NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #311  
Old 01-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Most Post Offices do not cancel or date the mail. The mail is sent to a sorting facility. In the case of my former PO (I am now retired), the sorting facility was 120 miles away. If I mail a letter on the 8th, it will be postmarked on on the 9th. In this case, the 7th was a Sunday. I would guess the letter was mailed on Fri the 5th or Sat the 6th in order for it to receive a postmark on the 8th. It is possible that it was mailed and postmarked on the 8th, but not likely.

I wonder what date is on the check?

Rick
Well just to continue in OCD mode, the check easily could have been backdated so the postmark is more reliable.
__________________
Buy high, sell low.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-12-2018 at 05:37 PM.
  #312  
Old 01-12-2018, 05:42 PM
slidekellyslide's Avatar
slidekellyslide slidekellyslide is offline
Dan Bretta
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 5,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
But wait just a minite, Dan. In Al's initial response, he said he mailed out the check on Decemver 29th. When you start off with a lie, everything else gets discredited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Last night, a board member emailed me a pic - a pic they said would corroborate Al's story. They asked me not to share it publically. Well, I'm a man of integrity and I haven't shared it publically or privately - not even a description of the pic. I kept it totally to myself. Here's the kicker. The pic that was supposed to corroborate Al's story, actually shreds it to pieces.

Post the damn pic and let's end this.

It's funny how so many people came to Al's defense, but the two that could have confirmed everything - the member that got the 10 cards by mistake and the other member that got the OM and damaged it - well we haven't heard from them at all. Nobody else finds that odd?

Again, post the damn pic.
Tell me in PM exactly how youíre going to ďshredĒ this story. And the only people who find this story odd are you, Orly and Jake. I donít know Orly at all, but you and Jake are two of the biggest Kooks to have ever inhabited N54. So Iím through answering to you if youíre not going to let us in on the conspiracy.
__________________
Looking for Nebraska Indians memorabilia, photos and postcards
  #313  
Old 01-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Most Post Offices do not cancel or date the mail. The mail is sent to a sorting facility. In the case of my former PO (I am now retired), the sorting facility was 120 miles away. If I mail a letter on the 8th, it will be postmarked on on the 9th. In this case, the 7th was a Sunday. I would guess the letter was mailed on Fri the 5th or Sat the 6th in order for it to receive a postmark on the 8th. It is possible that it was mailed and postmarked on the 8th, but not likely.

I wonder what date is on the check?

Rick
In a densely populated area like North Jersey isn't it likely there would be a number of sort facilities in a smaller area, such that there is a reasonable chance a letter mailed on the 8th would get postmarked on the 8th? In any event, it doesn't seem to make sense that a letter mailed on Dec. 29th would not be postmarked until Jan. 8th.
__________________
Buy high, sell low.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-12-2018 at 05:46 PM.
  #314  
Old 01-12-2018, 05:49 PM
vintagetoppsguy's Avatar
vintagetoppsguy vintagetoppsguy is offline
D@v!d J@m3s
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Richmond, TX
Posts: 4,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Tell me in PM exactly how youíre going to ďshredĒ this story. And the only people who find this story odd are you, Orly and Jake. I donít know Orly at all, but you and Jake are two of the biggest Kooks to have ever inhabited N54. So Iím through answering to you if youíre not going to let us in on the conspiracy.
I wasnt going to mention your name, but since you basically just admitted that you're the one that sent me the pic, just post it.
  #315  
Old 01-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Shoeless Moe Shoeless Moe is offline
Paul Gruszka
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Over by there
Posts: 2,638
Default

If no one else is going to say it dammit I will:

AL SHOT JFK!!!!!
  #316  
Old 01-12-2018, 05:57 PM
slidekellyslide's Avatar
slidekellyslide slidekellyslide is offline
Dan Bretta
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 5,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I wasnt going to mention your name, but since you basically just admitted that you're the one that sent me the pic, just post it.
The two people who are involved in that donít want to be involved here in Net54, and since I am an honorable man I would never post ďthe damn picĒ without their permission. Seriously itís a box with dated labels and a tracking number that absolutely 100% corroborates Alís story. The tracking number gives away the hometown of the guy who accidentally received the cards. There is no way itís getting posted and you know that.
__________________
Looking for Nebraska Indians memorabilia, photos and postcards
  #317  
Old 01-12-2018, 06:06 PM
botn botn is offline
Greg Schwartz
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
It's funny how so many people came to Al's defense, but the two that could have confirmed everything - the member that got the 10 cards by mistake and the other member that got the OM and damaged it - well we haven't heard from them at all. Nobody else finds that odd?
I have to agree with David on this one. Al states both are posters here and both innocent so I fail to see any harm in their contribution to this drama. If they have done nothing wrong why not pipe in to set the record straight since it seems every other aspect of this conflict has been put out here.
  #318  
Old 01-12-2018, 06:07 PM
calvindog's Avatar
calvindog calvindog is online now
Jeffrey Lichtman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I donít know Orly at all, but you and Jake are two of the biggest Kooks to have ever inhabited N54.
Peter Chao says hi.
  #319  
Old 01-12-2018, 06:08 PM
calvindog's Avatar
calvindog calvindog is online now
Jeffrey Lichtman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,668
Default

PS: Peter Chao and Orlando are both attorneys. Has anyone seen Orlando and Chao in the same room together?
  #320  
Old 01-12-2018, 06:09 PM
calvindog's Avatar
calvindog calvindog is online now
Jeffrey Lichtman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,668
Default

I didn't think so. And the plot thickens.
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Consigning with LOTG theshleps Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports 4 05-29-2017 10:27 AM
LOTG Contest MVSNYC Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 42 03-11-2015 12:11 PM
LOTG Auction 7nohitter Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 29 01-24-2015 03:00 PM
LOTG vs Goldin: Which will end first bn2cardz Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 7 11-02-2014 07:40 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.


ebay GSB