NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main PreWWII Forums > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-07-2016, 08:22 AM

I received my Leland's check over the weekend. So it took about a month, I guess. I wasn't in a huge hurry for the money, and my wife will make it disappear quickly enough Christmas shopping. So the timing's decent. The experience was good overall. They were friendly, answered my questions/e-mails very quickly and they're convenient for me (I live on Long Island). I was consigning a stadium chair so not having to ship the thing was a big plus. Anyway, I'm pleased with their service.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:36 AM
Paul Gruszka

I recently have had problems with SCP Auctions, so due to their poor customer service I'm dropping them.

Emailed them about consigning an item, valued at approx a grand. Never heard back from them after their initial reply asking for some information about the item, which I gave them. Then crickets.

So month or 2 later decided to give them another chance, different item, exact same thing, guy replies asking for info. I supply it. I send a follow up asking a question. No reply to that. I send another email asking yes/no? Nothing back.

Just terrible Customer Service at SCP.

Went to another of the bigger auctions houses, as there really are 5,6, 7 very good ones in terms of results. They took the item gladly.

And again I have consign failry regularly to REA, MEARS, Goldin, Heritage, Huggins & Scott, and Gray Flannel. I need to get Hunt in my rotation as well, they seem to have great results too. They will replace SCP.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:23 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig View Post
I just discovered which auction house pays out consigners 35 days post auction
I just discovered which auction house has not paid me yet and it is 48 days after the auction has ended. Despite me sending an unanswered e mail and then a phone call which when answered promised me "check will be in the mail on Monday." You all know the AH well.

Day 49 - my check arrived.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 01-28-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Drew E.

I have an item consigned at Heritage that is ending tonight. What is usually the timetable of receiving my consignor's check? Thanks!
Old 05-12-2017, 01:23 PM
Paul Gruszka

I've consigned to Heritage May one before, you will get it mid to end of June.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
I just discovered which auction house has not paid me yet and it is 48 days after the auction has ended. Despite me sending an unanswered e mail and then a phone call which when answered promised me "check will be in the mail on Monday." You all know the AH well.

Day 49 - my check arrived.
Day 61 for me and no check yet......
Old 05-12-2017, 09:12 PM
Paul Gruszka

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
Day 61 for me and no check yet......
Wow....that's a long time. I wouldn't be happy, especially if they have not at least advised there is a delay, say to a late paying buyer, but if not, then that's just poor customer service.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:52 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
you were correct sir....

......anyone else gets theirs from REA, Goldin or Lelands, feel free to post. I'll post when my Goldin one comes.

I know of one Auction House where its a month to a month and a half before you get the check. That's just too long. I think within 2 weeks is perfect.
They can't pay unless they get paid. Makes sense right? Aholes like me are lazy and like to hold on to their cash. Not purposely but sending a ck is a pain in the ass. If they would accept paypal gift, or echeck.. that would speed up the process. #Ihavenothadackbookforyears

[i]"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." [/I]~Ansel Adams

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

Last edited by Forever Young; 05-13-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:07 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
They can't pay unless they get paid. Makes sense right? Aholes like me are lazy and like to hold on to their cash. Not purposely but sending a ck is a pain in the ass. If they would accept paypal gift, or echeck.. that would speed up the process. #Ihavenothadackbookforyears
Well, my friend, the AH I am referring in mine accepts PayPal.....