NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-15-2014, 11:03 AM

Default PayPal 30 cent, or percentage, refund charge.

Apparently, PayPal now has a 30 cent refund charge.

Last edited by Brian Van Horn; 05-15-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:15 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

They've had this for a few years already at least for eBay sales.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:22 PM

Ridiculous.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:48 PM
John Hanssen

Sorry - I don't see where a company charging for their service of what the do, is a bad thing. If I were CEO if PayPal where would be no friend and family free transaction. It just leads to to many people trying to get aways with what is really ripping off a company to save themselfs 1 1/2% on each usage.

Option-
John Hanssen
Old 05-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Peter Spaeth

My God, what next.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:02 PM
Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebboy View Post
Sorry - I don't see where a company charging for their service of what the do, is a bad thing. If I were CEO if PayPal where would be no friend and family free transaction. It just leads to to many people trying to get aways with what is really ripping off a company to save themselfs 1 1/2% on each usage.

Option-
John Hanssen
+1

If you require an additional transaction that is not the fault of Paypal, you should have to pay for the additional service.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Rich v@n He$$

Its a courtesy and one I think they should continue. It creates goodwill for both users of the service. I have no issue with doing away with F&F transfers; that seemed like a bad idea from the beginning. A courtesy transaction for setting the using parties whole, seems like a much better idea.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:05 PM
Larry More.y

I sell on ebay, and I constantly have buyers who send payments w/o waiting for their invoice and subsequently overpay in s/h. So, at least once a day I send a refund back for excess s/h paid. After reading this thread, and realizing how often I provide refunds for excess s/h via paypal, I double checked my paypal account for this 30 cent charge....I am not seeing it.

Here is the most recent refund I did (for $3)......

Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
May 15, 2014 Refund Completed ... -$3.00 USD $0.06 USD -$2.94 USD

Total amount:
-$3.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.06 USD
Net amount:
-$2.94 USD

There is a fee amount of 0.06, which is subtracted from the refund amount of $3. Thus, I am only sending out $2.94 from of my account and paypal is sending the remaining 6 cents to the buyer(as a reimbursement to me for the original PP 2.2% fee).

So, if PP is charging 30 cents for each refund, where is this 30 cent debit showing up in my account?

What can be confusing is that when a PP transaction is completely refunded by a seller, the 30 cent PP transaction fee is not refunded...thus the seller is out that 30 cents. This has been the case with full refunds for years.

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 05-15-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:48 PM

savedfrommyspokes,

My fault. Mine was a percentage like yours, just on a larger transaction. What ticks me off is that they have no problem shuttling the money to you, but if there is an error, whoops!, ding you the seller for making it right.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Larry More.y

Brian, PP is not charging you, they are essentially crediting you. The 6 cents in my refund transaction is staying in my account and PP is covering that 6 cents(as reimbursement to me for the PP fees already paid as part of the original payment). More simply, I am only covering $2.94 of the $3 refund, PP the rest.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:05 PM

No. There was an original charge of $3.94 in the transaction. I refunded the person the money. PayPal refunded $3.64 and hijacked the other 30 cents.

Last edited by Brian Van Horn; 05-15-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:14 PM
Larry More.y

Brian, that is correct...PP does not refund the original 30 cent transaction fee, just the remainder of the percent they collect. PP is not charging for the refund, they are just not refunding the transaction fee from the original payment. This has been this way for years.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:15 PM

The charge stated refund fee.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebboy View Post

Option-
John Hanssen
What John? You mean you don't work for free?

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 05-15-2014, 07:01 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

That's correct. If you only do a partial refund, you are not charged the 30 cent fee (assuming there is more than 30 cents left after the refund). However, if you do a full refund, then you are charged the 30 cent fee. I have noticed there are a few times when I am not charged this fee even when doing the full refund, and I believe it is when I do the full refund the same day that the buyer paid for the item. (This happened a couple of times when I realized that I had already sold the item, and then mistakenly re-listed it again when it sold again. )
Old 05-15-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
That's correct. If you only do a partial refund, you are not charged the 30 cent fee (assuming there is more than 30 cents left after the refund). However, if you do a full refund, then you are charged the 30 cent fee. I have noticed there are a few times when I am not charged this fee even when doing the full refund, and I believe it is when I do the full refund the same day that the buyer paid for the item. (This happened a couple of times when I realized that I had already sold the item, and then mistakenly re-listed it again when it sold again. )
Thank you.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:37 PM
MikeHealer

This has to be one of the most informative threads ever on Net54. May be a sticky candidate.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehealer View Post
This has to be one of the most informative threads ever on Net54. May be a sticky candidate.
D'accord.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Thirty cents?
Old 05-15-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Thirty cents?
It's the principle of the matter.