NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-23-2015, 09:09 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,248
Default PSA group sub for bobbyw8469 - PROBLEM!

I have the cards back from PSA!!! Someone didn't follow directions and include their Net54 handle, so I have no idea who these cards belong to, as I can't read their signature on the letter. There are 18 of them! If these are your cards, and you can describe them, PLEASE PM ME!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-23-2015, 09:33 PM
Sean1125 Sean1125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,310
Default

I assume you would have a private message and/or thread in which it was started. Can you use the process of elimination and figure out who it is?
__________________
sean DOT bassik AT gmail DOT com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-24-2015, 04:06 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
I assume you would have a private message and/or thread in which it was started. Can you use the process of elimination and figure out who it is?
LMFAO....if the process of elimination is Leon, then yes, I have used him...thanks so much!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-24-2015, 07:26 AM
Sean1125 Sean1125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
LMFAO....if the process of elimination is Leon, then yes, I have used him...thanks so much!
Would they not have obtained your information via a private message or e-mail? Can you not go back and figure out who it is?
__________________
sean DOT bassik AT gmail DOT com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-24-2015, 10:26 AM
arc2q arc2q is offline
And.rew C0rs0
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Posts: 311
Default

So you're saying someone never communicated with you via email and just mailed you 18 cards with no identifying information and no return address on the envelope? This defies logic.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-24-2015, 10:31 AM
frankbmd's Avatar
frankbmd frankbmd is offline
Fr@nk Burke++
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Between the 1st tee and the 19th hole
Posts: 4,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc2q View Post
So you're saying someone never communicated with you via email and just mailed you 18 cards with no identifying information and no return address on the envelope? This defies logic.

And how would he know where to send them unless he was told.

Your next group sub may be considerably smaller.
__________________
FRANK:BUR:KETT - ALMOST OLD ENOUGH TO BE ON A PREWAR CARD.

519/1000 Monster Number --- WHAT'S YOUR MONSTER NUMBER?

Over*688* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-18.
Over 493 sales with satisfied Board members served.
Thank you all.


All my cards are centered, some are just cut incorrectly.

Only 37.10% crazy based on recent polling data, but still a weird dude.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-24-2015, 10:32 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,248
Default

Not everyone follows the rules on group subs. The main rule that would override all the others is AT BARE MINIMUM, put your net54 handle on the paperwork. That way, when the cards pop, I am able to send a quick PM saying that I have the cards back. The people that do it properly, have their net54 handle, their real name and return shipping address, and a phone number.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-24-2015, 10:51 AM
Mikehealer Mikehealer is offline
MikeHealer
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,703
Default

Sorry for the omission in communication, but I had 18 T214 Ty Cobb's.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-24-2015, 01:14 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc2q View Post
So you're saying someone never communicated with you via email and just mailed you 18 cards with no identifying information and no return address on the envelope? This defies logic.
And how many submitters save all the packages from their submitters when they get them?? I get multiple packages from many different people. Asking the submitter to do extra work is already hard enough. We are doing favors by doing the group subs. That is like taking a bunch of cards and just dumping them on the counter at the USPS post office and saying "Ship these for me" (I've seen this happen so don't laugh). The submitters should follow the rules....they are there for a reason. No, I don't save all the emails....I delete them. I save the slips of paper for a reason. The info should be on there. Period.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-24-2015, 01:17 PM
Sean1125 Sean1125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
And how many submitters save all the packages from their submitters when they get them?? I get multiple packages from many different people. Asking the submitter to do extra work is already hard enough. We are doing favors by doing the group subs. That is like taking a bunch of cards and just dumping them on the counter at the USPS post office and saying "Ship these for me" (I've seen this happen so don't laugh). The submitters should follow the rules....they are there for a reason. No, I don't save all the emails....I delete them. I save the slips of paper for a reason. The info should be on there. Period.
Bobby, you might want to check the "trash" folder in your E-mail then.

I don't think anyone in this thread is asking you to do the work - this is one isolated incident and if you had the e-mails and/or private messages then you wouldn't have had to post this thread and would have been able to figure it out yourself.
__________________
sean DOT bassik AT gmail DOT com
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.


ebay GSB