NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-24-2017, 02:32 PM
Ben L

Default Are these okay for storing pennants?

I don't really collect pennants but I do have a few and was wondering if these are okay to use?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Max-Pro-...sAAOSwk~ZaAfI0
Old 12-24-2017, 04:38 PM
Bill H@e1ig

I use them & haven't had any issues
Old 12-24-2017, 05:26 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I normally use the Ultra Pro Brand. But am sure that these are fine as well.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:07 PM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default Probably Fine.....

....I buy all of my pennant supplies from BCW. There are some pennants that are oversize and there are no holders to accommodate them. Some vintage Cuban examples fall into this niche. I have NO financial interest in BCW but have been treated really well by them and their big selection. I really wish that a need existed for the "over sized" examples so someone would manufacture them. Good luck and fun collecting/hunting to the OP !!
Old 12-25-2017, 08:27 PM
Ben L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den*nis O*Brien View Post
....I buy all of my pennant supplies from BCW. There are some pennants that are oversize and there are no holders to accommodate them. Some vintage Cuban examples fall into this niche. I have NO financial interest in BCW but have been treated really well by them and their big selection. I really wish that a need existed for the "over sized" examples so someone would manufacture them. Good luck and fun collecting/hunting to the OP !!
Thanks, Dennis. I actually found a good deal on BCW holders on Amazon so I think I'm going to go with them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DLJATN5W&psc=1
Old 01-04-2018, 06:31 AM
$cotty @.utin

I put these on the back of them and place them on my wall. Works great and looks good.

https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-.../dp/B002IXGUAQ

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football
Old 01-06-2018, 09:49 PM
Ben L

So I got the holders in the mail and they look great but I'm having a very hard time getting pennants all the way in. I'm mostly dealing with 1930s pennants that definitely fit but I can't get the pennant far enough in. Any tips?
Old 01-06-2018, 11:34 PM
$cotty @.utin

I would get the pennant as far in as I could without damaging it, then tap the nose of the holder on the ground. Eventually, the force of the tap got the pennant to seat in place.

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football
Old 01-07-2018, 12:45 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Use a stiffer/newer pennant to guide the original one down into the sleeve.

Put the stiffer one behind the original, and it will ease the softer one down. You’ll be able to finagle it until it’s centered to your liking. Then just pull the stiffer “guide pennant” back out. Takes a little practice, but really very easy.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:44 AM
Brian "Tony" Levinson

Default Protective holders for pennants?

Looks like these holders don't offer UV protection or other protection? Short of buying expensive glass, is there any cheaper way to provide some protection for inexpensive and low grade pennants?

Buying or trading for lesser condition Butterfingers

Always looking for raw lesser condition vintage baseball and football --small or large lots.

Member of Old Baseball Cards
Old 04-19-2018, 12:37 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I don't know of any. I would just keep the curtains closed/blinds down at all times when you're not in the room (or even when you're in the room).

The only things that really can damage them (besides mishandling) are direct sunlight and dust. They should be just fine.