NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Default Pictures from Nationals

Posted By: Jim Clarke

Since Leon and Brian have been popular here after the Nationals, can anyone tell me what this conversation is about?

This is what Scott looks like when Brian over pays on a deal.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: B.C.Daniels

I was happy with the deal you felt the need to meddle into afterwards and attempt to degrade Scott over. Instead of slandering Scott JC,maybe you should try shoving him in the back the way you did Bill Cornell and see how that pans out for you!

And it's National not Nationals. It's not a baseball team!

Old 08-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Koteles

this is what Scott looks like after sniping Leons cheesburger!

Old 08-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Shoving him in the back??? You got me on this one?????? The only time I would ever Shove would be watch you and Mr. Mint go at it, at the "National"

Old 08-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: B.C.Daniels

you shoved Bill in the back brain dead.Then like the doofus you are you stated;
"I get you like that every year".Maybe that will rattle your room temperature IQ'ed fried brain for recollection.If your going to dis on me or Scott for doing a deal that was clearly known of your business then the least you could do is pretend you know what your talking about! Like I stated,maybe you should push Scott in the back for not doing a deal with you!

Old 08-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Masson

Looks like someone's got a case of the Mondays....
Tone it down, B-Dan, or we'll sick Jay on you.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bcornell

Whatever this is about, please leave me out of it before I become the Kato Kaelin of 2006. Has anyone ever been mentioned on this forum as an accomplice/acquaintance/bystander who didn't instantly regret their non-participation?

Bill

Old 08-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Hey Leon,
If you edit it and nobody sees it, then I didn't say it?

Old 08-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

You need to put your name by posts in this thread....nothing personal......

Old 08-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Be nice to Bill or I'll be forced to show you scans of my Oakes and Thorpe cards again.

Jay

A good friend will come bail you out of jail. A true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, that was fun."

Old 08-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

I love my Mondays and I love Jay!
My day was great. How was yours?

Kato Ghandi before getting pushed by gnat mind man~

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official_s&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=gandhi&spell=1

Old 08-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Oh Brian... You are very funny!!! Just to set the recoed strait.. I called Bill 2 weeks before the "National" to make sure he was going.. Plus he plays tennis as I do.. And we are trying to get together on the court one of these years to play. Of all the people I meet at Nationals, Bill has been one of my true friends in the hobby over the years. I think you mis-took a freindly slap on the shoulders to him than a shove in the back as you said... I know with you being a Karate expert that confrontation is your area of expertise. But in tennis, we just practice good sporstmanship and try not to be beat at LOVE. Maybe you need a good whooping at next years National? Are you game?

Old 08-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Jim,

Where I come from we bash each others with the rackets. Maybe that's why I don't like tennis. I could be wrong, maybe I'm thinking about badmitton...

Old 08-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Administrator

I have never taken,participated or even watched a karate match in my life.You have no idea what you are talking about and evade the simple fact you condem Scott behind his back while trying to ridicule me for a deal I did with him I am very happy with.Surely,he had something you wanted and could not come to terms with so you degrade him behind his back.I am told by other's this is how you operate.

2) no one around you thought your pushing was a friendly anything.

3) your idiotic comments about me,in front of me to Terry Knouse who has known me for 25 years made your apparent and usual ******* of yourself coupled with your fried memory from years of crack or whatever you take.Doing the same thing apparently to another collector last year while you were at Terry's table attempting to impress yourself by introducing people Terry already has known far longer than you have been unfortuneately around the card World.maybe you should stick to drugs and mind your own business and some dealer might actually think your an ok guy instead of the incessant jerk you are.

4) tennis is not a sport or the World's best would not usually be some 14 year old.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh Adams

14 yr olds?
Roddick and Federer are in their 20s.

Tennis requires agility, superb hand-eye coordination, and endurance.

Please, stick to cards.

Go Go White Sox
2005 World Series Champions!

Old 08-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: PC

Anger management anyone?

Old 08-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ScottIngold

Is there a back story to this soap ? Unresolved issue's ?

Old 08-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

reminds me of the good old Full Count Board days

Old 08-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Administrator

the age was figurative to denote that somewhere out there a super young person will again arise to take over the sport.History? Clarke has not been around the dealers he pretends to know well long enough to have a history.For the most part they tolerate him though because he does have some coin.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Brian,

Your tone speaks for itself. No drugs here and I do NOT collect the stuff you buy. I have no problem with any fine dealers I choose to buy from. Try being a little positive about posts. You are just a negative person with issues. Maybe Steroids is the cause of that??? It was nice to meet you and hopefully the last time I see you. Try to do eveything you can to NOT make a negitive post (bet you can't do it) and write about something that people want to read..

With that being said.. More PICs from the National for everyone to enjoy

Old 08-17-2006, 01:31 AM
Administrator

You truly are the spontaneous abortion from some Texas steer with down syndrome~dealers cannot stand you. I guess in your pea brain this is not an issue.They merely take your money and hope you'll go away. You have no interest in anything but you and your own collection as you never sell anything to help anyone and if you do "try" to do a deal,it has to be 50x to your advantage. Furthermore,you are pathetic and dumb as a brick.Take your advise and shove it up your ass until it pops out of your head.Surely,there will be little in the way of grey matter to prevent you from succeeding. I am sure the dealers who wrote me about this thread will get a chuckle out of this and compliment me for stating it to you. I am also sure you use the term friends even in the hobby to losely.Go hit the pipe and scratch some more of your hair off trying to comprehend life while you invent comments about karate and other make believe sugar plum dances in your warped and loopy mind.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:06 AM
Administrator

This sort of reminds me of the old Fullcount Board days. I don't like it but am a little bit caught in the middle. No way should someone say the things on the board that BCD has said. That's easily recognized. This should be in private emails. Then I have to think about at what point do I censor something. Unfortunately when no rules are broken I usually opt for the "free speech" side of things. It has gotten me into trouble before but I also feel the need to be consistent. I will definitely say that we each make our own bed we have to lie in. Also, for the record each person can be held legally liable for what they say on a public chatboard. I, in no way, condone this behavour...I will put a stop to it when I feel it's too detrimental to the welfare of the board...generally there is a time frame for this rhetoric..It's getting close...... best regards

Old 08-17-2006, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

bcd,
your reputation for going off on people has preceeded your coments on this thread. and while that reputation was based on hear say, that is no longer the case.
you are way, way out of line.
grow up.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul Griggs

Heck, a PSA bashing thread would be funner than this. Anyway... Jim, who are the people in your Nationals pics? I've yet to have the pleasure of meeting any board members, so cant put any names to most of the faces. However, I do know Leon from his recent pics of busting board members, & posing with Mr Mint

Old 08-17-2006, 07:24 AM
Administrator

What a GREAT post Brian! I think how Mr. Mint's rep is to dealers is how your rep is to collectors. I know you really do not care about anyone but yourself, and could really care less about anyone else. What do you really bring to this board other than a warped point of view and baggering of people that you do not like. Just writing to you gives me the creeps being associated with you.. Again I know it will be hard for you to just be nice and move on... But we all know you can not do that...

Old 08-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Hey Paul,

The Top photos is of Leon and Brian Daniels (caugh)
The bottom photo is of Scott Brockleman

The next group of photos are Terry and Shirley Knouse and their son Terry Jr below them. The last photo of of Roger and Charlie Neufelt.

I thought it would be nice to have photos of people I enjoyed buying from in the past. It will be like going down memory lane when I look at them and I can remember most of my buys with them as well. It is a pretty small hobby we are all in, and one of the main reasons I go to teh National every year is to see many people from the board, and dealers I've known for up to ten years.

Here are three more dealers with GREAT personalities!!
1. Roger (Finds many 19th century items)
2. Mark (great guy PCL expert)
3. Ryan (Cuban expert and down to earth to talk to, plus a great looking family)

Old 08-17-2006, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul Griggs

Thanks Jim. Hoping to go to Cleveland next year & meeting some of the N54 members. I lived in Sothern Michigan as a teen, so it would be fun to go back to that area again. Also, I have many fond memories of Cedar Point in Sandusky.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

that I have stayed out of this fray.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Daniel Bretta

Ryan is just saying "Hello".

Us Husker fans are quite familiar with that greeting when we visit Boulder.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Administrator

followed me around to slander Scott for how he does deals telling me how I
could have gotten a group of cards for less money than I paid after buying the very cards he posted a photo of me showing Leon.(none of his business nor did I ask for his rookie opinion.).The doofus then goes up to Tik while I am standing there pretending to introduce Tik to me with his usual degrading commentary that merely draws attention to his brainless self of which Terry,who has known me for over 25 years found absurd.Right before that he shoves Cornell hard to which he almost fell over(it was not a tap on the shoulder)and makes the stupid statement about how " I get you every year with that",(but of course completely forgot about it above when I originally commented on it because of his years of having done drugs and presently pot in which I have several e-mails from him to confirm)..............then he goes on here and posts about it on here in a sanctimonious and degrading manner because he didn't land the cards I did. Andy,I'm obvious not one for political correctness as I merely tell it how it is.I don't fight to appeal to you or anyone else.I posted to defend and win.I did not start a thread to initiate a fight.The man himself is all of 9 years old . But I am not going to write in such a manner as to overlook truth with "nice" critical comments to appease your inability to want to win your own fights.Stand for something or you'll fall for anything the Talmud says. Clarke is both full of **** and dillusionary about how he is perceived in this hobby and hearsay! I'll send you a few of the letters I have received about him and you can judge for yourself how people view him. I'm sure you'll agree with my perspective.

Re: Pictures from Nationals August 15 2006, 6:29 PM

Jim,

Where I come from we bash each others with the rackets. Maybe that's why I don't like tennis. I could be wrong, maybe I'm thinking about badmitton...

The above statement made me drool! My expertese is in Kali escrima.
My guess is I can beat anyone at tennis!

Old 08-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh Adams

Slow day at the office, eh?

Go Go White Sox
2005 World Series Champions!

Old 08-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Administrator

would you like to come over an play Twister?

Clarke "sence" is spelled sense....but thanks for the lesson on tiK
I dont need or want you to introduce me to anyone,never had or would.Why would I need to anyway when all your new found pals have known me for years.I would not want anyone I know to think I associate with you.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Interesting story telling. Have Bill or Terry who are both board members come on here and agree with what you are saying for them. By the way TIC is TIK. If I tried to introduce you to someone, than that will NEVER happen again. I was only trying to be nice not knowing who you do or do not know. That really does not make any sence what motive I would have for that. I do not collect the cards you bought from Scott and I was not even watching your deal. I did here a joke about it after you left the table though..All you state is your opinion of stories from the National which is quite amusing. I will probaly end this charade with you after today as there is no winning this debate and do NOT want to be dragged down to the level you are at. I am glad most people know that you and I are not buddy...buddy. I also do not like Mr. Mint.. Al Hager.. Al Pavletic and anyone else that screws people over by being deceitful...So on that note.. Have a nice day Nice life and see you in Cleveland.

Yes slow day at work as I'm working from home on .10 listing days with Ebay...

Back to the thread.. More PICs from Nationals!

Old 08-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Administrator

"I don't fight to appeal to you or anyone else.I posted to defend and win."

defend what? and win what?

"But I am not going to write in such a manner as to overlook truth with "nice" critical comments to appease your inability to want to win your own fights."

i don't have any fights that i'm aware of. and, if i did i would win. and, it wouldn't take me calling you a "crackhead" to do it.

as i said brian, grow up....or at least keep this childish dribble to yourself.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Administrator

that was not written to you about you Andy though I guess you beckon for 14 seconds of air time today. mind your own business if you dont like my evisceration of the dullard.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: George H. Counter

According to Gil, it is OK to hate someone, so no worries BCD.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Administrator

I love Gil

Old 08-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ScottIngold

Sounds like we need our own version of celebrity boxing.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Heeerrreeeee we go!

Old 08-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Administrator

maybe we can "play" for cards!
I 've got a couple of board members who would love to be corner men that will love it and the results! Maybe we can posts odds!

Old 08-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: PC

If this keeps up, E, Daniel is going to reappear to set everyone straight.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Administrator

brian, my comprehension skills are fine. you addressed me in the middle of your rant.
perhaps you should re-read your own post.

and i would love to mind my own business, that's why i suggested that you keep your childish dribble to yourself.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

George H. Counter: At no time did I state that it is ok for you to hate, nor Brian, nor anyone else. However, I allow myself to hate under what I consider justifiable circumstances.

Now, Warshawlaw has raised cautionary comment in this regard, and his points are well taken.

Everyone must make their own choices on this subject. It is my intent to empower noone by my words to hate. But do not misinterpret what I have said:

Re: Rare Cards of Sudanese Players
June 22 2006 at 7:41 PM Gilbert Maines (Login ItsOnlyGil)

Response to Rare Cards of Sudanese Players

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize that I indicated that I would not revisit this subject, however, it appears to me that from your response to my input, I must be alone in the belief that hatred due to the characteristics of specific individuals is not only justified, it is warranted. As some of you indicated, my point of view must not be well thought out. It is my contention that your point of view is not well thought out.

Please feel free to be so enraged right now that you are no longer capable of thought nor reading, and begin drafting your tirade of rebuttal without hearing me out (again).

I fully know that the good book says that one should love his enemies, and turn the other cheek. Well, I have found that when dealing with bullies an approach alternate to hoping that they will soon grow tired of hitting you, is to let them know that they have been in a battle (you will not always win, but others will be easaier prey for the bullies).

And persons with the following characteristics I currently hate, solely based on those characteristics, and I plan to continue to hate, are summarized below. This list is no where near complete.

Bullies who view the US Postal System as an excellent vehicle to distribute loose Anthrax.
Bullies who are proven pedophiles.
The same applies to drug dealers, prostitutes and others whose primary function in our society is harmful to the society's general well being.
Bullies who use our airplanes to crash into our buildings.
This list is long (and it does not differ from that of many of you who pretend to not hate) .

Id like to tell you more about myself, how I raised my children and address other curiousities which were voiced, but I really do not think that anyone cares. If you do, please e-mail me.

Chad was correct in his assessment. My thoughts were primarily focused on the legality and the continual erosion of my rights. But I also do not contend that I am hate free.

I appreciate those who already have thought this thru and have reached whatever conclusion. I always applaud opposing thought out opinions.

Its Only Gil

Old 08-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Noel

Take a deep breathe, what does this have to do with baseball cards?

Old 08-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Well you see Noel, Leon challenged me with regard to my ability to identify specific baseball players from Sudan. When I was unable to do so, Josh assumed that I was in collusion with Joann to downgrade the contribution of Jewish players to the sport.

Then E, Daniel said something which I responded favorably to, however, then he said something further that was ridiculous in my opinion, and before long there was your inquiry.

Oh, was I supposed to take that breath first?

Old 08-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

AAAIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE! Shoot. No collusion on my part! Not me! And I don't think anyone - me, Gil, or otherwise - was downgrading any groups contribution to any sport.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program of grader bashing, Wagner gossip and convention accusations.

Joann

Old 08-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

Boy, there is some revisionist history for you.

Old 08-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Hey now. What's with all the hate and discontent without me in the center of it?

Man, I'm losing my touch and my rep is gonna be ruined.

Jay

A good friend will come bail you out of jail. A true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, that was fun."

Old 08-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Administrator

I was hoping this would just go away...it will now....thanks for playing