NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-15-2003, 12:33 AM
Administrator

Default Angela Dawn McGuire

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

EBAY:

angelamcguire Monday, Oct 21, 2002 Monday, Dec 16, 2002

thunderingherdkid Monday, Dec 16, 2002 Thursday, Jun 05, 2003

ohiotarheelfan Thursday, Jun 05, 2003 User Suspended not a registered user

eagle8016 Monday, Apr 23, 2001 Present (lists her registered account name for this userid as Tracy O'Hayes)

Also suspected of using bellyfly69

YAHOO AUCTIONS:

thunderingherdkid

Also suspected of using kingscastle2000, among others

Uses the towns of Gallipolis, Vinton, and Stout, OH

Has used Angela Mcguire as her real name for "thunderingherdkid" on Yahoo Auctions and for "angelamcguire", "thunderingherdkid", "ohiotarheelfan" on EBAY.

Old 08-15-2003, 04:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Polin

Zoccihjr as well on Yahoo.

Old 08-15-2003, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

Don't be giving ebay undue credit - Angela (or whoever she is) was forced to go to private auctions, then to private feedback (due to pressure from this board), and finally gave up using the handle "Ohiotarheelfan", but ebay did nothing to her.

On the other hand (also due to pressure from this board), Harleyman's old handle "Drbond02" was suspended by ebay due to the selling of the fake feldman cards as real. Yes, we do have an impact, but it takes a lot of persistence - ebay will gladly trade a pound of integrity for an ounce of coin.

Old 08-15-2004, 12:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ebay Interested Party

Can you please post more information about this? I may know something about this person and additional code names but not sure we are talking about the same person. What did she sell on these auctions? How long has this been going on? I am concerned about privacy so not leaving my own email but would like to discuss with someone. Are you in Ohio?

Old 08-15-2004, 06:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: AdamBaxter

Hello,
This all occurred last year. Angela McGuire was the name she registered on Ebay with and gave to people who contacted her. She was selling obvious fake cards on both Ebay and Yahoo Auctions and was accepting buyer's money and not sending the merchandise to the tune of thousands of dollars. She appeared to be less successful on Yahoo. She had registered several of the same IDs on Yahoo that she had used on Ebay, but did not get an oppurtunity to use them all. She used several IDs including: Ohiotarheelfan, Eagle8016, thunderingherdkid and Bellyfly69. On one of these Ebay accounts she registered under the name Tracy O'Hayes. After repeated complaints from folks to Ebay, she was suspended on all of her accounts and to my knowledge noone has seen her operating on Ebay since. Hopefully it's because she's in Federal Prison! I was not victimized by this person, but I care about other collectors and my hobby and I felt had to speak out. Out of all the scam artists that have appeared on Ebay, I don't think there is anyone more deserving of prison then this clown.

Best,
Adam

P.S.: No, I don't live in Ohio.