NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-19-2006, 04:38 AM
Administrator

Default anyone know ebay seller "petecld"

Posted By: pete

I won a "vintage" card last thursday night at 845pm, paid for it on saturday via paypal and still have not received an invoice from him/her or any replies to my emails.
he has great feedback and i cant remember if he had a ton of items that ended that night or not but want some type of notice that i won and have paid for this expensive card.

how long before i should request his info from ebay?

pete-

Old 04-19-2006, 04:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

I'm guessing its Pete Calderon who is very reputable and a member of Network54. I wouldn't worry just yet.

Old 04-19-2006, 04:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Andrew Parks

Yes - it's Pete Calderon. Don't sweat it. He'll make do.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:31 AM
Administrator

thanks! i knew someone here would know him. i'll probably wait out the rest of the week...

Old 04-19-2006, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Koteles

he works for the Mastro auction....he'll be busy til
the auctions is over. Peter is a great guy, no worries !

Old 04-19-2006, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Seth B.

I'll vouch for him, too. I've won several of his auctions off e-bay, and his website www.caramel-cards.com is wonderful. Don't sweat it.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

Pete is a great collector and dealer and is probably busy...odds are your card is already in the mail.

Joshua

Old 04-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: BruceBabcock

Pete is one of the best, rest assured.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I would not fret over Peter, great guy, great knowledge. He msut be busy with something or as mentioned earlier, the card might already be in the mail.

Lee

Old 04-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris

I've purchased from him before too and never had the slightest problem.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard A. Danko

I've had this problem in the past. Ebay suggests allowing 14 days, in case the buyer or seller is on vacation. Good luck. Richard

Richard Danko
summitii@earthlink.net

Old 04-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe

Even if the card is in the mail the seller should make time to send an email. Just common courtesy.

Joe

Old 04-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

Well "Joe," you are right... except the card hasn't been mailed yet and that is why the buyer has not received an email.

I'm not exactly sure who I am addressing here but here goes.....

My auctions ended late Thursday night.

On Friday I sent emails from my personal email account to all buyers who did not already use Paypal. And believe me, I admire their prompt payment. ( I don't use the ebay invoice system - personal choice).

The notice I received said his name was "Mark" and the email ended with "hotmail.com" . The buyer of this card was sent an email on Friday with my address and shipping amounts w/ and w/o insurance to the HOTMAIL address that I was supplied.

On Saturday, I received a notice from Paypal for payment on this card but FROM A DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS which now ended in "charter.net" The same name and address was also included.

Today I received an email, this time from the hotmail account, explaining to me who and where the payment was for which I would, and did, figure out.

Now, someone named "pete" is asking why I haven't responded. I am sorry, I thought I sold a card to "Mark." Yes, I took Sunday (Easter) to spend with friends/loved ones, Monday was the day from H*LL and as soon as Paypal sends the money into my back account (It takes them 3-4 business days) the card will be mailed to you.

So... Mark(?).... Pete(?)... and that's a great name by the way, I see why you use it I am sorry I didn't email you but I don't usually email people when I receive Paypal payment notices (maybe I should), I just your email from today as I just got home a little bit ago (about 10:15PM) and I do send out emails, although I will admit I do forget at times or if it someone I am used to dealing with, when card are shipped. Assuming paypal is on schedule your card should go out on Thursday.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

To all who responded with words of confidence on my behalf....

A heart felt THANK YOU to you all!

Old 04-20-2006, 01:48 AM
Administrator

I am one in the same and do have 2 email accounts one with ebay and one with paypal, which you did figure out, thank you...someone asked before when they noticed that my emails stated mark but i used pete- here on this forum...

so here it goes to everyone that wonders (and those that dont care) when they get my emails... when i am at work (this started several years ago) i tend to demand perfection and i would always tell my people to "repeat" the same work without the mistakes...they started calling me "repeat" at work then over time it just became "pete"...so when trying to figure out a "callsign" here on this forum, since not many use their real names, i decided to use "pete"...so there you have it
maybe this will be a good time to start using Mark since i'll eventually meet some of you guys at the nationals in anaheim and we can avoid confusion

pete, sorry for the confusion with the emails

Old 04-20-2006, 06:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

Could you repeat that?

Old 04-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Kyle

You can add a second email address to your paypal account - and it'd probably clear up any similar problems in the future.

Regards,
Kyle Bicking