NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on Ebay
Pre-WWII Cards
Post WWII Cards
Vintage Memorabilia
Babe Ruth Cards
Ty Cobb Cards
Lou Gehrig Cards
Mickey Mantle Cards
Goudey Cards
Bowman Cards
T205s on Ebay
Tobacco "T" Cards
Caramel "E" Cards
Vintage Baseball Postcards
Football Cards on Ebay
Exhibit Cards
Strip Cards
Baking Cards
Sporting News
Playball Cards on Ebay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-27-2017, 04:29 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is online now
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 5,264
Default TWEET CREEP of the YEAR Nominee: Austin Krzeminski

After Milwaukee Brewers' minor leaguer Julio Mendez suffered a cardiac event after being hit by a pitch thrown by Los Angeles Angels minor league pitcher Austin Krzeminski, he was hospitalized in critical but stable condition.


00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000

Krzeminski tweeted this:

If everyone could do me a favor and say a pray for Julio Mendez it would really mean a lot ����

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000

...very thoughtful, Austin...


but, instead, let's ALL do Julio Mendez the favor and pray for his full recovery.



.
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.

Last edited by clydepepper; 08-27-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-27-2017, 05:36 PM
Aquarian Sports Cards Aquarian Sports Cards is online now
Scott Russell
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,404
Default

Think you're reading too much into it. I'm sure he meant well.
__________________
Check out http://www.birminghamauctioneers.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-27-2017, 07:25 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is online now
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 5,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Think you're reading too much into it. I'm sure he meant well.


There you go...that's the kind of response that breeds that kind of thoughtlessness. Thinking before you tweet would be a good lesson for a lot to learn.
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-27-2017, 08:12 PM
chaddurbin's Avatar
chaddurbin chaddurbin is offline
qu@n nguy3n
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,494
Default

OP you can't even bother to spell names correctly on the topics you write on here daily, and you're bothered by this tweet? weird...something something self-awareness something something irony.
__________________
One post max per thread.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-27-2017, 09:13 PM
Aquarian Sports Cards Aquarian Sports Cards is online now
Scott Russell
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,404
Default

Sorry, I just find it harsh to label someone who is asking for prayers for someone else a "creep." However inelegantly he expressed his thoughts.
__________________
Check out http://www.birminghamauctioneers.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-27-2017, 10:15 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is online now
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 5,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
OP you can't even bother to spell names correctly on the topics you write on here daily, and you're bothered by this tweet? weird...something something self-awareness something something irony.


If I have misspelled a name, it's not from carelessness. I make every attempt to spell correctly and communicate as clearly as possible. However, I realize I am not perfect, even in areas I really try to be, and, therefore, I am always willing to learn from my mistakes no matter how small they may be. Since I am 'bothered by this tweet', I have to be even handed and try to make corrections on my posts as well.

Please feel free to provide examples of my 'misspelled names'. I thank you in advance for the constructive criticism and assume that was the spirit in which it is being provided.


The reason I was so bothered by this tweet was even the slightest indication that the man who threw the pitch considered himself as a victim and therefore in needed a favor (rather than the actual victim) because of the results of his action, even if that was not his intention. I also understand that he is a very young man, but I think it is obvious he is old enough to take more care before 'tweeting'.
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-27-2017, 10:20 PM
Bored5000's Avatar
Bored5000 Bored5000 is offline
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Fleetwood, Pa.
Posts: 951
Default

I must be missing someting. I don't see anything wrong or offensive with that Tweet.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-27-2017, 10:28 PM
lrspaulp lrspaulp is offline
Paul Peters
member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Clyde, New York
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
If I have misspelled a name, it's not from carelessness. I make every attempt to spell correctly and communicate as clearly as possible. However, I realize I am not perfect, even in areas I really try to be, and, therefore, I am always willing to learn from my mistakes no matter how small they may be. Since I am 'bothered by this tweet', I have to be even handed and try to make corrections on my posts as well.

Please feel free to provide examples of my 'misspelled names'. I thank you in advance for the constructive criticism and assume that was the spirit in which it is being provided.


The reason I was so bothered by this tweet was even the slightest indication that the man who threw the pitch considered himself as a victim and therefore in needed a favor (rather than the actual victim) because of the results of his action, even if that was not his intention. I also understand that he is a very young man, but I think it is obvious he is old enough to take more care before 'tweeting'.
Raymond,

It must be great being perfect........Austin is 20 years old who is probably dealing with one of the worst things a 20-year old athlete can deal with. To YOU, the tweet was "insensitive" but I feel the kid showed class by asking others to pray for Julio. Get off your freaking high horse.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-27-2017, 10:33 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is online now
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 5,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrspaulp View Post
Raymond,

It must be great being perfect........Austin is 20 years old who is probably dealing with one of the worst things a 20-year old athlete can deal with. To YOU, the tweet was "insensitive" but I feel the kid showed class by asking others to pray for Julio. Get off your freaking high horse.
Did YOU even read what you were responding to?

Well, NO - You did not.

I both admitted that I'm not perfect and stated my understanding that the 'tweeting' kid was exactly that...a kid.

Welcome to the crowd of folks reacting and not reading. That habit should take you far.

FYI - If I actually had a high horse, I would take very good care of him and never allow him to be 'freaking'.
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-27-2017, 10:36 PM
lrspaulp lrspaulp is offline
Paul Peters
member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Clyde, New York
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Did YOU even read what you were responding to?

Well, NO - You did not.

I both admitted that I'm not perfect and stated my understanding that the 'tweeting' kid was exactly that...a kid.

Welcome to the crowd of folks reacting and not reading. That habit should take you far.

FYI - If I actually had a high horse, I would take very good care of him and never allow him to be 'freaking'.
You started this BS thread with criticism of a 20 year old who is trying to do the right thing.........end of conversation.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-28-2017, 07:33 AM
KCRfan1 KCRfan1 is offline
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles area
Posts: 1,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
There you go...that's the kind of response that breeds that kind of thoughtlessness. Thinking before you tweet would be a good lesson for a lot to learn.
I totally get your point Raymond.

At 20 years old, he has grown up in a social media world and should know the basics of asking himself " Can this be misinterpreted? " or " Is this worded right? ".

I'm not doubting the young man's intention, but I believe we can all agree his tweet was very poorly worded.
__________________
My new found obsession the t206!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-28-2017, 12:33 PM
Orioles1954 Orioles1954 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
After Milwaukee Brewers' minor leaguer Julio Mendez suffered a cardiac event after being hit by a pitch thrown by Los Angeles Angels minor league pitcher Austin Krzeminski, he was hospitalized in critical but stable condition.


00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000

Krzeminski tweeted this:

If everyone could do me a favor and say a pray for Julio Mendez it would really mean a lot ����

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000

...very thoughtful, Austin...


but, instead, let's ALL do Julio Mendez the favor and pray for his full recovery.



.

Ghastly. I think he should be flogged at the public square.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-28-2017, 01:15 PM
packs packs is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,498
Default

Is one to assume you did not do him this favor?

Last edited by packs; 08-28-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-28-2017, 02:08 PM
Michael B Michael B is offline
Mh wߥ
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 998
Default

I think Austin Krzeminski's response is appropriate. This is rookie league so you do not get a lot of coverage. The only reporting on this was about Julio Mendez suffering a heart attack. We don't know if Austin made any sort of public statement to the press.

The tweet was made at 2:45 a.m. the night of the game. From what it appears he is a Christian as he has a bible verse on his account. Also, that undecipherable symbol at the end of his statement is hands held like you would in praying. Several of his teammates, Tyler Walsh and Jimmy Barnes, III, sent along similar thoughts. I guess we should castigate them also.
__________________
'Integrity is what you do when no one is looking'

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-28-2017, 02:20 PM
frankbmd's Avatar
frankbmd frankbmd is offline
Fr@nk Burke++
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Between the 1st tee and the 19th hole
Posts: 5,950
Default

No comment on Raymond's tweet take, but

it seems strange to me that a pitched baseball would cause a cardiac arrest in a young athlete. I suspect that Julio may have had some form of congenital heart defect not previously symptomatic or recognized.

Pete Maravich comes to mind, who performed quite well at the professional level, before dying of heart disease in a pick up basketball game in Pasadena, CA in his early forties. I don't think the basketball that hit him on the head in that game was a factor in his demise. Pete did have a cardiac abnormality.

No tweet by the pitcher in this case would have been far more insensitive. Then again I am not a tweeter and am capable of expressing remorse.
__________________
FRANK:BUR:KETT - RAUCOUS SPORTS CARD FORUM MEMBER BUT CLEARLY........

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION


518/1000 Monster Number

Over*760* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-19.
Over 550 sales with satisfied Board members served.
Thank you all.



Now nearly PQ.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-28-2017, 02:32 PM
packs packs is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,498
Default

If you hit someone hard enough between beats, it could cause the heart to stop without any kind of abnormality.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-28-2017, 03:21 PM
steve B steve B is offline
Steve Birmingham
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: eastern Mass.
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
The reason I was so bothered by this tweet was even the slightest indication that the man who threw the pitch considered himself as a victim and therefore in needed a favor (rather than the actual victim) because of the results of his action, even if that was not his intention. I also understand that he is a very young man, but I think it is obvious he is old enough to take more care before 'tweeting'.
Oh the irony...............
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-28-2017, 04:12 PM
Neal's Avatar
Neal Neal is online now
Ne@l K
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: US
Posts: 1,279
Default

The pitcher could also be considered a victim of an unfortunate and unintentional event. I am sure he could use some prayer too.
__________________
Neal

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-20-2017, 02:39 PM
baseballagent baseballagent is offline
member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1
Default

Ray...........Really?

So you call this young man a Creep, and nominate him for Tweet Creep of Year, because he asked his Twitter followers to pray for another player that was hospitalized as a result of a terrible accident while playing a professional baseball game?

He wasn't asking for prayers for himself Ray. Do you really think that you are the expert and the deciding opinion on how to word a request for a prayer for another individual?

Well I don't, at best I think you are bully and a name caller, who ought to be nominated for Bully of the Year
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-20-2017, 04:26 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is online now
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 5,264
Default

You may get more respect for your comments if you were man enough to at least share your name....it is easy to snip from the cheap seats.


...and you, just as the few others that did not get it, won't get it.


As I am not at all interested in a back-and-forth with someone like yourself, consider this my last post on this thread.

It will be interesting to see if you can restrain yourself by not responding.
I'm betting you can't.

-Raymond Culpepper
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-20-2017, 05:16 PM
bravos4evr's Avatar
bravos4evr bravos4evr is offline
Nick Barnes
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: South Mississippi
Posts: 757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
I must be missing someting. I don't see anything wrong or offensive with that Tweet.
me either ,I am completely baffled.
__________________
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away."- Tom Waits
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Baseball's biggest lolife degenerate creep Snapolit1 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 18 04-20-2016 12:32 PM
Mission Creep Dewey Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 14 04-02-2016 03:24 PM
White Plains Show (Best Dealer Nominee) Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 9 12-06-2005 04:16 PM
My nominee for Collector of the Month- Vintagecatcher Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 3 11-25-2005 02:50 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 AM.


ebay GSB