NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Default O/T: Pat Neshek, Twins reliever, autograph mensch...

Posted By: Joseph

Minnesota Twins hurler Pat Neshek is a breath of fresh air. He keeps in touch with fans
via a blog, which he actually updates fairly frequently, and fairly honestly. His latest blog entry talks about the travails of a ballplayer whose autograph is in demand:

http://eteamz.active.com/patneshek/index.cfm?

Old 07-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DJ

I know Pat (a little) and he is what is good about the current athlete and baseball. After every game (in the minors), he would sign for half hour and if you brought him autographs for his collection, he would give you free game tickets. He acts like a kid in a candy store when you bring him stuff (especially hockey memorabilia) and is great about signing via the mail.
He is a real cool dude who loves his heavy thrash metal music!

DJ

Old 07-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

My family and I are throwing out the ceremonial first pitch at tonight's Twins game, and sitting in on batting practice. I will pass along your thoughts. I'm sure Pat will appreciate it.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Max Weder

Mike

Pretty cool about the first pitch. I might have missed it in another post, but what is the reason for your first pitch honour tonight?

Max

Old 07-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

At a fundraiser for a Iraqi war veteran. he lost both legs, and a lot of other things in a landmine explosion. he is a local boy who went to high school with my daughter here in the Twin Cities. I figured there was not better place here on this earth, in which my money could go. In exchange for this, we were given this gift. We also get to help with batting practice, and sit in the owners box. But lets keep our veterans in mind each and every day. They are the real heros.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe_G.

Detroit's center fielder, Curtis Granderson, maintains a similar blog on ESPN. His latest entry talks about Neshek and their early Horizon League playing days. The same blog entry also talks about Granderson's fondness of Ken Griffey Jr. and how a fan recently gave him Griffey's rookie card upon receipt of Granderson's autograph. He thanks the fan again in his blog for the exchange. Curtis is very friendly at the ball park and around the community.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=granderson_curtis

Best Regards,
Joe Gonsowski

Old 07-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jared

Curtis used to be roommates with my one of my best friends older brother when he played at University Illinois Chicago, UIC. He was their right fielder and wasn't even the best player on the team. My friends brother was until he blew out all three ligaments in his knee against Ohio State. Curtis would hang out with us when I used to go with my best friend down to Florida for their spring training. We used to watch his brother play and then head to the beach. Curtis was always with us at dinner and lunches and even the beach since his family wasn't able to take the two weeks off. He is really funny and pretty quite. I guess the story goes about him getting noticed by scouts, according to my friends brother, was that he was in right field and ran down a slicing line drive, spun and threw a guy out at home who was tagging with all the scouts in the stands who were there to scout one of their pitchers. I am still to this day surprised he made it so fast to the bigs.