NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 12-01-2011, 08:42 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Default Heisman RC's-what to do about Weinke?

It's been a while since I've really been that into football cards...Don't get me wrong, I've picked up a few here and there, but I'm starting to get more and more into it lately...

Anyways, the first project I decided to take on was Heisman winner rookie cards. I've noticed a small handful don't have anything until the "Heisman Collection" sets..(Gary Beban was at least mentioned on the back of Bob Grich's 1974 Topps Baseball card, I'll actually keep a copy of that card with the rookie collection along with Beban's first card).

NOW, to Chris Weinke...For anyone else who's collected the Heisman winners, what have you done in regards to him?

1)Do you go with the 2001 football sets?
2)Do you go with the 1991 minor league baseball card?
3)Do you go with the 1995 Bowman baseball card, since it is his first professionally licensed?
4)or just say f* it and get one of each?

Now if you chose number 4, would you also get Vic Janowicz's 1953 Topps baseball card to go along with his 1951 Topps Magic football card? And How about Charlie Ward, or Bo Jackson? Just get 'em all?
Old 12-02-2011, 01:13 PM

Since they are all cheap and probably fairly attainable, get all of them....
Old 12-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Sam Lemoine

I would go with the football card. Why? Because he won the award in football. Funny you should mention this, I was a season ticket holder for my local Florida State League team in the 90's (West Palm Beach Expos) and I got a ton of autographs. Weinke was one of them. At the time, I didn't think anything more of him than just another minor league baseball player...
Old 12-19-2011, 01:37 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

I ultimately decided to go with a rookie from every professional sport that any winner played..

So I ended up getting a 1991 minor league card, and the '95 bowman baseball card of Weinke, to go along with his 2001 football rookies.. Obviously, the 1986 Topps Traded baseball card of Bo Jackson, to go with his '88 football. Topps(preferably Chrome or Finest) is my default when multiple cards exist. 1953 Topps baseball of Vic Janowicz(still need his 51 magic photo football). 1999 SP top prospects baseball card of Ricky Williams(still want the '98 Batavia Muckdogs card). And Charlie Ward's 94/95 Finest Baseketball to go with his 94 football cards(still debating whether or not to get his 2010 tri-star Obak baseball card).

Also added a 2009 Baylor Pocket Schedule with RGIII to tide me over 'til he has an official card..

If anyone knows of any players that had cards from other sports. Please let me know.