NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-07-2017, 06:05 PM

Default Help with a Kansas City A's Jacket

Hi everyone, I recently acquired this jacket and wanted to know more about it. The jacket is a vintage jacket for the Kansas City Athletics. My question is that is this a genuine A's jacket or is it a vintage jacket that someone had made into an A's jacket? My concerns are the company is a small company that I can only find made varsity jackets and the inside looks too good, almost like it was re-done recently. Any A's collectors out there able to help me out?

Old 07-07-2017, 06:44 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Does not look right to me. I would say it's a high-quality / barely-used Jacket, made into an Athletics Jacket. I don't like the Elephant Patch or the embroidery.

Also, an Athletics Jacket of this era would more likely have been made by Wilson.

Last edited by perezfan; 07-07-2017 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Added Wilson comment
Old 07-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Mark is definitely more versed on this subject than I, but my 2 cents would be it could be a team jacket. Who wore 14? How big were they? Does the size of the player coincide with the size of the jacket?

Have you googled Athletic photos of players during spring training when it was colder etc?
Old 07-07-2017, 07:06 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE is right in theory.... But don't waste your time researching this one.

It's definitely a re-make, most likely created to deceive. Check out the ebay link below...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-KANSAS-...kAAOSw7ThUqchQ

Identical mass-produced and Modern Patch... just like the one that was sewn to the Jacket in question. Very deceiving, as many would be fooled. It takes years of experience with Jackets and Uniforms to learn what's right and what's not. These Patches were produced by Willabee & Ward in recent years, to commemorate some of the great past uniform styles. Now, scumbag criminals are re-using them for nefarious purposes.

Disgusting

Last edited by perezfan; 07-07-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Jim Murphy

1955 A's logo, a one year one but the tag has a zipcode
Old 07-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Jim Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Mark is definitely more versed on this subject than I, but my 2 cents would be it could be a team jacket. Who wore 14? How big were they? Does the size of the player coincide with the size of the jacket?

Have you googled Athletic photos of players during spring training when it was colder etc?
Look at all tags as a start

Last edited by murphusa; 07-07-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:19 PM

Thanks guys. I was weary from the start based on all the factors previously mentioned. I researched some and saw Wilson mainly made A's jackets, but I wasn't sure if this could be a random year since I have seen random manufacturers on vintage jackets. I was at a flea market and didn't want to let it get away, so I pulled the trigger a little quicker than I normally would have with the little information I could find. I didn't pay too much, so it's not so bad. I'll throw it on eBay as a high quality vintage throwback and see what happens. I know vintage jackets can still get some good money, so maybe I can still come out ahead. If not, oh well. Can't win them all. Thanks again guys.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:11 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Yep... still a very good looking jacket, which someone will most likely purchase to wear (as opposed to display). Comparable Mitchell & Ness Commemorative Jackets tend to go for big money... so you can likely recoup a good chunk of your purchase price on this one.

Sorry the news wasn't better, but not a total loss

Last edited by perezfan; 07-08-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Joe Hunter

Default A's Jacket

Nice jacket but definitely not vintage A's.