NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Default OT: Heritage Auction problems

Posted By: Russ Bright

So I bid on a small lot that ended last week An Autographed Framed Picture- nothing prewar or interesting BUT the winning bid was 65 dollars or so - and buyers premium brought it to 74 - and when I received the Bill it was $150 - they were charging me 75 dollars for shipping!

This is outrageous and had i known that the shipping would be so expensive I would NEVER have bid on this Item - I figured for 65+juice+s/h i would have a nice piece for just about 100 dollars - 30 dollars shipping is reasonable - 75 is not for something this size...

SO i get my e-mail today and they have ALREADY shipped the item - which i have NOT paid for - to an old address that I haven't updated that will not forward to my current house...

I am upset and frustrated and not quite sure what to do - I could call Heritage, but i don't even think i can keep my composure on the phone to complain and try to find an amicable option - I called 6 times the day after the auction ended and the phone was never picked up - I don't want this Item anymore - i will pay the premium and a restocking fee or something, but this is NOT worth anywhere NEAR what they're charging me for shipping and handling...

what are my options? if they already shipped it Fedex?

I am unwilling to pay for this at the current cost, it's outrageous and unnecessary - and since they already shipped it and haven't responded to any of my calls... I don't even think it will arrive at my house - and the old house already has someone living in it (used to be my mom's house but she sold it this last year)

i don't know what to do - any help or insight would be greatly appreciated -

thanks
Russ

Old 12-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I would suggest that anytime anyone has a problem with any auction house they call them first and try to work it out. If it doesn't get worked out after that, then by all means look for help. If someone has a problem with a transaction they do with me I would hope they come to me for help before they air it publicly. regards

Old 12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Russ- you should always call them before posting on a public chat board. They may be more than happy to work something out. At least try first.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

In any big auction, any time I see a poster framed with glass, I'm wary about bidding as I assume the shipping charge is going to be lots-- and not lots for the poster, but for the frame and glass which I'm usually not interested in owning. I would prefer the poster rolled up and shipped in a carboard tube.

In defense of big auction houses, I assume they have hired people in charge of packaging and shipping. As a business, they are required to pay their employees minimum wage or above. So there is a $$ cost to packaging beyond cardboard and tape. If I was paying someone $8 an hour to package in my basement, there would be two results: I'd make the worker package real fast and there would be no free shipping.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Auction houses IMO should always give some kind of estimate on shipping for large items. I bid on a Hunt auction lot where they show a pic of about 10 items that said something like "Large lot of memorabilia".....I was a little surprised with the shipping charges, but I figure I bid without asking so I went ahead and paid without question. When the lot arrived it showed up in 5 large boxes with about 100+ items. I think I paid about $30 for the lot and $80 shipping. I was okay with the lot, but whenever I see lots like that Hunts now I generally avoid them.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Russ Bright

Hey Guys - trust Me, I'm not one to try and air dirty laundry, but after being "scolded" on the board --- YES i have tried to call them MULTIPLE time (see first post) - I posted on this board to HOPEFULLY get someone from there to contact me - (Which they have since done)

I'm sorry to ruffle so many feathers - Leon and Barry, I've dealt with BOTH of you and you know that I'm not the type of person to try and piss anyone off -

I'm going back into lurk mode...

r

Old 12-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob Dewolf

I'm not really sure it's an auction house's fault for shipping something to an old address that hasn't been updated by a customer. As for shipping the item before it was paid for, I remember after the last REA auction that folks on this board praised Rob and his staff for shipping items before they received payment, so I'm not sure that Heritage deserves criticism for doing the same thing. IMO, obviously.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Hey Russ- no need to stop posting. I would be equally frustrated, but you will eventually get someone on the phone. Either they will rectify it or they won't. If it's the latter, then I would put in on the board. But what if you reach someone and they turn out to be really helpful? Then you might feel bad about posting.

That's all I meant- I've dealt with you before and you were a pleasure- I know you're a good guy.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard

I won a $500 lot from them quite some time ago and it's been over two weeks my check cleared. Still haven't received it and no notification regarding shipping method or tracking. Emailed them about it three days ago and they said the matter was being "looked into". Haven't heard anything else since.
I've suspended all bidding activity with them until I receive the item in question.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I have always said I will help if there are ever any issues with our advertisers. If you will email me the specifics, nothing too much needed, then I will have you an answer tomorrow. regards

Old 12-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joel

You are on an 'auto ship' status with Heritage. They ship without you paying. You can change your ship status to 'do not ship' and they only ship once you give the okay. With Heritage weekly auctions you can return the item. I would not accept the item from Fed Ex and you probably won't have to pay return shipping. I won a 16x20 framed item the other week. I paid the $75 dollar shipping fee. It was packed very well and professionally. Turned out the glass was actually plexi glass and it probably would have arrived fine with much less packaging.

I do believe on their listings you can see what catagory the item is for shipping and get an estimate of shipping expense prior to bidding. I am surprised they did not answer the phone. They have always provided excellent customer service to me.