NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back E93's

Posted By: nbrazil

Anyone have the story behind blank backed E93's? Where did they come from? How many of them are in existence? Why do they sell for so much less than non blank backed e93's? I did a search on this forum and got some info on it. Was wondering if anyone had more information.

thanks in advance

Old 07-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back E93's

Posted By: Bryan Long

I wanted to bump this up again because I am curious as well if anyone has some new info on them.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back E93's

Posted By: leon

In the last year or two there have been about a half a dozen blank backed E93 sheets come to market. I guess a few of them got cut up into individual cards. I would treat them as an unfinished product and not a proof....(they definitely aren't proofs). The relative abundance of them has kept the prices down.....all imho....

Old 07-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back E93's

Posted By: JK

I believe Jim can expand on this more if he chooses, but I dont believe that there are an abundance of these cards. I could be wrong, but its my understanding that there is only one of each blank back that has actually been cut from a sheet (though there are a few uncut sheets out there that could obviously be cut up at some time in the future, thereby increasing supply). I also think that a number of these cards and uncut sheets have been resold on numerous occasions in the past year or two which has made it appear as though there are more in existence than may actually be the case.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back E93's

Posted By: robert a

I agree with Josh.

This past year, the two E93 sheets were offerred for sale repeatedly which made them appear a bit more common then they are. They're anything but common.

I would guess that one owner had more than one sheet some time back and chose to cut one down, but that's just me speculating.

I will say that the blank E93s appear to be more desireable to collectors than the E95/E96 blank backs. The E95/E96 are on thin stock which has always pushed folks away and pushed the value down.

I've never handled one, but assume they're the same stock as the standard E93s which would be what I'd look for.

Why do they sell for cheaper? They're hand cut and holdered Authentic. This pushes the prices down.

Rob

Old 07-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back E93's

Posted By: Bob

They are more prevalent than the E97 blank backs which are down right rare.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back E93's

Posted By: JimB

In the past couple of year there have been 2 blank back E93 sheets and two partial sheets that are new to the hobby. The two complete sets were not on one sheet but were cut into two parts in one case and three in another. The two sets came from one source. The blank back cards came from another source. I believe there are 15 blank backs total and no duplicates among them. They look like they come from a sheet that somebody hand cut long ago. As far as I am concerned, they have been underappreciated thus far since they are each unique. The sheets seem to exist in greater abundance because a couple of them have been resold two and three times, but they are pretty scarce. I know of only one uncut complete E93 sheet and have heard rumors of a second. Either way, there are not a lot out there.
JimB

Old 07-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back E93's

Posted By: nbrazil

really appreciate your responses. I bought the E93 wagner blank back in the REA auction. I wanted a E wagner in my collection...and ive been shut out too many time to count on E wagner cards (including the ones in the same REA auction). I saw this card priced relatively cheap. I knew hand cut cards are priced much lower than their "authentic" brothers...but i felt these blank back cards went a lot cheaper than i would expect.

thanks again

Old 07-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back E93's

Posted By: Bruce MacPherson

I believe there are at least two sheets (or partials) that have been cut. I know of at least two Griffiths - one graded and one unslabbed that exist. However, I do agree that they are scarce despite the numbers for sale recently.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back E93's

Posted By: JimB

nbrazil,
I think you got a great deal on that Wagner. I almost went for it and then just didn't for some reason.
JimB

Old 07-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back E93's

Posted By: WP

I know a dealer who claims he sold a high grade E93 sheet with backs to a board member.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back E93's

Posted By: quan

i agree with leon...for some reason or another the back didn't get finished. they may be scarce, but i have no desire to own one since they're incomplete and handcut...same goes for e97s (i tend to stay away from handcut stuff). since they're only half done the prices seem about right to me .

going on a tangent one card that i find interesting is the e98 young sgc40 that pete calderon had for sale a couple years back. that's the only e98 blank back i've seen and it wasn't handcut. anyone else have a bb e98? do we classify it the same as the occasional e92/e101/e102 blank back that come up?