NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-03-2005, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Default Most common forged Mantle on ebay

Posted By: shelly

This is by far the most forged Mantle being sold on ebay. Don't forget it has hologram so it must be real.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27265&item=5162507848&rd=1

Old 02-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jackgoodman

compared to ones I've received in person. Any other opinions?

Old 02-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

Jack,i thought it looked good too,maybe because it looks like mine(which could be a fake)---but this does not have the "if they say it's real,it's real" stamp of GENUINE from psa/dna? the first m in mickey looks a little weird--mantle signed more auto's than anyone in the history of the world and always gave a good effort.

Old 02-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Billy

Yep thats a fake.

added, The sig looks bad, plus no way that ball can be that white from 10 years ago. I have a Mantle I got signed in person at a show, and the bobby brown ball it is signed on already has a slight discoloration to it. No doubt this one is a fraud.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Simon

Like that Ruth-Gehrig ball that was discussed on this board recently, I bid 25 cents. And don't top my bid please . I like to pay 25 cents for these kind of autographs.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Old 02-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: J.McMurry

WOW! a COA from My Favorite Player,Inc.,with matching holograms!!!!!! You know its gotta be real! If my eyes don't deceive me,I believe the ball itself is a cheapo unofficial, "rubber cover" type. Can't see anybody shelling out Mantle's fee to get that thing signed. Richard, I believe you overbid by $0.24, tsk,tsk... and you claim to be an authenticator. jk,lol

Old 02-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jackgoodman

since I don't consider myself one. And I agree that Mantle was normally a class act who tried to give a decent autograph each time. But, we all know he had off days. I obtained both of these autographs in person. One time he was in a good mood, one time, not so. That's the only reason I thought the thread sample looked ok. But as I said......There are those that have done this alot longer than I have. sorry the pix are so big.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: shelly

your mantles are authentic. There is a big difference between you signiture and the one I put up.