NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 09-12-2012, 06:55 AM

Default Ebay problem, how to handle?

Long story short...auction was for a 1966 Topps Joe Morgan. I received the card and on the back was a banner at the bottom saying it was a 2005 Topps Rookie Cup Reprint. I contacted the seller and simply said, "the card is a reprint and not original, I would like a full refund please".

The emails in response from the seller:
"No refunds, all sales final"
"I never listed the card as being original"

The case went to the Ebay Resolution Center where it was found in my favor, in a hurry. Ebay will grant me a full refund. The seller then contacted me today and said, "I would like you to remove the negative feedback since you won, I don't want to tarnish my perfect record. You still have my card anyways".

First, who cares if I won the resolution. Does that really matter? they still handled it in a very devious unprofessional panner. I don't want that card. It's literally not worth the stamp it was sent on.

Should I remove the negative feedback?
Old 09-12-2012, 07:03 AM
Jason Presley

I'd leave the negative. If eBay had to be involved to resolve the issue due to a misleading auction description, the refund shouldn't be an automatic "buy back" of the negative. He can leave a response to the negative and move on. Far too many people don't ding sellers for bad issues experienced and it skews the playing field. I know eBay can be hard on sellers, but they also need to play by the rules. I'd say nothing short of delivering the advertised product should result in a positive (unless you happened to have a particularly good customer support response resulting in a refund).

Had he owned up to the misleading auction and readily refunded you, maybe a neutral would be warranted. But since you had to get eBay involved to get your money back, he deserves the negative, even if he doesn't learn from it and it just makes him mad.

Be sure to pass any potential retaliatory messages you might get from the seller on to eBay should he decide to take it out on you for being the one to ding his "perfect" record.

Either way, send the card back since you got your refund.

Last edited by DaClyde; 09-12-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:17 AM

I wanted to forward his latest message to Ebay, but I can't find a way to do it. Ebay makes it very difficult to email them.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Dave

Leave the negative. If you also sell on occasion, block him so he can't bid on one of your auctions.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Leave the negative. If you also sell on occasion, block him so he can't bid on one of your auctions.
Good advice! I shall do that. thanks!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
I agree with this. Full details should be disclosed within the listing, especially a reprint.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Bruce Fairchild

I would go further and post the seller's name here! It sounds as if he intentionally tried to mislead the buyers.
If I happen to be interested in other of his auctions I would like to know of his past.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:10 PM
David M.

He's a slime. He knew exactly what he was doing and figured he'd get away with it. Do us all a favor, and DO NOT remove that negative.