NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-14-2013, 05:29 PM
J3ff Thr0m

Default T206: How much are these worth?

Very frustrating to finally find someone with some cards at a market and he's priced himself out of selling.

Tell me how much is a fair price for these???? Any input would be awesome.....

--------------------------

I found a small dealer at a market who looks like your typical small scale card shop these days. Specializes in local sports subjects and has a TON of the new cards that I seem to loathe more and more.....I think I'm turning into a snob.

I asked if he had tobacco. He laughed and he pulled these out. He said that I am the first person in over a year that has asked to see them. He's basically consigning for a local guy. They've been in his store for almost 2 years. He actually kept them in a corner of his case, out of view.

The scan is below. Schulte and Freeman are polar bears and the other 3 are common (2 Piedmont, 1 SweetCap). I'd give 4 of them a good rating (2/30) and the Eberfield a fair (1.5/20). Alperman is the only one that might have had a top trim, but he did measure out correctly when compared so it would be doubtful. All of them had their issues but they were solid. As luck would have it, I need 4 and Freeman would be an upgrade since I have him in a beater.

I really want the Schulte......BAD.

I flipped them over and each had a price tag of 100$. Now we all KNOW that there is no way these are even close to that, but the kid honestly had no idea.

I gave him an offer on the lot at a premium of what I thought I could get them for and he called the guy selling them. He wants $40 a piece and that was it. No deal......but my offer is still outstanding to the guy and he has my contact info.

My question to all......how much are these worth?

Please keep in mind I'm just a smalltime guy sticking on a budget. My cards are primarily fair-good with some VG, with about a third being graded.....so I'm not looking for miracles or to blow a bill on a card unless it's something really special or unique.

What do you guys think????
Old 07-14-2013, 11:03 PM
David Pierson
Banned

100, maybe 125 for all.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:32 AM
Jason Stricker

Without seeing the condition of the backs or the details of each card due to the poor picture, I'd estimate somewhere between $70 - $100 for all of them.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:39 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

Ungraded and looking trimmed I'd say they aren't worth much at all.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:51 AM
George Gogol

Good for you! It is a lot of fun to find 5 cards you need at a LCS. I believe that the cards could be found on the interest for 15-20 a piece, but keep I mind that you will pay a premium at a store, and that is okay. I think you would be happy if you get them for below $30 a piece, $125 would be nice. If not, offer 30 for the Schulte. Good Luck!

Last edited by geor952; 07-15-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Spelling schulte
Old 07-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

I have bought about 50 T206s in the past two months. It is getting harder to pick up anything in decent condition for less than $25 and then you are usually paying shipping on top of that. I agree $125.00 would be a fair price if the backs are clean.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:38 AM
J3ff Thr0m

Thanks for the input guys. Good to see that I was right at your estimates and glad I walked away.

And sorry for the poor scan.

I should clarify that only 1 was even remotely questionable for trimming, the other 4 were solid.....

I put an offer of 115, which I consider a premium for convenience, and will stick to it.....which means it likely is a dead deal.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:17 PM

Default just seeing fronts...

about $20-$25 average a card....

$100.00-$125.00 i'd say approx.