altogether. RMY had a great old photo for sale last month and now I see the very same photo in at least 2 auctions.
I am not as seasoned with vintage as most on this board but from inquiring about prices at the show this past weekend, prices seem to be inflated. I as well noticed the plethora of sweet items at the various auction houses, perhaps collectors are trying to sell at what could be the height of the market?
Old 10-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Brendan Mullen

^^^ The Gabby Hartnett photo or the Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, Speaker photo?
Old 10-18-2016, 08:55 AM
T0dd M@rcum

I am sure I am in the minority, but I have not found a lot of the sweet spot of what I am looking for in recent auctions. I think I collect just a rung down in desirability from what AHs are currently looking for in consignments. I'd like to see something like a mid-grade 1966 Topps complete set, but haven't seen that kind of stuff in recent auctions. Most of the prewar is more exotic than is represented by my current direction.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:18 AM
octavio ranzola

What comes around,goes around ,,it will never end ,,
Old 10-18-2016, 09:39 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

I keep saying "just wait until next month". Seems more and more stuff coming up for auction!

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 10-18-2016, 09:51 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
^^^ The Gabby Hartnett photo or the Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, Speaker photo?
The latter.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:39 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

It is a bit daunting, that's for sure. I sat down last weekend to go through the auction catalogs that had been piling up this month. Just between Lelands and REA there is 1,100 pages. Tons of great stuff I'd like to own, of course, but there are perhaps a dozen lots total that I would actually pursue.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 10-18-2016, 01:56 PM
Tom Boblitt

Wow.......Lelands and REA will give you a strong workout for sure. Some incredible stuff. Wish I was a little more flush with cash right now.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:18 AM
Bill O

All the oldie collectors are cashing in during this bubble. It's obvious. Nows the time to buy where they ain't
Old 10-19-2016, 12:21 AM
Bill O

Speaking of Ain't..... Where They Ain'ts prices are probably reasonable now