NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Default PSA Turnaround Times

Posted By: Mike

Hi Everyone,
I know not many of you are PSA fans, but I have a question about turnaround times. I gave them a submission of two cards at the Reading show, with 10 day service. The cards where not entered into their system until 3/10 and the cards still have yet to be finished. I've never had problems with their service, but is this unusual to have to wait an extra week to finish grading cards with PSA?
Also, at the Reading show I used SGC for the first time and those cards arrived to day with a 15 day service. How should I go about solving this situation? Any suggestions would be appreciated?
Thanks,
Mike Gray
gray766@hotmail.com

Old 03-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Mike - I have found that PSA is very slow to say they received your order but once they do, they are decent about getting it out on time. My 10 day service order wasn't entered into their system for 8 days, but once it was, it was at my door 11 days later. I don't know that you have any recourse but to wait.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark T

and wait....thats all you can do. Its too bad PSA does not have the same turn around and customer service as SGC.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Administrator

SGC is having a bit of a back log currently as well - a few of us are still waiting on orders submitted over 30 days ago.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

Matt- Wow, 30 days? Thats a long time for grading cards.
Mike

Old 03-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Administrator

have you been in contact with SGC about the long wait?

Old 03-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

I just had a 2-day service done with SGC earlier this week...in and out just like that, right on time.

As far as PSA, they are slow...the last submission I had they did go over the days by one and actually did send me a free voucher for one card...I threw it away however.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Administrator

It was on their cross-over special which said to allow up to 30 days, so I'm not upset about it. I believe tBob posted yesterday that he was at 35 days on his order as well.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

to OP,

psa don't have a set guaranteed time...so yea you just have to sit back and wait. my last sub in jan took 11 bus days on a 5-day service...b4 that they were usually right on time.

dave,

so what did sgc give the t227 cobb/bender. i'm assuming that's what you used the 2 day service on...

Old 03-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Administrator

T227 Cobb--SGC 10
T227 Bender--SGC 30

nice Dave!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Mccullough

I sent in 50 cards or better for the registry special last mid December.. With the holidays and all I got the confirmation that they received them the first week in January.. 10 Business days later they email me saying there is a problem with my paper work as I didnt fill out how I would like to pay for the return shipping.... (Freakin BS, but oh well, Im a patient person.) I answer the email promptly saying to charge the sucker to the CC that was provided on the submission sheet,,, etc etc...... 14 business days later my grades are posted on the web site and now I await shipment certified registered mail...
I get my cards in February... Ya freaking hoo, I am so happy!!! I cant hardly wait to do it again...

Old 03-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Neal

Question I sent in 9 cards to SGC which they received this past Monday! I elected for the same Express 10 Biz day service. Does SGC wait until the day they ship out to me until I can actually see what grades the cards received??

Old 03-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Neal - they only update your order status page when they ship. However, they update the population reports for the cards as they grade them.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Neal

Thanks Matt for the info!Guess I could stop checking daily

Old 03-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh

I sent in (43) t201 cards and I got them back within 14 days. Then I have sent in (33) t205 cards and I got them back 38 days letter. Both with the same service but at different times. So who knows......

Old 03-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank B

I dropped a card off on the last day of San Jose show (Sunday) and paid for the
one day walk-thru service. They would be back in the office the next day (Monday)
so I figured I'd have it by the end of that week. I got the card 13 days later.
Way too long for something that was to be graded and shipped out in a day or two.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

So I have posted before about the plight my father in law and I went through in building our Cracker Jack sets. PSA did feature our collection in SMR, but I would not call their service stellar. Outside of inconsistent grading standards, customer service leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Coming on the heels of our last experience with PSA, I felt compelled to post.

In an effort to complete our 1915 set, I purchased a Walter Johnson from a board member who was great to work with, and sent the card overnight to PSA. I have had several face to face meetings with PSA throughout the compiling of the sets, and called Roy at PSA ahead of time saying that the card was coming in, and that it needed to be turned quickly in order to get it into the hands of REA in time for the start of their sale. He said no problem, and sent me a confirmation that the shipping/receiving group had the package in hand. 2 weeks, 8 emails and 2 phone calls later, we got a response. The card had been graded, but they weren't sure who to charge, so it sat for a week. Roy had never filled out the paper work, and to my humility, they called REA and asked them to pay for the grading. REA directed them back to me, and payment was made. When I attempted to add the final card tot he set registry, I found that my access was denied, as it was submitted under REA's account. I had to contact REA in order to get the cert #. We were charged a premium price, for sub-standard turnaround. To add to it, my father in law asked for extra SMR's that featured our story, something that they had promised early on in the process. Roy stated it would not be a problem, he just needed his credit card number to cover shipping.

nice.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TFerg

Though I know my submissions to SGC aren't as valuable as some posted above, I have received superb service from SGC. All submissions were on time or early. SGC has been my only choice thus far so I have nothing to compare against, but from hanging around message boards I feel my experience is the norm (atleast for now). I have examined cards I have sent and compared them to examples I have purchased in PSA holders, and the SGC cards(with one exception) have been of higher quality. I have no clue as to the customer service aspect involved (as I have only submitted to SGC) but I have no reason to send my cards anywhere else. I do fully understand that PSA holdered cards do command more $$$ upon resale, but I rarely sell. For me not it's not dollars, it's sense.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Mt Joy

I currently have 5 subs in at PSA and 2 in at SGC. I mailed 4 of these out the same day (2 psa and 2 sgc) and it took psa an extra 5 days to enter the subs vs the 2 sgc's and they both received then the same day, gurr. That and I normally plan on a couple extra days on any psa sub and I have a couple go 20+ days late last year. Only thing I can say is to wait it out.

PSA has some nice people working there that are helpful but in my short time dealing with SGC their CS is light years ahead of PSA.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

Forced to break with SGC/JSA as a result of the unceremonial demise of that relationship, I tried PSA/DNA in December -- and got my cards back in February. I, too, was faced with a delay of more than a week because they claimed I didn't check the right shipping box -- because I had two "Tall Boys" with my order. If this was an SGC issue, I'd have gotten a call to confirm that I wanted to check another shipping box for those two cards and there would have been no delay. Instead, I got all sorts of excuses: "you checked the wrong box"; "it was the holidays"; "we're pretty backed up"; etc.

I have about a dozen other signed pre-war cards that I'd like to have certified, but I'm waiting until SGC finds another partner. I gave PSA another chance to win me over as a client -- and they failed miserably.

PSA -- Poor Shipping Administration

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for my blog, interviews, articles, card galleries and more!

Old 03-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave Haas

Psa's return times are in business days so 30 days is equal to 6 weeks, 10 days is 2 weeks.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

I mailed out submission packages to PSA and SGC on the same day in late February.
I received them both on the same day in late March.
PSA order was a simple 12-card Collectors Club order of 1950s-60 HOFers
SGC order had 18 cards for 4 different types of services

both went off without a hitch.