NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 11-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Jim Smiley

Post Is there a more comprehensive HoF site?

One of the difficult parts of collecting is finding like-minded folks to share in the fun with. For years I thought about putting together a website of my collection and finally got it done. The site is called CooperstownExpert.com. It has pages for every HoFer and 150 non-HoFers. Nearly every page has at least one autograph. Check it out, and give me your feedback, good and bad. Check out the stories section too! There's still more autographs I need to scan, more pages that are drafts right now, and much more work to be done, but at least it's a decent start...it took me long enough.

Anyway, I'd be grateful if you'd check it out and give me your suggestions and thoughts.

CooperstownExpert.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3647.jpg (12.3 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg Alex-Pompez-785x1024.jpg (11.6 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg Boyer contract.jpg (12.5 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg Frisch-Vets-letter-799x1024.jpg (5.2 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg Cy Young 1903 WS reunion ball.jpg (62.8 KB, 168 views)

Last edited by CooperstownExpert; 11-09-2016 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Need to put in a picture.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:34 PM
Andy H

"An ESPN SportsTicker reporter from 1992-2007"

Yeah well I helped write scripts as an intern for C-SPAN. Where's my money so I can afford this kind of collection

My GLAC collection (1/240):
https://www.collectorfocus.com/colle...gned-postcards
Old 11-09-2016, 03:54 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrightfan85 View Post
Yeah well I helped write scripts as an intern for C-SPAN. Where's my money so I can afford this kind of collection
Remember it is not just money it is time and patience . Extensive and great collections are built over time while searching for quality items at prices you can live with without looking back .
Old 11-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Jim Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
Remember it is not just money it is time and patience . Extensive and great collections are built over time while searching for quality items at prices you can live with without looking back .
Great observation and so correct. That's the essence of collecting.

The first autograph from that website was obtained when Ty Cobb's granddaughter had his canceled checks for $40. That was in 1984. One of the most recent pieces was the Frisch letter about doing a "thorough job" on the Vets Committee. LOVE the content on that simple piece. Then there's the most common signature of William Harridge. In it he tells Clark Griffith to give the annual pass to Ike and VP Nixon. Ten years later I found a wire photo dated a few days after the letter that featured Griffith giving Eisenhower the pass. Inexpensive but solid attention to detail.

It takes a ton of time and effort though it's lots of fun.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Curt

Working so close to the game can't hurt in building a collection either.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

Lovery seeing other collections.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:55 PM
Jim Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
Working so close to the game can't hurt in building a collection either.
It absolutely helps. In the mid-1990s a few of the older scouts looked through the collection and helped out. Most or all of the pieces on Casey Stengel's page are from Mets scout Harry Minor. I stumbled onto the press release about the Colt 45's signing Joe Morgan then had dinner with him the next season. There are a few guys like that in the collection. Lots of fun memories. The connections have been good to me.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Andy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
Oh I know. I was just joking.

My GLAC collection (1/240):
https://www.collectorfocus.com/colle...gned-postcards
Old 11-10-2016, 01:34 PM
Jim Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrightfan85 View Post
"An ESPN SportsTicker reporter from 1992-2007"

When I look at what I've spent over the years on autographs of dead people it does make me kind of demoralized. The ESPN SportsTicker gig was a side job that provided connections, opportunities, and memories much more than money. Still fun though.