NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Default Please keep an eye out for my stolen cards.

Posted By: Todd Schultz

It happened to me again in April--burglary. I really don't want to rehash the events, and I know I should have been more careful. Fact is though, it still hurts quite a bit--especially the OJ Harry Wright my mom found at an antiques auction 35+ years ago, when I didn't know Harry from Orville or Wilbur.

I thought with the National coming up in SoCal, and me living in Phoenix, there was a shot my cards would surface there if the schmegheads who stole them looked to sell. I know the national is massive, and not really a time for anyone to have my back, but some of these cards are distinctive, and if you happen upon any of them, I would greatly appreciate a call--I will provide my contact info to Adam Warshaw as per a thread I saw elsewhere. Thanks.

The cards, at least most of the pre-war ones, can be seen at the following link:

http://imageevent.com/imoverhere/stolen

Old 07-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Todd,

I'm an OJ nut (as there are a few of us out there). The Harry Wright is beautiful, one of the better images for a Wright that I've seen. That is a very distinct card and I would think that anyone that is an avid collector could identify it that card rather quickly. I hope you get the card back and I hope the culprit(s) get what is deserved. I'll be keeping an eye out for that card.

Best,

Fred

Old 07-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul Stratton

Todd, I'm in Phoenix and I will keep my eyes and ears open.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I had my cards stolen a few years ago. The toughest part was having to question (in my mind) people I though I could trust. I'll keep an eye out. I actually do collect the Famous & Barr cards. Was the Walker the only Famous & Barr taken?
Good Luck,
Scott.

Old 07-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

Todd, it sucks to have this happen to anyone, but you're as good a guy as there is in the hobby, so it sucks even more to have it happen to you.

My eyes are peeled. I hope you get 'em back, and they get the guy who did it.

-Al

Old 07-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Todd- that is horrible. I am wondering in light of this crime, if anyone knows if Ben was ever successful in recovering any or all of his cards which were stolen north of the border?
We have had a lot of threads in the past few months about the pros and cons of having your cards in safe deposit boxes and a tragedy like this makes me glad I use the bank for my sets.
Hope something turns up Todd.
Bob

Old 07-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd Schultz

I appreciate it. I luckily recovered most of the pre-war last time, which I consider a real longshot. A m101-4 in PSA 8 and a Boston Store Marquard were actually listed on e-bay. I found the seller's address and had law enforcement knock on the door for those. A routine traffic stop with some outstanding warrants, combined with a detective who happened to have seen my burglary report, all combined to help me recover most of the rest, although dozens of graded hockey cards from the 60's were never seen again. This time, a couple hundred '65 Topps in at least nm+ were taken also--way too fungible to identify.

Yes, I concur the Wright is beautiful, and would stand out if you saw it.

Scott, other Famous & Barrs were grabbed too---Baird, Bender and Cicotte.

Thanks again guys, stories like mine come up few and far between in the future.

Old 07-23-2006, 01:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich Mueller

Todd,

On my site, SportsCollectorsDaily.com, I just linked to a newspaper story about a similar burglary that happened in New Jersey. If you'd like, I'd be happy to post your loss as well along with a link to the images of your cards. It certainly doesn't hurt to have the word out to as many people as possible. I would like you to provide at least a couple of details about where/when/how they were stolen just so I have something to include with the story.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brad Green

Todd:

I will keep my eyes out for your Double Play Grove/Doerr. It has a distinct mark on the back that should help identify it, in the event that it's removed from its slab.

Brad