NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Default T204- Ramly blank fronts

Posted By: leon

Has anyone seen very many blank fronts, or "any" of these before? I think someone told me they had one or some.... If I am not mistaking (and I am sure I will be corrected if I am) Ramly's were made in 2 pieces, a front and a back then glued? together. Maybe this back just never got a front? Ironically, this came from the Tobeeecat collection . The others were just in the scan... regards

Old 10-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob C

Leon,
Ramlys were manufactured in two pieces and glued together. I had one once that was split just about in half. Gotta watch out for thickness on "blank back" offerings. Your's is pretty cool.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

An issue of the Old Judge (you should have them tomorrow) shows one where the front has a matte finish and the back is glossy, but the one you picture just looks like the front was peeled off. You can still see the embossing and that black mark makes it look suspect. It would be easier to tell if I were holding it.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott brockelman

It appears this in the back 1/2 of a 2 part Ramly.

Contrary to an earlier post, very few of the Ramlys you will find are 2 parts, most are 1 piece. the 2 part was an early production, they will normally show some misalignment and i have seen 1 upside down back. The true blank backs occur only on the 6 players also seen with square frames, the others that i have examined blank backed appear to be soaked in half.

The "reverse glossy" Barry referred to are a result of the sheet being fed upside down.

Scott

Old 10-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Just so you know the black spot is a hole....on these kind of things you can't be picky . I doubt it will make any "high grade" card lists....or high grade "half-card" lists...

Old 10-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Campbell

I have a Jimmy Collins that split in half, and made two wonderful halves. When piled on top of each other, the card might grade a 3 or 4. But alas, it never will. The glue that binds the two halves, sometimes just deteriorates, and breaks down. Has nothing to do with moisture, or mistreatment. I can never get rid of it, so It will remain with me for life. Nice looking card when pressed between two plastic slabs.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob C

Scott I can only defer to your contrariness. I’ve handled hundreds of Ramlys and have seen two, Unglaub and Collins, split in this fashion. Based upon that, my take was they were all put together that way.
So where are the commons you were going to find for me in return for the swinging deal I gave you on the Burkett & the Square Frame at the National this year?

Old 10-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan Long

I would be more than happy to take it off your hands. Let me know if you want to part with it.