NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Default Did anyone else see the Barbara Walters interview tonite ?

Posted By: Dan Koteles

Her guest was Terri Irwin, the crocidile hunters wife.This was as expected a very sad story. We all have a special someone still here or that has passed that is larger then life to us, he certainly was theirs. The story brought tears to my eyes 3 times knowing the greif that has filled their life now. Really makes you feel how lucky we are to still have someone who loves us still around to embrace.

I was telling this story to Tony Andrea moments ago , and i said ,look at the fun that he gaves his wife and kids always and here we are spending half our day ignoring our families ,so that we can seek our beloved baseball cards. Then ,i said jokingly , still not a bad way to waste our day though, haa?

GO hug your family now they need it.

Good night all
-Dan

Old 09-29-2006, 12:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barry arnold

well said, Dan.
i appreciate very much the depth and insight which you bring to this board.

all the best,

barry

Old 09-29-2006, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tony Andrea

I watched it after speaking with Dan. What a strong woman. To get through that interview the way she did, being that it was so recent since the tragedy just happened was amazing.
Barbara Walters herself even lost it a few times during the interview. We all should be very thankful for what we have.
Regards, Tony Andrea

Old 09-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

about fate. If you're not a believer in fate, you should be after seeing his story. All the times he was messing with much more dangerous animals and then to have a stingray kill him. I read something about an island in the Bahamas or somewhere where they have an inlet that's called stingray cove or something and they've had literally tens of thousands of visitors and no one killed. It would be nice to chose to go out doing what you love although no one would chose to go when he did. Saw a video of his daughter reading something at the funeral. Definitely would have lost it then........

Old 09-29-2006, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

stingray city is off the coast of the grand caymen island.

it's a sand bar that is home to 70ish sounthern stingrays.

it's been around for 150+ years. started as a safe haven for fishing boats, where they could hide from pirates.
the fishermen would clean the fish they had caught and throw the heads and guts into the ocean. the stingrays would get free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. after generations of doing this, the stingrays became "domesticated".

now, it's a tourist thing. i have been to stingray city....very cool experience. you can touch huge stingrays....litterally pick them up and hold out of the water. the stinrays are about twice as big as a big frisbee.

an excursion i would recommend to anyone going to the caymens.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris Bland

I did that once on an excursion for a cruise - have a couple pics of me holding a big ol stingray - they were as docile as could be.