NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-31-2013, 10:57 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Babe Ruth?

I'm curious what the members here think of this Babe Ruth?

Ruth-Auction.jpg
Old 04-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Brendan Mullen

Once again, no expert whatsoever, BUT I don't like the "e", and it looks like the "u" was done twice (the second part of the "u"). Like it didn't come up high enough, and they added some ink to the top. And the "h" is obviously atypical (but could be that way because it was signed in a hurry). I'd say 80/20 it's not good. For whatever it's worth...
Old 04-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
Once again, no expert whatsoever, BUT I don't like the "e", and it looks like the "u" was done twice (the second part of the "u"). Like it didn't come up high enough, and they added some ink to the top. And the "h" is obviously atypical (but could be that way because it was signed in a hurry). I'd say 80/20 it's not good. For whatever it's worth...
I think Chris already knows the answer
Old 04-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
I think Chris already knows the answer
Of course I do.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:56 PM

More games.
(And before you comment, no, I'm not gonna play.)
Old 04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
M@rk Cl@ry

When a Kurt Cobain thread on a primarily sports autograph forum is the most interesting one, you know we're in trouble.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:41 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
More games.
This is my concern.

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...scott-auction/

My concern about the above Babe Ruth was relayed to Huggins & Scott a week ago.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 04-02-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:46 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
More games.
I didn't think you would.

Didn't you write "Nice pickup. The autograph book looks good" on the below thread.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=162167

As for my "Glass Houses" thread, it was meant for one person. I knew I'd be criticized for it. But it's what I do.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 04-02-2013 at 05:22 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Brock

Does provenience really mean anything now adays useless you could prove it 100% to every detail? You see alot of fake items with provenience or a so called history and then the item is fake. Just talking in general, not referring to this item.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
Does provenience really mean anything now adays useless you could prove it 100% to every detail? You see alot of fake items with provenience or a so called history and then the item is fake. Just talking in general, not referring to this item.
If someone is going to great lengths to fake something, they wouldn't give a second thought to faking the provenance. At the end of the day most provenance comes down to word of mouth and faith in the storyteller anyway.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 04-28-2013, 02:43 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Please take care of that little girl. As a teacher, I can assure you she needs a father figure in her life. Especially one who demonstrates that we all need to stand up and do the right thing every chance we get.

Ken
+1. So very true.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 04-29-2013, 05:05 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Some additional info on a "tell" and the ticket.

http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?p=19877#more-19877
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

Old 04-29-2013, 07:34 AM
Banned

so why is it easy for a guy to show some details about a babe ruth sig but so impossible for others? that wasn't so hard.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:54 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Hey Chris, I'm so saddened for your loss, loss is never easy. Especially for someone who has so much of their life left to live. I recently had a loss of an old high school friend a week ago, and I'm 26 and it's hard to fathom, and you ask yourself why.

I appreciate all you do here, and I help you and your gf's family find happiness and stay strong with your faith.

God Bless
Old 04-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
Hey Chris, I'm so saddened for your loss, loss is never easy. Especially for someone who has so much of their life left to live. I recently had a loss of an old high school friend a week ago, and I'm 26 and it's hard to fathom, and you ask yourself why.

I appreciate all you do here, and I help you and your gf's family find happiness and stay strong with your faith.

God Bless
Thank you, Brent. Very much appreciated.

I also want to "Thank" those who set private messages of condolence and another "Thank you" to those Net54 members who publicly expressed their sympathy. Thank you.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:07 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post

God Bless
Thank you, Brent. I appreciate it.

I again wanted to thank those who posted both public messages of condolence and private messages of condolence.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
so why is it easy for a guy to show some details about a babe ruth sig but so impossible for others? that wasn't so hard.
Travis,

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun here and reading too much into this, but maybe Chris and Nash have been discussing the "Babe Ruth" signed 700th HR ticket.
It dawned on me that Chris might not have revealed the "tells" because of a pre-existing promise to Nash since he had planned on writing about it in his HOS.

Food for thought...

Last edited by Scott Garner; 04-29-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Travis,

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun here and reading too much into this, but maybe Chris and Nash have been discussing the "Babe Ruth" signed 700th HR ticket.
It dawned on me that Chris might not have revealed the "tells" because of a pre-existing promise to Nash since he had planned on writing about it in his HOS.

Food for thought...
You are going to get Chris banned from Heritage if they think he is working with Nash .
Chris and Nash do not discuss anything.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 04-29-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
You are going to get Chris banned from Heritage if they think he is working with Nash .
Oh well, never mind then. Carry on...
Old 04-29-2013, 10:04 AM

The other Ruth signature that Chris presented, allegedly by the "Michigan forger," shows none of Nash's three "tells." They could not be what Chris had in mind.

in another recent HoS column, Nash has presented two "tells" for mid-thirties, rushed, "ballpark" Gehrig signatures. It is a nice piece of work. But I have shown a genuine, correct-period Gehrig which exhibits one of the two. Tells are a guide--they are not ironclad.

Again, to his credit, Nash has presented an hypothesis, which can be tested. In this case I believe he is wrong.

it does not appear to me that the "a" in the ticket signature is "written backwards."

Ruth always doublebacked on the final stroke of the "h." This slight return stroke usually is horizontal, and goes over the left-to-right stroke. Usually, but not always. Nash's "arrowhead formation" appears occasionally in genuine Ruth signatures.

That leaves the short t-cross-stroke. Enough to disqualify the signature? I don't think so.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:11 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Richard is correct.

I have never communicated with Mr. Peter Nash or Mr. Ron Keurajian.

According to Mr. Peter Nash's website, he contacted Huggins & Scott on April 6, 2013.

I posted my Babe Ruth Ticket thread on March 31, 2013. I started the thread a few hours after I read about the auction on the Sports Collectors Daily website.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:54 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
I can't figure it out. No one even replied to him. It appears that he was frustrated that people were trying to authenticate the signature? Did someone edit out what set him off?
I think it was more about nobody really listening to what he was saying about how good these guys (forgers) are and they wanted to keep analyzing the "straight lines"

Last edited by jgmp123; 05-02-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
I think it was more about nobody really listening to what he was saying about how good these guys (forgers) are and they wanted to keep analyzing the "straight lines"
This is truly hilarious. I take you off ignore (out of morbid curiosity), and what do I find?

I still own you

James - I haven't been buying Babe Ruth forgeries...I mean autographs....for 50 years, I don't work for a TPA and I don't have secrets so deep and meaningful that I can't even tell you why I'm 100% certain of my opinions. Many of the experts in this forum don't even read what I write. So how was it so easy to put you in my back pocket?

Why do you love me so much? I'm unavailable - go away.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:25 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Delete

Last edited by jgmp123; 05-02-2013 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Delete
Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Dude...what in the world are you talking about...Seriously, take your meds and go to bed.

Edit: Seriously....ask Leon about the "ignore" button....you may need to call tech support to get that fixed...
Wow, you're back already?

I thought I felt a lump in my pocket. Goodnight James, and good luck to you and Dean with those photo sales.

Last edited by Runscott; 05-02-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:36 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Delete

Last edited by jgmp123; 05-02-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: delete
Old 05-02-2013, 09:29 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Delete

Last edited by jgmp123; 05-02-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Delete
Old 05-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
[/B]

Scott,

The only thing you own is your tiny apartment in downtown Seattle....

Also, I'm 31 and married with 2 children...you're nearly 60....I don't think we'd be a good match
James....you are still doing it. You should spend more time with you family and less on internet 'research'

Okay, back on 'ignore' - you are starting to creep me out.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:37 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Delete

Last edited by jgmp123; 05-02-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Delete