NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Marvin J.

Default Displaying my T-206's (my little project)

Hi all - wanted to share a little project that I had been working on in regards to displaying my 206's. Since I'm relatively new into collecting pre-war, I started off buying a few beaters to take a look at what they felt and looked like up close. Collecting a few beaters, I hated the idea of just pawning them off (I have a partial, higher end collection going, but I'm a collector, so I won't ever dump anything I buy lol )

Anyway, I took a few of my beaters and found the perfect frame from them

(Excuse the Jackie Robinson Old Gold Cigarettes ad - which I actually found amongst a stack of old postcards located in an antique shop in Berkeley, CA and purchased it for the princely sum of $2. I couldn't find a card that would fit that area other than an Exhibit, but even then, it wouldn't fit very well).

The frame above cost about $30 and I took some of my beaters and showed the front side, then took the rest of my beaters and showed the different card backs (Pied, Cap, Sov, etc).

The frame above cost about $24 and I used it to display some of the graded stuff that I have.

I found both at Target

If you all have your cards displayed, would you mind showing some off? - would love to see how they proudly displayed (and they make the best conversation pieces ever!)

PS - Of course, I'm sure most of ya'll keep your uber high-end stuff in a safe (I know I would) - but I figured a lot of stuff floating out there for $50 to $100 would be better off shown then hidden away in a drawer somewhere
Old 08-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Britt

Marvin,

Those look great! Did you cut the mats to fit the cards/slabs, or did those particular frames come with pre-cut areas?
Old 08-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Barry Arnold

Default T206

great looking stuff and quite creative!!!
my t206s are in safes but have framed 30 or so 'types' in my office and love the ambience.

congrats

best,
barry
Old 08-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Bob.T*th

Default Nice Display

Marvin,

Those are nice. What did you use around the slabs? It must be thick enough to contain the slabs? I've never framed anything. (Obviously). Is it some kind of foam sheet which holds the slabs snug?
Old 08-26-2009, 05:43 AM
Chris / prewarprints.com

Those look great! Nicely done.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Jon Canfield

Marvin,

What about putting an encapsulated T206 in the spot of the Jackie postcard?

- Jon
Old 08-26-2009, 07:21 AM
Marvin J.

Hi guys - the great thing about those Target frames is that the areas were cut out already - so when I saw the frame for the first time, I just knew they would hold the cards pretty well - which they did. The area for the cards are just a little bit bigger than the cards, but thats ok as it gives them room to "breath" hehehe

Jon, I was going to try to put a slabbed card in the first frame pic problem is the thickness of the plastics - it would have separated the paper cutouts and the front plastic of the frame too much, which would cause the 206's to slide right out of the cut-out portion of the frame. Did that make sense? lol
Old 08-26-2009, 07:35 AM
Steve Murray

Target also has these frames and SGC slabs fit in great:

Old 08-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Dale Hennessey

i had to buy small velcro tabs and put them on backs of the cards to keep them from sliding around the openings. plus had to knotch the back board out some to ease the pressure on the front glass. however after all that they turned out well
Old 08-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Dynarl Broughman

Default Display case for my T 206 SL

My wife found this display case in a resale shop for me and it looks great with my T 206 SL cards. It is three sided with 16 cards per side with a total of 48. It locks with a key and swivels for easy access. The only problem is my 2 year old Granddaughter likes to see it spin but that is ok with Pa Pa. D.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T 206 SL 009.jpg (29.7 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg T 206 SL 010.jpg (26.4 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg T 206 SL 011.jpg (31.4 KB, 175 views)

Last edited by D. Broughman; 08-26-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Better pictures
Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

D, Toss her in the clothes dryer and show her what it's like. Kids, jeesh.

These displays look great.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Joe P.

Default Hey guys .....

Great displays.

They look beautiful!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Brad

Default My office wall

Hi guys-
I'm fairly new to the board. Just wanted to say hello, and offer a different take on displaying your collection.

I did this in my office a work a few years ago and it's been a big hit. People who come in my office, or just those passing by, often comment on them and it leads to some great discussion.

I pulled out about a dozen of my favorite sports cards and scanned them, then sent them to a local printer. He put the images on foam board and placed a hang cord on the back for easy display. Each "card" measures roughly 12 x 18 inches and they are light as a feather. The whole project cost me about $120 (about $10 per card) and it's a lot safer than keeping valuable cards on display in your workplace.

It really makes the cards look like artwork. Sorry for the poor photos - just quickly used the camera on my phone.

Thanks,
Brad

PS - Have been on the site for a few months and love all the great insite and information that is available. Keep up the good work!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Office wall - other angle.jpg (40.9 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg McGraw card - resize.jpg (76.6 KB, 119 views)
Old 08-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Steve Murray

Some post war displays. I card from each team. 52 Bowman. 53 Bowman Color. 53 Topps. White Sox and Cubs 59 Topps team sets. Sorry about the poor focus.