NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-30-2005, 02:01 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Cobb Orange

Posted By: warrior1978

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5190459763&fromMakeTrack=true

I recently sold my T206 Cobb with the EPDG back. While I do regret selling it a little bit, I have moved on.

Any feels or opinions on the ebay link above? I sent several questions to seller. They have good feedback and have been on Ebay for a couple years. Obviously I would have the card graded pretty quickly by SGC and request my money back if it wasn't authentic or there were indications that it was altered.

I'm also participating in the "live auction" for three three Ty Cobb cards ending tomorrow.

thanks

Warrior1978

Old 04-30-2005, 05:01 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Cobb Orange

Posted By: Hal Lewis

Don't waste your time or money on that.

Old 04-30-2005, 05:31 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Cobb Orange

What are the indicators that it is fake?

Here's what I see:
1) A good looking card that if real should've been graded and authenticated. Too good to be true?
2) Also offering a Ruth non-graded card
3) The seller has one negative for "non-communication". Ebay member for two years
4) The seller doesn't have much if any history of card selling or buying in their feedback.
5) Money-Back guarentee
6) Sold several Louis Vuitton bags for $500-2000. Buyers provided feedback indicating the bags were authentic and exactly has described.

Questions I sent:

1) Terms of the money back guarentee
2) Where/when they got the card
3) Has it ever been graded
4) If SGC says the card is fake or alterted/trimmed, will the money back guarentee apply?

#6 is a little persuassive for me because they are a lot of fake LV bags on Ebay, but the seller appears to be selling real ones. A negative feedback for selling a fake/altered card and not honoring their money back guarentee would likely kill all future expensive bag sales. If I pay via paypal (with credit card), I do have some external guarentees of getting my money back.

Old 04-30-2005, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Cobb Orange

Posted By: AParks

7) Obviously flunked grammar in high school.

Old 04-30-2005, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Cobb Orange

Posted By: Hal Lewis

Are you really willing to go through all of that risk and hassle to maybe (BIG maybe) get something that is worth twice what you pay for it (since I am sure there will be a shill bidder as well)??

Isn't it better just to go place a "Show" bet on the favorite in the 5th race today at Aqueduct?

Old 04-30-2005, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Cobb Orange

Posted By: jay behrens

How many buyers on eBay could actually tell a real LV bag from a fake? I'm sure most are bought by a husband or BF looking for a cool gift for the significant other and no clue what the difference is. Bt the time the bag is given as a gift and the SO figures out it is fake, buyer adn seller have probably already exchanged feedback.

Jay

I like to sit outside drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Old 04-30-2005, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Cobb Orange

I read through his/her feedback pretty closely. As for the VL bags, at least one customer says they verified the bag at a LV Store. I've seen a lot of very fake and even less looking fake T206 cards on Ebay. How many of those also included a Reserve price? I am hoping someone will speak up and say: "Yeah, I sold it to him last week as a reprint" or "I know the seller and he's scammer". I'm very curious to know how he will respond to my questions. . As previously mentioned they are offering a Goudey Ruth, what I didn't mention was a another high end item that probably isn't faked: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
The seller may be selling some valuables that have been laying around the house and collecting dust.
I appreciate the input so far!

Awesome Loius Vuitton case. Authentic. Verified with LV Store. Will Buy Again
Buyer aerosmith027 ( 69) Apr-02-05 05:51 6755542103

Absolutely authentic!! I love it!! So nice to do business with! AAAA++++++++++++
Buyer roger101103 ( 6 ) Mar-30-05 15:45 6755545442

Old 05-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Cobb Orange

Posted By: Brian

Follow up:

Response from seller to my questions:

"Grandfather No grading done If deemed trimmed or not authentic will refund money"

I've spent enough money on the REA and something else I'm wathcing on Ebay, so I think I'm passing on this one. Update: I emailed the seller again, his reserve is much too high for even me, a risk taker, to consider.

Brian

Old 05-03-2005, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Cobb Orange

Posted By: BCD

AParks
(Login AP13)
Sheesh.April 30 2005, 7:56 AM

7) Obviously flunked grammar in high school.

more like jr. high school but I still have TWO mello mint Wagners and decided to post one on the registry Saturday.