NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-27-2016, 02:55 PM
De.rek Gre.nce

Default Nolan Ryan Foundation/Johnny Bench Enterprises Experiences

Anybody have any good/bad/ugly experiences with getting autographs from the Nolan Ryan Foundation or Johnny Bench Enterprises? Are they both legit? Thinking about getting a couple cards signed through each… Thanks!!
Old 08-27-2016, 03:01 PM
Mike Navarro

Nolan Ryan Foundation has always been top notch with my stuff. My understanding though is that well is about to dry up and if you don't have item to them by late September that you will not get them done. Just call and ask to be sure. If you are an impatient person, they won't be your favorite to deal with. However, if you are cool with just shipping your item off, are not impatient, and will be happy when it just magically shows up one day with a beautiful sig, then they are good for you.

Mike
Old 08-27-2016, 03:14 PM
Chris

I sent a card to the Nolan Ryan Foundation. It took about 6 months to get it back, but they were responsive to any inquiries along the way and Nolan Ryan provided a perfect signature in the absolute right spot on the item. I'll second what Mike says about patience, but it was well worth the wait to have one of my idols sign my dream cards.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:59 PM

Ryan is a pro when it comes to signing.
The Nolan Ryan Foundation is excellent to work with.
I know them very well and can absolutely recommend them.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:01 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

I love the Ryan Foundation, but Mike is correct. Nolan is not signing anything postmarked after September 30th!!

I called last week and confirmed this...so if you want something unique signed, now is the time to do it.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:24 PM

Actually, I'll share an update:
I spoke with my friends at The Nolan Ryan Foundation yesterday and I heard something different. The two gals that manage all of the signings for the Foundation are retiring and they are moving the operation from Alvin down to Round Rock, TX where Nolan and his family live.

FYI, Nolan and his wife Ruth moved to Round Rock a number of years ago to be closer to their grandchildren.

There will be a transition period, but Nolan is still committed to continuing to sign items which supports Alvin Community College.

I plan on sending two items in to be signed before September 30th. These will all be signed and returned before Christmas...
Old 08-27-2016, 07:11 PM
De.rek Gre.nce

Sweet, thanks everybody for the solid info!! Andrew, I actually saw you post that he wasn't go sign through the foundation anymore in another thread, which made me hurry up and get it done, so thanks for that! 👍🏼👍🏼
Old 08-27-2016, 07:12 PM
De.rek Gre.nce

Oh interesting Scott... That's some good news as that turnaround time beats the heck out of the 16-20 week quote on the website!
Old 08-27-2016, 10:25 PM

Good experience with the Ryan Foundation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2016, 08:02 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Actually, I'll share an update:
I spoke with my friends at The Nolan Ryan Foundation yesterday and I heard something different. The two gals that manage all of the signings for the Foundation are retiring and they are moving the operation from Alvin down to Round Rock, TX where Nolan and his family live.

FYI, Nolan and his wife Ruth moved to Round Rock a number of years ago to be closer to their grandchildren.

There will be a transition period, but Nolan is still committed to continuing to sign items which supports Alvin Community College.

I plan on sending two items in to be signed before September 30th. These will all be signed and returned before Christmas...
Scott,
Is Judy Blunk still there? I used to talk to her all the time in the late 90's.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
Scott,
Is Judy Blunk still there? I used to talk to her all the time in the late 90's.
Hi Andrew,
Yes, Judy Blunk is indeed still there and is one of the two gals that I mentioned is retiring.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:06 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Hi Andrew,
Yes, Judy Blunk is indeed still there and is one of the two gals that I mentioned is retiring.
Roger that. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2016, 06:12 PM
Robert C. Taylor

I have dealt with both & they are both great to deal with. As stated with Nolan Ryan it can be up to 4-6 months before you get your items returned.
Bench is also good to work with. His son Bobby runs the website & will quickly return any e-mail questions that you send to him. Bench can also take a couple months to get your items back, it all depends on his travel / show appearances schedule.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:59 PM
Steven Finley

Wait... So it is confirmed Ryan's paid signings will continue after next month, there will just be a transition period? I was just about to post a fairly large stack (sets I've been working, sets I just started, sets I think I might start, etc.) If this is true I'll scale it back drastically.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
Wait... So it is confirmed Ryan's paid signings will continue after next month, there will just be a transition period? I was just about to post a fairly large stack (sets I've been working, sets I just started, sets I think I might start, etc.) If this is true I'll scale it back drastically.
Steven,
This is what I was told, and I know these folks well.
My personal approach is that I plan to send in my last two items that I want to get signed now, not wait.
As mentioned, there will be a transition period before the new operation starts up. Mr. Ryan is 69 years old...
Old 08-31-2016, 10:38 PM
Robert C. Taylor

But the big question is will the prices remain the same or will we see an increase once they start back up?
Old 09-01-2016, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctaylor View Post
But the big question is will the prices remain the same or will we see an increase once they start back up?
Absolutely! That is an excellent question and there is no way to know...
At 69, Mr. Ryan's health and his unknown ability to sign/prioritize signing may be a consideration in the future. I hate to think that way, but it's a reality.

Mr. Ryan has always allowed his fans a way to get their items signed through the foundation at what IMHO is a genuine bargain. He's a pro, always laying down a quality, legible signature. The money benefits Alvin Community College. Compared to the current athletes, whose signatures are illegible at prices hovering around $100, it's a no-brainer.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 09-01-2016 at 03:24 AM.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:54 AM
edward broeth

awesome i have 2 rookie cards to send Ryans way!!!

looking for 1952 topps high series commons
Old 09-04-2016, 06:34 AM
J!m.b0n0v!ch

Hey guys, for months I've been intending to send a card out to the Nolan Ryan Foundation for his sig but have kept putting it off. Thanks to this thread I will be getting one in the mail on Tuesday!

One question I have pertains to shipping: Do I really need to tack on $7 to the $35 autograph fee for return shipping??? Or can I just include an SASE? What has been your experience if you've sent items off to him?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Old 09-04-2016, 08:29 AM

They have been great to honor SASEs in the past.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:33 AM

I sent a HOF postcard to the Ryan Foundation a few years back and got my item signed. So it worked for me.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:51 AM
J!m.b0n0v!ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCox3 View Post
They have been great to honor SASEs in the past.
Great to hear. Thank you!
Old 09-06-2016, 03:28 PM
Eric Nelson

Default Nolan Ryan

Same as the consensus here with Ryan Foundation. Took about four months to get my check cashed, then another two-plus to get my items but they came and they were signed perfectly--with obvious care. So...a winner to me!
Old 11-19-2016, 10:43 AM
J!m.b0n0v!ch

Well, my check cleared on November 15th! I mailed it out with a '91 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes card (I think...) back on September 6th. Hope to get the card back soon! All in all, I don't think that would be a bad turnaround at all!
Old 11-19-2016, 10:44 AM
J!m.b0n0v!ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctaylor View Post
It appears he has a new site up and it looks like the prices have stayed the same. (At least for a card it is still $35.)
Old 11-19-2016, 03:54 PM
De.rek Gre.nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCPA View Post
Well, my check cleared on November 15th! I mailed it out with a '91 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes card (I think...) back on September 6th. Hope to get the card back soon! All in all, I don't think that would be a bad turnaround at all!
Mine cleared on the 14th! So it seems we're on the final lap! Hoping to get it back before Christmas...
Old 11-19-2016, 03:55 PM
J!m.b0n0v!ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeg23 View Post
Mine cleared on the 14th! So it seems we're on the final lap! Hoping to get it back before Christmas...

Fingers crossed! It didn't show today.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:19 AM
+0m J()rd@N

Default Nolan Ryan Foundation..

I just sent them two cards (and a check) on 9/3 and got them back on 11/14. Nice signatures and they put small holograms on the back of the cards. Very pleased with the service.
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)
Old 11-20-2016, 03:08 PM
De.rek Gre.nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
I just sent them two cards (and a check) on 9/3 and got them back on 11/14. Nice signatures and they put small holograms on the back of the cards. Very pleased with the service.
Wow, that's a heck of a turnaround! Just curious, when did they cash your check?
Old 11-28-2016, 08:27 PM
+0m J()rd@N

Sorry, but I used an account that i don't have electronic access to and I don't have the paper statement. Can't give you a date. I'll check the next monthly statement and see if it is on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeg23 View Post
Wow, that's a heck of a turnaround! Just curious, when did they cash your check?
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)
Old 11-30-2016, 07:36 PM
De.rek Gre.nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
Sorry, but I used an account that i don't have electronic access to and I don't have the paper statement. Can't give you a date. I'll check the next monthly statement and see if it is on there.
No worries, I was just wondering to get a time frame of when I might get my card back but it ended up coming a few days later so all is good! 👍🏼
Old 12-06-2016, 10:03 AM

Default Just back from the Nolan Ryan Foundation

I sent in these two items for Nolan's signature and one with inscription in September and just received them back yesterday:

- Game used dugout lineup card to Nolan's 324th and final career win
- City of Alvin, TX (hometown of Alvin's favorite son Nolan Ryan) Mayoral Proclamation celebrating Nolan Ryan Hall of Fame Day in Alvin on July, 25th, 1999. This coincided with Nolan's actual HOF induction into Cooperstown.

I think they turned out great!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 12-06-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:55 AM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

Just to give everybody an update regarding the Nolan Ryan foundation. I have a few collector friends on another board that recently received damaged items back from the foundation. These items were high dollar items. In the past, the ladies at the foundation office in Alvin were accommodating when mistakes were made or items damaged. Unfortunately, the foundation has officially moved to Round Rock and the person in charge has changed. From what I have been told, they are now unresponsive to emails or phone calls and do not take responsibility for sending back damaged items. When I mean damaged items, it was not damaged by the post office, but was clearly damaged by somebody in their office. Please keep this in mind before you send anything of high dollar value to the foundation. Just FYI.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:19 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Now this is depressing to hear. Judy always did a great job, I never received anything back damaged.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:05 PM
De.rek Gre.nce

That's interesting to hear... I sent his RC that was an SGC EX back in September, and I can't remember exactly how bad it was right now, but I knew it wasn't in as good of condition as when I sent it!
Old 01-10-2017, 04:19 PM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

I had a ticket stub returned with a bent corner. Somebody on another board had a large print returned with a tear in the back and they tried to put tape over it.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:54 AM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

The foundation just added this to their website. I guess they are receiving lots of complaints.

"DISCLAIMER FOR SENDING PERSONAL ITEMS
THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL LOSS, DAMAGE, OR UNSATISFACTORY RETURNED ITEMS RESTS WITH YOU AS THE SENDER.
The Nolan Ryan Foundation will do its best to honor requests but ultimately the decision for size, color and location of signature, stats and hologram rests with Nolan Ryan Foundation. The Foundation will take all actions necessary to ensure personal items are kept safe and returned in the same condition in which they were received but all risk is assumed by the sender of personal items."
Old 01-27-2017, 08:32 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
The foundation just added this to their website. I guess they are receiving lots of complaints.

"DISCLAIMER FOR SENDING PERSONAL ITEMS

THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL LOSS, DAMAGE, OR UNSATISFACTORY RETURNED ITEMS RESTS WITH YOU AS THE SENDER.

The Nolan Ryan Foundation will do its best to honor requests but ultimately the decision for size, color and location of signature, stats and hologram rests with Nolan Ryan Foundation. The Foundation will take all actions necessary to ensure personal items are kept safe and returned in the same condition in which they were received but all risk is assumed by the sender of personal items."

I'm glad I got this done a few years ago...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:37 AM
Andy Sargent

I believe the Nolan Ryan Foundation just increased their prices as well. It is now $60 for a trading card. Glad I got in when I did.

Andy