NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 08-03-2020, 11:17 AM

Default What would this card grade?

I just purchased this card and was wondering what it would grade with the pin hole in it in the "i" in robinson. Could I only expect to get an "authentic" because of the pin hole or could it be graded as high as a 2? I have no intention of sending it in but was just wondering for my information. it has no creases in it just for clarity. What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1954 Jackie Robinson front & back.jpg (79.7 KB, 90 views)
Old 08-03-2020, 12:15 PM

Default grade

Pin hole usually brings down to PSA 1...see my 1954 Williams..pin hole above the "L" in OUTFIELD.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg williams.jpg (34.9 KB, 78 views)
Old 08-03-2020, 12:15 PM

I think a pin hole is an automatic 1.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:11 PM

Default Don't Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I think a pin hole is an automatic 1.

..Yup -- it doesn't matter if the rest of the card is mint , the pinhole is an automatic " 1 ".....on the bright side you can buy some gorgeous cardboard for very cheap ......

Old 08-03-2020, 03:00 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Used to be that way with PSA, but I believe PSA now updated their grading scale to allow for pinholes to be given GOOD 2 grades. I have seen multiple in the past few years. With the Jackie Robinson only being in VG condition before the pinholes, it might get anywhere between a 1-2 IMO. But it wouldn't get an AUTH unless there was something else wrong with it like recoloring.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.