NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 07-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Banned

Default Modern HOF'ers but no interest in their cards

It's possibly a market location thing, as am not associated in any way to these players markets. Am finding it odd though that I have zero interest in collecting existing, or certain sure fire Hall Of Famers cards. Yount, Brett, F Thomas, Bagwell, Biggio, and a few others I don't even key off of when getting one in a pack of cards. Rookies of them, yes, but beyond that, the cards are given to the neighbor kids.

Seem to be stuck with the huge names now. Pujols in example. Rodriquez was there until a year ago. I think I should actually be respecting the cards of many more players, HOF players, than I do. For example, 1992 cards of all the players mentioned above I just can't get in to. Wrong ?

Note: not a seller/investor here. Just a dude enjoying the hobby.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Rich Klein

Default they made a ton of cards

1986-94. Let's face it, a 1991 Topps Robby Alomar card is 10 cent real value card, may have a book value but in the real world its a dime card.

Now, as you said, some extra interest in RC's from that era as well as more modern inserts, autographs, game used., etc. But let's face it, many of these base cards just draw no interest. 1982 Topps Rollie Fingers In Action anyone?

Rich
Old 07-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Banned

Default yep understood.

I do buy 'real' boxes and save them, but also, for fun, buy the junk periodically. I just completed sufferring through a 1992 Donruss Studio box. LOTS of Hall of Famers or soon to be in there.

My little stack left from it consists of a few Nolan's and Griffey's. The rest I honestly don't know what to do with. Will be trash. It is fun though going back in time with these card boxes. Steve Avery ? wow. Name from 20 years ago.
have fun all
Old 07-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Steve Birmingham

Donate the stuff you don't want. One of the guys here uses them in school.

Also, where can I get a dime for a 91 T Alomar? That would be great

Steve B
Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 AM

The last card show I went to (about 18 months ago), I had a lot of fun going through 10 cent boxes and pulling out HOF'ers cards from about 85 to present. I probably spent 30 minutes and $5 pulling out cards, passing up literally hundreds of HOF'ers to take the ones I wanted.

There are just so many million of all of those cards they will never have any value, but when you can get Griffey Jr or Frank Thomas or Chipper for 10 cents, why not?

I just have them either in 9 pocket pages, or in plastic boxes.