NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Phil Garry

Default Heritage Signature Auction

Just received my catalogue in the mail yesterday for the cards portion of the auction as they indicated that the memorabilia section would be coming shortly in a separate catalogue. I must say, a most impressive selection of cards, probably the best I have seen since REA in May.

Just for the record, I am not a consignor in this auction.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Tony N.

Default Heritage

I agree Phil. Great selection of cards - I'm keeping a close watch on 2 lots.

Just for the record - I too, am not a consignor to their auction.

Tony
Old 10-12-2012, 09:13 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Auction season starting up again. Heritage has a great auction, as does Mile High.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Does HA charge for the catalogs?
Old 10-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Peter Calderon

Default Heritage Catalogs

This auction is the largest Heritage Sports Auction to date! There are some great cards from every era, both sports and non-sports, and what I like personally is that many lots are from outside of the hobby sources and are being offered for the first time.

No, you do not have to pay for a catalog. If anyone wants a catalog for this auction just email me at peterc@ha.com with your Net54 ID and your mailing information I will have a catalog sent to you. To keep getting future catalogs all Heritage asks is that you bid $1,000 or more in the auction.

If anyone has any questions about any lot, don't hesitate to email me.

Peter
Old 10-12-2012, 04:32 PM
John Gregory

Could somebody provide a link please?

Thanks
Old 10-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Steven

http://sports.ha.com/?ic=Tab-Home-041408
Old 10-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by petecld View Post
This auction is the largest Heritage Sports Auction to date! There are some great cards from every era, both sports and non-sports, and what I like personally is that many lots are from outside of the hobby sources and are being offered for the first time.

No, you do not have to pay for a catalog. If anyone wants a catalog for this auction just email me at peterc@ha.com with your Net54 ID and your mailing information I will have a catalog sent to you. To keep getting future catalogs all Heritage asks is that you bid $1,000 or more in the auction.

Peter
Email sent Peter, thank you
Old 10-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Great auction. It will be interesting to see how the E98 Black Swamp cards will do. Beautiful cards and I hope to pick up at least one somewhere down the line.

Last edited by Leon; 10-14-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:45 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Amazing looking auction!
Old 10-15-2012, 03:13 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:

Peter
Email sent, thanks Peter!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:08 AM
pete ullman

i haven't received my catalog yet...is this viewable online? I can't seem to find it?
Old 10-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Barry Arnold

Default heritage

I am eager to get this catalogue!!!
I'm sure the E98s will keep me occupied for days!
all the best,
barry
Old 10-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Peter Calderon

Default Heritage Auction

Just wanted to thank everyone who requested a catalog. Good luck to all. Catalogs should have arrived last week but someone who asked for one here just got their copy today so hopefully all will arive shortly if they haven't already.

Bidding for card lots ends on October 25 at 10pm then a 30-minute clock starts. Use this link to get to the main page of the auction.

If anyone has a question about a lot please email at peterc@ha.com beforehand with lot number(s). This way I can have the cards pulled and ready to assist.

Peter
Old 10-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Just wanted to thank everyone who requested a catalog. Good luck to all. Catalogs should have arrived last week but someone who asked for one here just got their copy today so hopefully all will arive shortly if they haven't already.

Bidding for card lots ends on October 25 at 10pm then a 30-minute clock starts. Use this link to get to the main page of the auction.

If anyone has a question about a lot please email at peterc@ha.com beforehand with lot number(s). This way I can have the cards pulled and ready to assist.

Peter
Very professional!! I emailed a few days ago, Peter contacted me and stated he would get a catalog out in the mail to me, and received a tracking number for it to be here tomorrow. 6 pounds though, some children being born don't weigh that much
Old 10-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Peter is a very good guy. Met him for a consignment once, he went out of his way. I do appreciate the good guys in the business.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Thanks Peter, what a catalogue..amazing auction.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:54 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Last edited by Pat R; 03-04-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:40 PM
pete ullman

Pete...thanks! I got an email with a FedEx tracking number from heritage.. and I thought shit...what did I buy... was I drinking and bidding again???

Nope just the catalog! That autographed Cobb dietsche fielding postcard is unbelievable!!!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Jake

Got the catalog yesterday.

Thanks a lot.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

Pete is definitely a top notch guy and an asset to this hobby. Keep up the good work.

Lee
Old 10-21-2012, 11:13 PM
J@son M1ller

Just wondering if the house is still bidding in this auction or if Heritage has stopped this practice?

I appreciate timely sending of catalogs as much as the next guy but c'mon, how about if I don't get bid up by the house?

Small request. Hopefully it will be taken seriously.

Last edited by Jaybird; 10-21-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:00 AM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
Just wondering if the house is still bidding in this auction or if Heritage has stopped this practice?

I appreciate timely sending of catalogs as much as the next guy but c'mon, how about if I don't get bid up by the house?

Small request. Hopefully it will be taken seriously.
21. The Auctioneer, its affiliates, or their employees consign items to be sold in the Auction, and may bid on those lots or any other lots. Auctioneer or affiliates expressly reserve the right to modify any such bids at any time prior to the hammer based upon data made known to the Auctioneer or its affiliates. The Auctioneer may extend advances, guarantees, or loans to certain consignors.

http://sports.ha.com/c/ref/faq.zx?ic=Tab-FAQ-041408
Old 10-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Got my catalogue(s) over the weekend, all I can say is WOW! Looks amazing!! Don't think I'll be bidding on anything, well I am but not expecting to win lol, but can't wait to see the action on some of these lots.

Thanks again Peter
Old 10-22-2012, 09:21 AM
David Ros.enberg

I am convinced Heritage utilizes 'Rule 21' or why would anyone want this in the fine print. Even the possibility makes me feel dirty. is this even legal? Hopefully one day soon we find out. For this reason and others, my bids placed with Heritage are 1/2x. If others followed suit, maybe we could actually get some deals with HA...assuming the lots are not house or employee owned. Rule #21 is by far the most opportunistic rule in the auction universe. Personally, I would never work for a company that has such a philosophy and feels it's OK.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:01 AM
J@son M1ller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR View Post
I am convinced Heritage utilizes 'Rule 21' or why would anyone want this in the fine print. Even the possibility makes me feel dirty. is this even legal? Hopefully one day soon we find out. For this reason and others, my bids placed with Heritage are 1/2x. If others followed suit, maybe we could actually get some deals with HA...assuming the lots are not house or employee owned. Rule #21 is by far the most opportunistic rule in the auction universe. Personally, I would never work for a company that has such a philosophy and feels it's OK.
They have already stated that they use it. The possibility is more than a possibility. It is confirmed.

Their explanation is that they do it only in certain timeframes. But they do not disclose the lots in which they have placed bids. The buyer is left guessing whether they are being bid up by the house or by another bidder. Draw your own conclusions as to why this is not the greatest practice for the buyer.

It is accepted practice in some other auction areas. Heritage is a big business and doesn't want to make the change for just this little portion of their business. In other words, they don't care. I mean the business side, not the individuals. I'm sure Peter and others at Heritage are fine people but if their business practices are not ethical, does it matter how great they are?
Old 10-22-2012, 11:10 AM
M@rk Cl@ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
They have already stated that they use it. The possibility is more than a possibility. It is confirmed.

Their explanation is that they do it only in certain timeframes. But they do not disclose the lots in which they have placed bids. The buyer is left guessing whether they are being bid up by the house or by another bidder. Draw your own conclusions as to why this is not the greatest practice for the buyer.

It is accepted practice in some other auction areas. Heritage is a big business and doesn't want to make the change for just this little portion of their business. In other words, they don't care. I mean the business side, not the individuals. I'm sure Peter and others at Heritage are fine people but if their business practices are not ethical, does it matter how great they are?
I noticed in a recent auction that there was an asterisk stating that the current bid was from the owner of the lot
Old 10-22-2012, 11:14 AM
David Ros.enberg

Rule 21 should be eliminated / modified, since what is being conveyed publicly is contrary to the fine print :-o One should not be left to speculate in 2012/13 if the legally binding terms of service are accurate while competitors are / have been investigated and facing criminal prosecution (innocent until proven guilty). Maybe this is the wrong forum / thread to voice my opinion but hope others express displeasure and confusion for HA Rule 21 for Sports directly to Heritage's C-Level employees. Good day.

Executive emails:
http://www.ha.com/common/about.php?target=ivy
http://www.ha.com/common/about.php?target=halperin
http://www.ha.com/common/about.php?target=rohan
http://www.ha.com/common/about.php?target=imhof
http://www.ha.com/common/about.php?target=minshull
Old 10-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR View Post
Rule 21 should be eliminated / modified, since what is being conveyed publicly is contrary to the fine print :-o One should not be left to speculate in 2012/13 if the legally binding terms of service are accurate while competitors are / have been investigated and facing criminal prosecution (innocent until proven guilty). Maybe this is the wrong forum / thread to voice my opinion but hope others express displeasure and confusion for HA Rule 21 for Sports directly to Heritage's C-Level employees. Good day.

Executive emails:
http://www.ha.com/common/about.php?target=ivy
http://www.ha.com/common/about.php?target=halperin
http://www.ha.com/common/about.php?target=rohan
http://www.ha.com/common/about.php?target=imhof
http://www.ha.com/common/about.php?target=minshull
Careful David...