NonSports Forum
Welcome to These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
ebay GSB

Go Back Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-12-2018, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
The problem is that Ebay does not allow sellers to Neg buyers or they might think twice about leaving a seller Negative Feedback.
Leaving feedback on buyers is incredibly rare. Do sellers or manufacturers get to leave feedback on you on Amazon when you give a product a 1-star review? or leave terrible feedback on a seller? Of course not.

And, really, sellers only have themselves to blame for this. Waaaaaaaay too many sellers were holding feedback hostage and retaliating against people and eventually Ebay had to step in. And they made the right call in doing so.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:04 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Originally Posted by steve B View Post

One thing I've noticed becoming more common with the rise of places like Amazon is a serious lack of patience from pretty much everyone. There are a few patient people, but not as many as before.
Patience is readily learned by doing a bulk submission to PSA
Lonnie Nagel
Old 01-13-2018, 10:55 AM
peasant/forum owner

Originally Posted by greenmonster66 View Post
Would like your thoughts on an Ebay Transaction I recently had. I sold an item a few weeks back. Unfortunately I misplaced the item and looked everywhere for it in my house. Never sold it, just misplaced it. Told buyer and sent him an apology note and fully refunded his $$ asap. Tonight he goes ahead and left me negative feedback. Does this seem fare?
BS move on the part of the buyer.
Leon Luckey
Old 01-13-2018, 11:16 AM
Al Richter

I am strictly a buyer on eBay.

Tabe- I agree with you that until seller retaliatory feedback was eliminated buyers did not give accurate feedback on sellers. But also agree that too many buyers now extort and scam even good sellers with negative feed back. I can only assume this model works best for eBay profits, but recognize it has driven some good sellers off eBay

Nat-- interesting take on sellers leaving responses. I had not viewed that as a negative, depending on the nature and tone of the response

I would not have left negative in this case unless it appeared to be a pattern of conduct or I had specific indication seller was just trying for better price.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:18 AM

Update with Good News. So I left the buyer positive feedback and explained on my feedback what happened. Buyer appreciated me leaving him positive feedback and took the liberty to contact Ebay to remove the negative feedback for me and change it to positive. he also email apologizing with a long sory.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:09 PM

It's cool that they buyer did that. Whether he was warranted in leaving you a negative or not, it sounds like you offered the right kind of positive attitude. I find that strong customer service goes a long way (even when a mistake happens).

When you have thousands of listings, it's easy for something to sell prior to pulling it down from ebay, for example. It happens every so often to me, and i always apologize and offer the buyer something in reciprocity (since they invested their time to look at my item).

Glad it worked out for you. I'm sure a neg is annoying, even if it doesn't affect your ability to gain customers.

Big fan of T206, '33 Goudey, '40 R145 gum Superman, 51-52 Parkies, '52 Topps

Successful transactions buy/sell/trade with: BryanDec, Bounce, Swanstars, PiratesWS1979, unamuzd1, joshchisox08, and others
Old 01-14-2018, 06:05 PM
Bruce M@ttioli

I don't even look at someones feedback score anymore. If the price is right I purchase the item and know that I'm 100 percent protected. Don't sweat it.. But then again it was unfair in my book with your deal..