NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main PreWWII Forums > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-08-2017, 05:43 PM
slidekellyslide's Avatar
slidekellyslide slidekellyslide is offline
Dan Bretta
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 5,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFarino View Post
Wrong I saw something interesting and asked if you would consider selling it. Sooooooo your point is????
Are you still banned from the BST?
__________________
Looking for Nebraska Indians memorabilia, photos and postcards
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-08-2017, 05:52 PM
JoeyFarino JoeyFarino is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 866
Default

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-08-2017, 05:57 PM
bobfreedman bobfreedman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 806
Default

I already told you that was my mistake when you texted me your F Bomb laced text message
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-08-2017, 06:02 PM
JoeyFarino JoeyFarino is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfreedman View Post
I already told you that was my mistake when you texted me your F Bomb laced text message
ONLY when i called you out
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-08-2017, 06:04 PM
JoeyFarino JoeyFarino is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfreedman View Post
I already told you that was my mistake when you texted me your F Bomb laced text message
You sent me numerous messages about it and not once did you say anything
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-08-2017, 06:08 PM
JoeyFarino JoeyFarino is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 866
Default

Bob I wouldve gotten back to you eventually but was doing more research on the others because I simply didnt trust your word on them being Type 1's. It wasnt fast enough for you so you chose to be a diva and cry to everyone on the forum
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-09-2017, 01:49 PM
Runscott's Avatar
Runscott Runscott is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFarino View Post
Just bought this 1952 Brooklyn Dodgers Type 1 and it comes with this LOA which Ive never seen before. I know the situation about Rogers but has anyone seen these LOA's like this
I have John Rogers LOA's like that - mine simply said that the photo came from a scrapbook belonging to a certain players' estate. I have had letters before that came from infamous hobbyists - you have to make the decision as to whether or not it is worth advertising when you attempt to sell or trade the piece. For instance, I used to have an item that was definitely authentic, right down to photo-matching; however, it once belonged to Barry Halper and had a letter from him, signed. The seller didn't mention this, but included it anyway. I thought it added an interesting parameter to the piece, as I had enough supporting evidence as to its authenticity.

Same thing for my Rogers letters - they indicate where the pieces came from, but really don't provide any other authentication. If Rogers claimed something was 'Type I' and I needed a letter, I would get someone else to look at it and then toss Rogers' letter.
__________________
$co++ Forre$+

Belltown Vintage Cards Store
BelltownVintage on ebay
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-09-2017, 01:56 PM
JoeyFarino JoeyFarino is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I have John Rogers LOA's like that - mine simply said that the photo came from a scrapbook belonging to a certain players' estate. I have had letters before that came from infamous hobbyists - you have to make the decision as to whether or not it is worth advertising when you attempt to sell or trade the piece. For instance, I used to have an item that was definitely authentic, right down to photo-matching; however, it once belonged to Barry Halper and had a letter from him, signed. The seller didn't mention this, but included it anyway. I thought it added an interesting parameter to the piece, as I had enough supporting evidence as to its authenticity.

Same thing for my Rogers letters - they indicate where the pieces came from, but really don't provide any other authentication. If Rogers claimed something was 'Type I' and I needed a letter, I would get someone else to look at it and then toss Rogers' letter.
Thank you for the info. I appreciate it
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-15-2017, 05:47 PM
calvindog's Avatar
calvindog calvindog is offline
Jeffrey Lichtman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I have John Rogers LOA's like that - mine simply said that the photo came from a scrapbook belonging to a certain players' estate. I have had letters before that came from infamous hobbyists - you have to make the decision as to whether or not it is worth advertising when you attempt to sell or trade the piece. For instance, I used to have an item that was definitely authentic, right down to photo-matching; however, it once belonged to Barry Halper and had a letter from him, signed. The seller didn't mention this, but included it anyway. I thought it added an interesting parameter to the piece, as I had enough supporting evidence as to its authenticity.

Same thing for my Rogers letters - they indicate where the pieces came from, but really don't provide any other authentication. If Rogers claimed something was 'Type I' and I needed a letter, I would get someone else to look at it and then toss Rogers' letter.
Rogers is about to spend many years in jail for fraud relating to such photos so I'm pretty certain his LOA's are good solely for toilet paper or fish wrapping.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brooklyn Dodgers Photo ID Plinvestments Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used 6 03-28-2013 07:30 PM
1941 Brooklyn Dodgers Photo - Cuba Archive Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used 1 11-29-2007 08:59 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.


ebay GSB