NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-14-2015, 07:29 AM
C.hris Bl.and

I won the Willilam Paterson Miller Huggins card for a very good price IMO.

Frustrating thing - I went to check out and saw shipping is $19.30 for one standard-sized card. That thing better be in my lap tomorrow...

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 08-14-2015, 07:33 AM
Mi.ke Que.vill.on

Default Any idea what all of this sold for?

That was a pretty amazing collection with some strong prices realized.
I did a cursory calculation from the Heritage site and stopped at half a million dollars, does anyone know what the final tally was for Leon's collection?
Old 08-14-2015, 07:39 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-illini View Post
Frustrating thing - I went to check out and saw shipping is $19.30 for one standard-sized card. That thing better be in my lap tomorrow...
$49.05 for two graded cards.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:43 AM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
That is just ridiculous. I would love to hear Heritage explain that.

N172 Old Judge Portraits

Dave Wilson

Same for me .... ouch!!

Quote:

$23.45 for one graded card...

just another 6% to my winning bid
Old 08-14-2015, 07:47 AM
C.hris Bl.and

From the invoice:

"Please allow 7-14 days for shipping."

I guess absurd shipping fees do not equate to rapid service.

N172 Old Judge Portraits

Old 08-14-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
From the invoice:

"Please allow 7-14 days for shipping."

I guess absurd shipping fees do not equate to rapid service.
I bid in a lot of Heritage auctions and always figure bid price plus commission fees plus outrageous shipping charges in to my decision on how much to bid. The poster who said outrageous shipping costs do not equate to quick shipping is right on the money.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Just got my revised invoice; now $33.80 for the two graded cards.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:22 PM

As long as we're on the subject of overstrikes, here are two of the three lots I won last evening. These two will fit in perfectly with my Southern minor league collection, especially T209-1.

Jeff-Just got my revised bill and it was for the same amount you were charged. I already sent my payment so I guess I'll be getting a big refund. Ha!

Cheers, Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2015-08-14 at 10.23.52 AM.jpg (13.7 KB, 535 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2015-08-14 at 10.25.15 AM.jpg (13.4 KB, 535 views)
Old 08-14-2015, 05:59 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

If anyone grabbed the nonsports proof sheet lot, contact me if you're willing to sell the T51 Colleges.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:12 PM

If anyone here grabbed the 1923 W572 lot, please pm me if you're willing to sell the card with the Metro Star on top.

Thanks,
Patrick
Old 08-14-2015, 06:24 PM
J@son M1ller

Quote:
Just got my revised invoice; now $33.80 for the two graded cards.
Me too. $29.30 for 3 cards. And still circumventing California law by stating it as "Service and Handling" rather than "Shipping and Handling".
Old 08-14-2015, 06:37 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Jason--Are you saying that Heritage is collecting taxes that they do not pay, or that their system is paying more tax than it has to? I doubt the former is happening. If it is the latter, perhaps you could call their Dallas headquarters and discuss it with their financial people.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:06 PM
J@son M1ller

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Jason--Are you saying that Heritage is collecting taxes that they do not pay, or that their system is paying more tax than it has to? I doubt the former is happening. If it is the latter, perhaps you could call their Dallas headquarters and discuss it with their financial people.
I have no idea what they are doing other than charging me tax on shipping. In California you aren't supposed to do that. But since they are calling it Service and not Shipping, they are charging the tax. Whatever they are doing with the money, I have no idea. I'm not saying it is illegal either. I'm just saying it is annoying and an example like my previous one where they use language to say whatever they want to say to get whatever they want. "Unique Back" "Service and Handling", etc.

"Mr. Miller,

Thank you for your email. The shipping charges are titled as service and handling and as this includes materials, handling and shipping charges it is taxable. You can go online and process the payment or I can process it for you manually at your request.
Please feel free to contact me with any further questions you might have.

Gary Fournerat
Auction Client/Bidder Services
HERITAGE AUCTIONS
800-872-6467 | Fax: 214-409-1425
3500 Maple Ave. 17th Floor, Dallas, TX 75219
www.HA.com "

Last edited by Jaybird; 08-14-2015 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:13 PM

Default Rob.....

you are truly clueless! apparently, missed the boat on something good, or are TOO STUPID to even realize that you are your own worst, miserable enemy

good day douche
Old 08-14-2015, 07:21 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

It sounds like the material and handling portion is taxible, and the postage portion is not. Since they do not break out the two, it sounds like they are just taking the most conservative posture vis a vis taxes and paying (and charging) taxes on all shipping charges. My sense is that Heritage does not want to go counter to tax guidelines and bends over backwards to make sure they are in compliance. At the end of the day, what are we talking about a few dollars extra in tax?
Old 08-14-2015, 07:45 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Quote:
I wouldn't count on it. I won a single graded in their sunday auction almost 2 weeks ago. Received the invoice the next day, Monday (8/3), with no shipping charges added. Paid by paypal that same day. I ended up calling either tuesday or Wednesday to find out when the shipping would be added. Finally ended up getting the shipping charges added on Thursday (8/6) and still have not received any notification that the card has shipped. And $19 to ship a $250 card is outragious. I guess a single graded card really does fall under their "Trading Card Set or Notebook, Large" shipping category. Sorry for the vent, but this is one of the things that just really bugs me about some auction houses and is one of the reasons I prefer to purchase from LOTG, Sterling, etc.

My total for 9 card (3 lots) was $46.90.

DJ
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers

Last edited by x2drich2000; 08-14-2015 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:55 AM
Tony Ooten

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
I wouldn't count on it. I won a single graded in their sunday auction almost 2 weeks ago. Received the invoice the next day, Monday (8/3), with no shipping charges added. Paid by paypal that same day. I ended up calling either tuesday or Wednesday to find out when the shipping would be added. Finally ended up getting the shipping charges added on Thursday (8/6) and still have not received any notification that the card has shipped. And $19 to ship a $250 card is outragious. I guess a single graded card really does fall under their "Trading Card Set or Notebook, Large" shipping category. Sorry for the vent, but this is one of the things that just really bugs me about some auction houses and is one of the reasons I prefer to purchase from LOTG, Sterling, etc.

My total for 9 card (3 lots) was $46.90.

DJ
Sorta makes me glad I didn't win the one minor lot I bid on after 10:00, my last bid put me over the limit I had set for myself several hours early anyway. Tack another $19 onto that and I really would've busted it.

By the way, DJ mentioned LOTG as if their shipping is reasonable. I won 4 raw cards in their last auction and shipping was $8.40..... I thought that was too high, plus they sent the notice that shipping will be delayed since they are at White Plains trying to get more consignments.

I do agree Sterling has been reasonable.