NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-14-2016, 06:43 PM
Ron V

Default Buy/Sell/Trade problem with member

So yesterday a member had signed baseballs for sale. I messaged him last night saying I would take the Gary Sheffield 96 AS ball for $10. At 9:53 he sent me a message back saying that it was all mine, send payment to his paypal. So today after work I jump on my computer to send him the payment and I get a message from the member saying that the Sheffield ball has been sold in a group lot to another memeber.

Let's just say that I will not be dealing with him anymore. Sorry for the rant!

Thank you,
Ron Vail
Old 07-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastonfalcon19 View Post
So yesterday a member had signed baseballs for sale. I messaged him last night saying I would take the Gary Sheffield 96 AS ball for $10. At 9:53 he sent me a message back saying that it was all mine, send payment to his paypal. So today after work I jump on my computer to send him the payment and I get a message from the member saying that the Sheffield ball has been sold in a group lot to another memeber.

Let's just say that I will not be dealing with him anymore. Sorry for the rant!

Thank you,
Ron Vail
FWIW, the seller is a VERY trusted seller, I don't know the whole story but I've done dozens of deals with him and all was SUPER TOP NOTCH.

Greg
Old 07-14-2016, 06:53 PM
Ron V

Greg, I've bought stuff from him as well in the past and never had an issue.

If I sell an item to somebody and then go and sell that item to someone else, I just don't think that's right but that's just me.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:32 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

That really shouldn't happen. When someone says it's yours it should be yours.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:37 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Ron,
It's an unfortunate situation that should never happen. If someone says its yours, they should follow through with that. Anything else is poor business practice.
Best,
Mark

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 07-15-2016, 05:44 AM
Ben North

That sucks and there seems to be a rash of bad things from board members going on now.

Would like to hear an explanation from the seller as to what happened. 2 of my favorite memorabilia pieces were bought from him. Nothing else will be purchased till I hear a explanation.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:57 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
That really shouldn't happen. When someone says it's yours it should be yours.
+1
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 07-15-2016, 09:40 AM
Tony Quinn

Well, everyone knows it's me so let me explain my side. It was almost 24 hrs before I heard back so I sold to another member who paid immediately. I know the time frame seems fair but here's the deal, on this post alone, I had 3 different members inquire about items and say "I'll take it". After that, I never heard from any of them again. I will not name names or call anyone out as I just move on (not like some, apparently). This is not the only time this has happened, it happens more than I would like. I really can't believe someone started a thread to bitch about a $10 purchase.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:36 AM
Ron V

Tony it's not about the price. I bought from you and other members in the past and never had an issue and will never have an issue paying. So please don't group me with the other people.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:53 AM
N@te

When someone tells me they want an item, I give them a few hrs or so unless there are other arrangements.

I will say this--- I have been burned soooooo many times from ppl saying "I'll take it" and then I never hear from them again and I lose out on other ppl during that time not wanting it anymore. I had to start blocking ppl because some did it multiple times.

Money talks most of the time. It's a $10 ball, just move on....

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl

Last edited by UnVme7; 07-15-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:54 AM
Tony Quinn

Ron, I never said you were a problem with paying but with the rash of instances lately (some with members who I've never had a problem before) I never know what to expect. I'm sorry it happened and I'll try my best to not let it happen again.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:04 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnsryche View Post
I had 3 different members inquire about items and say "I'll take it". After that, I never heard from any of them again. I will not name names or call anyone out...
You should name names. Other sellers have a right to know. As Ben mentioned, there seems to be a lot of bad things with board members lately regarding the BST, and I think other board members have a right to know who these people are so that we can avoid doing business with them.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:06 AM
Ron V

OK I apologize for not paying right away Tony. That won't happen again.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:31 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnVme7 View Post
When someone tells me they want an item, I give them a few hrs or so unless there are other arrangements.

I will say this--- I have been burned soooooo many times from ppl saying "I'll take it" and then I never hear from them again and I lose out on other ppl during that time not wanting it anymore. I had to start blocking ppl because some did it multiple times.

Members should PM me about other members poor BST behavior. While backing out of "a" deal with no one harmed won't be a major issue, doing it multiple times will get them kicked off the BST. But if I never know then nothing can be done. Members who PM me stay private. This all being said, more times than not, there is more than 1 side to a story. But please PM me when someone doesn't follow through and eventually that person won't be here anymore *(if it happens often or more than once in a short period).....
Old 07-15-2016, 12:43 PM
Tony Quinn

Ron, again I apologize. PM me and you can have any $10 ball I have listed free of charge (shipping also on me). Just let me know your shipping info and what ball you want and hopefully I can make this situation a bit more palatable. As far as putting names out there I am not going to do that because there is no harm done. I just ask that if someone wants something and commits, please follow through and I will do the same.
Hopefully this all will put this issue to rest.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:51 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnVme7 View Post

right, money talks. I probably give a little more time if its a $10 item. If i got a guy saying hell take a card for $9500 and i have a backup offer, i not going to wait around with just an 'ill take it' if i dont know have a 'pay by' date...

i would want to know when getting paid by on a high dollar item..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-15-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:48 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Well, everyone knows it's me so let me explain my side. It was almost 24 hrs before I heard back so I sold to another member who paid immediately. I know the time frame seems fair but here's the deal, on this post alone, I had 3 different members inquire about items and say "I'll take it". After that, I never heard from any of them again. I will not name names or call anyone out as I just move on (not like some, apparently). This is not the only time this has happened, it happens more than I would like. I really can't believe someone started a thread to bitch about a $10 purchase.
Thank you for the explanation, it is always good to hear both sides.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:46 PM
Chris

Quote:
Ron, again I apologize. PM me and you can have any $10 ball I have listed free of charge (shipping also on me). Just let me know your shipping info and what ball you want and hopefully I can make this situation a bit more palatable. As far as putting names out there I am not going to do that because there is no harm done. I just ask that if someone wants something and commits, please follow through and I will do the same.
Hopefully this all will put this issue to rest.
You are a class act Tony.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:07 PM
N@te

Tony is pretty stand up with things.

A few years ago I had purchased a handful of signed 8x10's from him that the PO got wet when delivered. It ruined about 4 of the photos. No questions were asked and he apologized and gave me a discount towards a future purchase or gave me a partial refund(don't remember which one). Not something he had to do.

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl
Old 07-15-2016, 07:33 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Tony,
I understand your predicament and can understand your frustration for poor buyers. I have been fortunate and not had anyone back out or disappear after committing, but I sell a lot less than you do.

I think a good way to prevent this is for both buyers and sellers alike to be clear on terms. If a buyers says I'll take and can't pay right away, they should tell the seller when they will with the understanding that if payment isn't made by then, the item is up for grabs. On the flip side, if a seller needs payment right away that should be stated as well.

Glad this got cleared up.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 07-15-2016, 07:58 PM

I have made quite a few purchases with Tony in the past & have found him to be terrific.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 07-15-2016 at 07:59 PM.