NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-02-2017, 04:26 PM
Tim
Tim Kra.ska

Default Fire Proof Display Case or Frames - any good looking ones out there?

I am looking for a fire proof display case or frame to put some super valuable cards in and hang on my wall.

I would like to display them but they are too valuable to risk fire.

Does anyone know of a site or person that makes such a thing?
  • Needs to be resistant to home fires (1500 F)
  • UV blocking
  • Glass on both side so the cards can still be viewed
  • Have attractive design so they look good on wall
  • Any Price
  • Fits PSA enclosed cards or non-PSA enclosed cards (either is fine)

All types welcome - this is just the beginning of my search.

Last edited by timkb; 04-02-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:23 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I don't remember anyone putting fire proof cases on their wall. I think that is the kicker here. I made 300 dpi scans of some cards then printed them out and framed them to use as wall/case displayed cards. I left the expensive cards in my safe deposit box. Otherwise I have a 1200lb fire resistant Jewelers safe at home but I don't think it would hang on my wall very well.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Tim
Tim Kra.ska

Thanks for weighing in, I am considering making some but wanted to see if there was already people doing this. Sounds like there may be some interest.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Joe M.

Been collecting since the 1970's, have never come across any. You might check with some museums, that would be the only place I can think of.

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 04-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Kyle May

Check this site out. Haven't dug into this much, but my sister showed it to me a while ago. She works for a couple museums and is an archival or curatorial major in college (I think).

http://www.gaylord.com/

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 04-04-2017, 06:26 AM
Steven

All my walls are filled with custom frames, museum quality glass and all that jazz...never heard of a fire proof frames though.

You gotta keep in mind though, the fire rating is kinda misleading. If that frame warmed up to a couple hundred degrees the plastic will just melt and destroy everything anyways...plus most of the damage from a fire is from the water used to put it out. House fires typically burn between 1500-2000 degrees depending on building material. I finally decided to insure everything and just enjoy what I got and hang 'em up.

Good luck and keep us posted.