NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 04-18-2013, 08:33 PM
qu@n nguy3n

Default jordan help...PREPRINT

have an interest. supposedly it's a buyback from UD, but those are so messy and can be tampered with so please look at the auto. the serial on the back does match the COA. thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jordan.jpg (47.0 KB, 223 views)

Last edited by chaddurbin; 04-22-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Where is the coa?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

Authentic Jordan autograph.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:19 PM
qu@n nguy3n

coa is from Upper Deck. I feel pretty good about this sig now, thanks guys!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Matt Hall

Nice card, I like buy-back autos.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:25 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
have an interest. supposedly it's a buyback from UD, but those are so messy and can be tampered with so please look at the auto. the serial on the back does match the COA. thanks.
Hey Chad, awesome card. Legit auto. The UD ones are sooooooooooo difficult to tamper with, nearly impossible. Not like the 'Bowman Buybacks' where it's a tiny square with a serial number, and nothing else.

I've noticed that in looking to purchase buybacks, the best way is to beckett.com and search to even see if there was a buyback made for that year of card etc. Pujols has a major issue with fakes, but you can use that checklist to weed them out, and they are numbered so if you see one on beckett from '04 Bowman Chrome out of 66 and one on eBay for an '04 BC numbered to 100, you can instantly toss that out.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:40 AM
qu@n nguy3n

yes, thx for the suggestions. from what i can gather UD was being coy about these buybacks for the '06-'07 issue the jordan. we now know there were /23 of the regular rookie but i can't find any info on the sticker.

also the UDA verification of the serial seems not to be working (or i have the wrong link)...so i might just call them later to be sure.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:57 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
yes, thx for the suggestions. from what i can gather UD was being coy about these buybacks for the '06-'07 issue the jordan. we now know there were /23 of the regular rookie but i can't find any info on the sticker.

also the UDA verification of the serial seems not to be working (or i have the wrong link)...so i might just call them later to be sure.
That seems like the safest bet. I know I have seen a Jordan signed buyback Fleer Sticker.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:58 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

You could probbaly save a few hundred bucks by not going the buyback route, but the buybacks look great.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:03 AM
qu@n nguy3n

looking to spend the least amount. people want a grip for the rookie era/fuller sig, even the uda camp-signed are approaching $1300-$1500?
Old 04-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
looking to spend the least amount. people want a grip for the rookie era/fuller sig, even the uda camp-signed are approaching $1300-$1500?
Yeah for the buybacks, people are buying for the buyback and the the 'serial number' buy I know you can get a nice example for easily less than $800
Old 04-19-2013, 09:10 AM
qu@n nguy3n

if you know of one please lmk where i would like to buy. thx

edit: with psa/dna or jsa cert even better.

Last edited by chaddurbin; 04-19-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:19 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:

I know some private collectors who have them, but they would ask pretty high. Over $1k, they are very nice examples.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:58 PM
qu@n nguy3n

yep, want one. would pay the k no problem if the sig is nice and not faded/smudged. don't care new or old sig...certified.

thought i had a deal for this one and it's on its way to me but there's a problem so i will probably return it.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Mike Navarro

Quote:

Mine is available for $1300 firm

Old 04-19-2013, 08:17 PM
qu@n nguy3n

i saw yours mike, but i'm looking for a sharpie version. thanks.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
yep, want one. would pay the k no problem if the sig is nice and not faded/smudged. don't care new or old sig...certified.

thought i had a deal for this one and it's on its way to me but there's a problem so i will probably return it.
Ok Chad, I'll see if he's interested in selling at all.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:23 AM

Default Jordan

This is mine. I focus on baseball, so this one is available for the right trade. I won't consider selling though. They pop up on eBay quite often, and you should be able to find a nice vintage signature for around $2,000.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:52 AM
qu@n nguy3n

hi jason--yes i did inquire about yours over at the other board , altho i wouldn't be interested in an older sig if it 2x the price.

HOF rookies--lmk thx.

Last edited by chaddurbin; 04-20-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:44 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
I'm not familiar with this specific product, so excuse any ignorance, but there's something I don't understand.

If this was originally released as an unsigned card, what happened to the back? Is the "Congratulations" back a sticker or label that was placed over the original back?
Old 04-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
I'm not familiar with this specific product, so excuse any ignorance, but there's something I don't understand.

If this was originally released as an unsigned card, what happened to the back? Is the "Congratulations" back a sticker or label that was placed over the original back?
Originally an unsigned card. The back is affixed with a tamper evident hologram from UD. That 'back' you see, is not the actual back of the card. It's a separate smaller COA that UD made and affixed the matching sticker that matches the one on the card.

Nothing has changed on the original card except adding a signature, numbering it, and an UD sticker. Then you get the COA to go along with it.

Hope that helps
Old 04-22-2013, 01:11 PM
qu@n nguy3n

backstory: i struck a deal with the seller for this card thursday night after soliciting advices here. friday morning he shipped.

feeling uneasy about buyback in general i called UD to verify the COA. they weren't able to, no big deal it happens. then i started digging around and came upon the image below in worthpoint. you can't click into the auction anymore (maybe they were shut down), but the 2 cards below look to be an exact match to the card i bought, except it didn't have the "1/3".

i also did some googling and could not find the jordan sticker as part of the buyback that year. receiving the card in hand today it seems to me that the signature is embedded with the card, while the "1/3" seems to be above the card's surface . any scientific way to know for sure? of course i've opened up a paypal dispute.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pp.jpg (43.6 KB, 72 views)
Old 04-22-2013, 01:17 PM
qu@n nguy3n

closeup of sig. also the card is really glossy? does the fleer sticker have this much gloss? i was surprised by that for an almost 30 yr old card.

Last edited by chaddurbin; 04-22-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:42 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

That's weird that Worthpoint won't pull up either of the 2 times that particular card was listed. I couldn't get it to open up either, and I've never had that happen with them. Makes me wonder if the original eBay listing was pulled for some reason, but that's purely speculation. I also can't see it well enough in the small thumbnail to be sure that it is the same one.

So looking at the card in hand, look at it under high magnification. You should be able to see the dot pattern that makes up the card image, and it should be pretty obvious when you slide over and look at the sig and 1/3 whether they are written on the surface of the card or part of the printed image. It's going to be pretty much impossible for us to tell from looking at any photos you post here.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 04-22-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:11 PM

Worthpoint leaves a lot to be desired. I see where most of the things I search on that site have not sold in a year and believe me they are not all that obscure.