NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-26-2015, 11:38 PM
Michael

Default exhibit prices- Legendary

What do you guys think of the prices in the Legendary auction. Card (signed) prices seemed about right but to me the signed exhibits went really high. What do you think about the popularity of signed exhibits as collectibles?
If any of you won the larger lot of signed exhibits and would like to sell the Faber let me know
Old 02-27-2015, 04:06 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

For a large lot like that I think the price was just about right. Too much for me to bid and think about breaking up but not overpriced I don't think. The individual signed exhibit lots I think went very well.

I ended up getting the group of 35 signed 1936 Goudey/National Chicles. Now that one went way too low.

Tom C
Old 02-27-2015, 04:14 AM
Andrew

I thought it was a neat lot. The Gehringer would be considered his rookie card and can't imagine there are a large number of signed Exhibit Fabers out there.
If anybody here won the lot I would be interested in a few.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:30 AM
Giovanni N.

I won the Manusch signed exhibit. I think there are signed cards out there but I think signed by all four players has to be pretty rare.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:54 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stat192 View Post
I won the Manusch signed exhibit. I think there are signed cards out there but I think signed by all four players has to be pretty rare.
I thought that one was the best of all the signed cards. There is just about zero chance that another one exists. I really like the multi signed cards and that one is just about one of the best I have ever seen.

Tom C
Old 02-27-2015, 04:58 AM
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by stat192 View Post
Great pick up! Really nice.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:32 AM

Default Simmons

I won the Al Simmons signed 1926 Spalding. I felt like I got a real bargain at $950 plus BP. I think the title of the auction caused many not to notice that a card was included. The signed letter and envelope are worth almost as much as I paid for all 3.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:52 AM
Dan McHugh IV
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshleps View Post
What do you guys think of the prices in the Legendary auction. Card (signed) prices seemed about right but to me the signed exhibits went really high. What do you think about the popularity of signed exhibits as collectibles?
If any of you won the larger lot of signed exhibits and would like to sell the Faber let me know
I'll jump in here and say that I'd be interested in the 1928 Ted Lyons Auto
Old 02-27-2015, 07:53 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

52t lot went one or two bids below my expectation, still a strong showing for some really tough cards. I'd also say this lot was a victim of poor description and title

I thought as a whole signed card remained very strong, with as always, a few slipping through the cracks

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-27-2015, 10:06 AM

If any of you exhibit collectors are interested I have a nice 1922 exhibit signed by Smoky Joe Wood.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:38 AM
Michael

Giovanny- you outbid me by $50. Thought about going higher but decided against.
Jason- I missed seeing that or we would have had a bidding war. I am sure you would have won but it would have cost you quite a bit more. Congrats
I got the Maranville- awful card but earlier than my 1933. I got the Moe Berg exhibit too being a Jewish collector
Old 02-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonxmay View Post
I won the Al Simmons signed 1926 Spalding. I felt like I got a real bargain at $950 plus BP. I think the title of the auction caused many not to notice that a card was included. The signed letter and envelope are worth almost as much as I paid for all 3.
Tremendous pick-up. I always look at the handwritten letters, but saw the bid on that one and kept going, not even reading the description. If I had seen the signed card, you would have had a competitor, so just as well I missed it.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:13 PM
Giovanni N.

Michael - I actually had a maximum bid of $1000 on the card

Jason - on the Simmons I noticed the description says a signed copy of a the card. So I am curious to see what you end up getting. Either way still nice pick up.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:27 PM

I was underbidder on Maranville and I also bid on the Berg. Both are amazing pickups. As far as the Simmons, I am 100% certain that they used the word copy as in a single version. In 1926 photocopiers hadn't yet been invented, so it is certainly an original card. Another poor choice by the auction house it appears. Glad I am the buyer and not the consignor.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:16 AM
Scott Mt. Joy

I was a bidder on the Manush, great card, also could be considered his signed rookie card.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Todd Schultz

Just curious as a non-auto collector, but why would Wally Schang spell his own name wrong on that 4 on 1?
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog*dirt View Post
I thought it was a neat lot. The Gehringer would be considered his rookie card and can't imagine there are a large number of signed Exhibit Fabers out there.
If anybody here won the lot I would be interested in a few.
That's a 1927 Gehringer. The 1926 is his RC, but still a darn nice card to have.

As for the OP question, see below for my answer:

http://imageevent.com/exhibitman/aut...edexhibitcards

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 03-02-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:43 AM
C@rl Greenfeld

I was the underbidder on the Berg. Probably would have gone higher if it was a nicer signature. Did pickup the 1968 topps Clemente/Aaron for my signed 1968 set