NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Autographs & Game Used B/S/T

Old 07-25-2015, 10:08 AM
Dave Johnson

Default Looking for HELP! 1948 Lincoln A's Autographed Team ball with Nellie Fox Bobby Shantz

I am taking this to the National and attempting to sell this for a friend of mine that picked this up in Lincoln NE. But first I am trying to be sure it is in fact authentic

This is a 1948 Lincoln Athletics Minor League team autogrpahed ball. This ball has a number of signature, including 2 or 3 I cannot really make out as I cannot locate the player on a roster and/of the signature if pretty faded.

Here is the complete list

MGR James Deshong
Rony Brusco
George Lebedz
Jim Vojesik
Walt Novek
Nellie Fox
Bobby Shantz
Joe Aliperto
Ed Boehm
Frtiz Bernadini
Tom Kirk
Ray Partee
Al Bower
Bob Palash
Bob Kennedy
Bob Wellman
Ray ZImmerman

The good news in the Fox and Shantz autos are two of the stronger ones on the ball. The Fox has the distinctive "hook" in the letter F, But he has signed his first name "Nellie" which I have not seen before.. Interestingly the ball that is signed is a Ford Frick Spalding Official National League ball but the ball appears to be the 1949 Model of the Ford Frick ball. However it does have a side panel stamp that has (first name obscured by auto) Johnson President Western League on the ball.

Any opinions on authenticity would be appreciated. I am not sure if it is worth spending the money to get it authenticated, but it has to be one of the earlier Fox autos in existence if it is in deed authentic. Will try and get some photos posted later.

Last edited by Golfcollector; 07-25-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:41 PM
Clint

Talk to Dan Bretta. He knows Lincoln baseball . He's a member here. He would probably be interested in buying it too.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:52 PM
Dan Bretta

Would like to see pics. Are you selling this for Larry? Don't know his last name but see and talk to him all the time. He told me he found this at an auction in Wahoo.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:38 PM
Dave Johnson

Yes, but I am not sure what he is wanting to get for it...and I have not been able to find out an estimated value at all to try and help him out..

I will post some scans later tonight or tomorrow...Right now I am taking a short break and trying to restore the 12 lbs of water I am sweating off mowing my yard!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:06 PM
Dave Johnson

Here are some photos of various angles of the team signed ball

Any thoughts on value from anyone is appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Old 07-26-2015, 10:39 PM
Dan Bretta

Nice ball....my 1948 Lincoln ball is also signed "Nellie" Fox. I got mine at a local tag sale for $50 and the only other 1948 Lincoln ball I know of that had Nellie's auto on it was on ebay for years with an asking price of ~$800 that I don't think ever sold. I offered Larry $200 for it and my offer still stands if he can't get better than that at the National.