NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 11-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
The books were home and I was at the office. Still weird that it didn't pop up anywhere online isn't it jeff?
Nope....not everything is at your fingertips just by googling it and hoping that your first search gives you the answer that you are looking for. My personal opinion is that the members here have spoiled you. I would guess that you lead all members with “please help me posts” since you joined in 2016. To be brutally honest, I’m shocked that members still help you on a regular basis because it is clear that you are just a dealer trying to make a profit. I would feel differently if you were a collector.

Jeff
Old 11-29-2017, 05:54 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
Nope....not everything is at your fingertips just by googling it and hoping that your first search gives you the answer that you are looking for. My personal opinion is that the members here have spoiled you. I would guess that you lead all members with “please help me posts” since you joined in 2016. To be brutally honest, I’m shocked that members still help you on a regular basis because it is clear that you are just a dealer trying to make a profit. I would feel differently if you were a collector.

Jeff
Jeff, if you followed my posts as you say you have, you would see I was a collector who tried to turn his passion into a business. I still collect jackie Robinson like I always have. You don't know me and it sounds like everything you say to all my posts is basically jealousy. Because people answer my questions they spoil me? I ask questions to learn. The funny thing is everyone here learns from me asking questions as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Just for fun I did a quick google search and bingo the top listing was Key Man Collectibles check list of all the New York Picture Photo Packs. Google is your friend.http://keymancollectibles.com/photos...kchecklist.htm

I saw that but there were no photos. How could you confirm with no photo? Thanks again for chiming in on my threads with no help.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:37 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Jeff, if you followed my posts as you say you have, you would see I was a collector who tried to turn his passion into a business. I still collect jackie Robinson like I always have. You don't know me and it sounds like everything you say to all my posts is basically jealousy. Because people answer my questions they spoil me? I ask questions to learn. The funny thing is everyone here learns from me asking questions as well.
My quick response:

Jealousy=funny!

You don't ask questions to learn...you ask questions so that you can make money.

You'd be surprised how many people feel the same way I do about you on Net54.

Jeff
Old 11-29-2017, 06:54 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

The only people on Net54 I care about are the people I like. You didn't make that list. And also in psychology class I learned that a comment such as youd be surprised how many people feel the same way I do, is usually a biased comment which holds no merit as what you think and what actually is in response to a argument is usually nowhere close to the same.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 11-29-2017 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:05 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
The only people on Net54 I care about are the people I like. You didn't make that list. And also in psychology class I learned that a comment such as youd be surprised how many people feel the same way I do, is usually a biased comment which holds no merit as what you think and what actually is in response to a argument is usually nowhere close to the same.
I'm sorry that don't like me...sometime the truth hurts.

Good luck on your future endeavors Stephen.

Jeff
Old 11-29-2017, 07:24 AM
Ben North

Quote:
You should have paid more attention in psychology class. I have no idea why but I get emails/PMs about you on a regular basis that say the same exact thing Jeff said. They all ask if I think you are a scammer.

I did a search and found a website for you. You act like an dick instead of bookmarking it and thanking me, at least you are consistent in that area.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:44 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
You should have paid more attention in psychology class. I have no idea why but I get emails/PMs about you on a regular basis that say the same exact thing Jeff said. They all ask if I think you are a scammer.

I did a search and found a website for you. You act like an dick instead of bookmarking it and thanking me, at least you are consistent in that area.
I have already done over 100 transactions on the site (probably closer to 200). If I was a scammer the word would probably be out already don't ya think?

Also you weren't doing me a favor you were making fun insinuating that it was so easy to find. Stop being such a tool man. You posted that after we already figured out what it was. Also, I think this is uncommon as you literally can't find a photo anywhere and even Austin Mike doesn't have one (at least that was my understanding) and he has most of them.

Leon,

Can I start charging advertisers to link to my threads, as it seems everything I post turns into one of these threads. Eyeballs = money right? Might as well capitalize on the haters.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 11-29-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:44 AM
Chris

I wont address the other comments as I don't want to get involved in that but these are not something you could easily identify on your own, even with research. Without having a number of others to study, these are very difficult to pinpoint to specific years. Sometimes the grading companies have misidentified these things making it even more difficult to get an answer.

Last edited by Bestdj777; 11-29-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post

Jeff
well said, jeff.

my bet is more than a few members were nodding in agreement when reading your post. I know I was
Old 11-29-2017, 04:17 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Ok Ronnie go back in your hole now.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:26 AM

for some reason i could not get this photo to upload in one piece so here goes. This is the multi coach and Casey photo mentioned earlier in this post. This photo is included with the eleven player photos you posted. Even the envelope is the same.

I also have the set you posted but do not know what year these sets are from.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SCAN0105.jpg (68.6 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg SCAN0104.jpg (70.0 KB, 152 views)
Old 12-04-2017, 01:24 PM

got it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SCAN0100.jpg (75.6 KB, 144 views)
Old 12-04-2017, 01:28 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

1957 I believe. I'm pretty confident at this point. How many of these photo packs do you even know of that are out there? I can not find a single one!
Old 12-04-2017, 02:42 PM

First let me state I am not the original owner of either of these photo sets. The envelope with the multi coach has 1958 written in pencil by the previous owner on it. The envelope with the set you have posted has Cooperstown, New York 1959 written in pencil by the previous owner.
I have six different sets of the 8x 10 size and three different of the 6x9 sets. I have a seventh set of the 8 x 10 that I can not confirm as an authentic full set.