NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Memorabilia - Framing Mania!

Posted By: Trae R.

So, in addition to the backs framing project I am also doing this to hang in my office. It's a litho I recently purchased on eBay. This is what the final product will look like framed:

I would love for you all to share any T206 related show pieces you may have.

25" x 37"

Old 12-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

That looks really great Trae. I'm trying to come up with an idea as to how to display my actual T206's. Kinda sucks having them stored in a PSA storage box....

Old 12-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Thanks Dave. I have pondered on the same dilemma you have for a while and in the end just ended up buying an MJ Roop archival box. I know it's not much in the way of display but it makes for easy access - just like your PSA storage boxes. I'm sure many others here, like myself, look at their cards regularly.

I noticed someone (Lee Behrens maybe?) here posted a picture of their baseball room a few months back and they had created a track (like molding... at the top) around their walls and slid in all of their SGC T206 collection. It looked really neat.

One of the ideas I had was to simply purchase a display case made for PSA cards and mount it on the wall. I'm not sure what has stopped me from buying one yet to be honest. Maybe I will do that this weekend too.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

I've posted this before but this is something I made up - about 6*8 in size... This shadow box contains an original Piedmont pack, mounted next to an original Piedmont backed baseball card (1909 pack from Factory 25 next to a 150 series card from Factory 25). The backing, itself, is a color mosaic of various T-206 cards.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: E, Daniel

I would recommend them to anyone who is thinking they want to display their cards if they are holdered in some fashion.
I've got lots of gaps to fill but hopefully many collecting years ahead of me

regards

Old 12-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

Complete T206 Cubs display. Cards are in a giant screwdown and not taped or pasted down. Hangs in my office at work.

Edited to say that display is missing Evers Portrait.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Very cool, thanks to both of you. however, Steve, that Cub's display really takes the cake, very nice!

Old 12-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: steve f

Very nice Steve. Is that the Evers portrait with Polar Bear back showing?

Old 12-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

Beat you to it. The Evers Portrait is missing. I have edited my post.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

What does the display case cost? How many does it hold etc? May be a stupid question..but displaying cards like that, any thought of fading of the card due to excess light?

Old 12-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Administrator

They're very affordable, Dave:
click here - cases for sale on eBay

As far as UV protection, that's not my arena but I know you can purchase special glass/acrylic to combat against that kind of stuff. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: E, Daniel

Fading is definitely a huge concern, and I think you weigh that up when you decide that seeing the cards out is a higher priority than keeping the color as deep and true as possible.
That being said, I've tried my best to minimize damage in the short term by using a room that has less direct sun entering it, I keep the blinds closed alot, and I've also chosen to hang the cases on the same wall as the windows, so that all light is indirect - no beams ever hit the glass/acrylic.
You do your best, and then live with it if you want to live with cards around you.
The company (various ebay sellers market the product) also makes mention of adding a uv protector layer to the acrylic for extra charge if you mention it to them.
Overall, I think its a great way to have your hobby on display!

daniel

Old 12-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim James

It tends to be expensive, but "museum" glass is available.It has a UV reflective coating on it.Cost isn't too bad at smaller sizes,but at a size like the wonderful Cubs display,would be in the $100 range.Ask a certified framer about it.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JK

just be aware that even uv protective glass only blocks about 90% of the uv rays.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim James

This is like ping-pong,check my response to the fading thread.
90% isn't bad for display pieces.The key is "direct" sun light.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dylan

I have two displays I'd like to upload. I took pictures on my digital camera but one is 600KB and the other is 900KB, the largest file i can upload on here is 128KB. My digital camera loads very large pictures and the only way i know how to downsize something is by going into paint and changing its length, which then will cut off most of the picture, lol! I dont have any other programs that I can alter pictures with. How can i resize these images??

>Trae I will email you the images. I remember you asked to see them in another post a while back..

(edited to correct spelling of Trae's name)

Old 12-08-2006, 05:15 AM
Administrator

Here are Dylan's images:

Old 12-08-2006, 05:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

I would never display my cards in a room that has windows. For that reason, I also have the Met's Burdick Collection poster framed and on my wall. I also have the "Wagner Reunion" poster framed and on my wall along with two posters from oldcardboard.com.

The best way to gauge light damage would be to take two identically toned cards -- take two identical 1988 Topps Mike Greenwell cards, for example -- and put one in your dark storage box, and leave the other out somewhere out of direct sunlight (you can take a 3rd Greenwell and put him in direct sunlight). Every few weeks, get all three Greenwell's together and see if you can notice a difference.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

Funny that I don't have a complete picture of this, but I took this shot as I was building my card room a few months ago. It's complete now.

This is how I display my HOF collection. It was easy and cheap. Basically I bought some two-inch strapping and some quarter round, nailed them together and stained them brown. Then I attached a few hooks to them. The result were some very thin shelves that are perfect for cards.

The cards are arranged on the shelves in order of the player's induction year. The oversized, tallboy cards go on a bookshelf with some other memorabilia and whatnot. It's complete now, so the whole wall is stocked, with oversized cards like R303s and cabinets on the white table, leaning up against the wall. I work at the table, and usually find myself sitting there daydreaming, staring at the cards.

Works great for me.

-Al

Old 12-08-2006, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

stuff looks great guys...just be VERY careful of any direct sunlight on your display pieces...

i too have the Burdick poster, and the Wagner Reunion poster, both framed (thanks to Jay Wolt for the gift)!!!

Old 12-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Hines

This sits against the wall with the windows (which are almost never drawn anyway) so it gets very little sunlight. I love this piece!!!!