NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-15-2014, 01:25 PM

Default Net54 Members to receive FREE Lelands.com auction catalogue

Lelands.com blockbuster summer auction is up and running. Some of the true treasures of the hobby are on the auction block including Jim Brown’s 1964 NFL championship ring, a 1954-55 Ted Williams “Harry Agganis” game-worn uniform and the first and only true “baseball” car – a custom-designed baseball-shaped Volkswagen Beetle featuring a white exterior with red baseball stitches and brown Rawlings "baseball glove" seats. The auction at www.lelands.com which closes July 25th, also features a 1960s Willie Mays “It’s cold outside” San Francisco Giants game-worn jacket, a 1944 Cy Young handwritten signed letter in which the career pitching wins leader details the “best hitters” he ever faced and also discusses his mechanics and the soul of pitching, a locker used by Derek Jeter during the 2000 World Series, and a ticket stub from the 1935 game in which Babe Ruth hit the final three home runs – including the famed “714” – of his career. Other spectacular sports collectibles up for auction include Mickey Cochrane’s 1929 Philadelphia Athletics World Championship ring and Hall of Fame introduction plaque, a 1938 American League All-Star team-signed baseball, Lou Brock’s Hall of Fame plaque, a Hank Aaron game-used glove, a ticket from Mickey Mantle’s Yankees debut on April 17, 1951, and a Honus Wagner T206 pose first-generation vintage photograph by Carl Horner along with T206 poses of Napoleon Lajoie and Ty Cobb. These are from a recent discovery. In addition, the Lelands.com auction boasts the biggest collection of boxing tickets ever offered headlined by a full, unused ticket from the 1971 Ali/Frazier “Fight of the Century” and an unused ticket from the 1964 bout in which the-then Cassius Clay defeated Sonny Liston, and a full ticket from Ali’s 1972 fight with Mac Foster, which is arguably the most beautiful of all Ali ducats. It features the actual saddle worn by Hall of Fame jockey Braulio Baeza when he rode Chateaugay to victory at the 1963 Kentucky Derby, celebrated sports artist Leroy Neiman’s “The Fighting Face of Muhammad Ali” boxing glove, and the only known signed photo of President Kennedy’s meeting with the 1963 World Champion Boston Celtics and much more. Net54 baseball members are welcome to a free catalog if they email laura@lelands.com. Please get your requests in early and if you have any questions about the material or anything else please email joshevans@lelands.com. Requests must be received by Tuesday, July 22, 2014. Auction closes July 25, 2014.

We are always accepting consignments of fine material and collections.

Last edited by Leon; 07-15-2014 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Didn't put in closing date
Old 07-15-2014, 01:32 PM

I took some time and added spacing to make it more easily legible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshleland View Post
Lelands.com blockbuster summer auction is up and running.

Some of the true treasures of the hobby are on the auction block including Jim Brown’s 1964 NFL championship ring, a 1954-55 Ted Williams “Harry Agganis” game-worn uniform and the first and only true “baseball” car – a custom-designed baseball-shaped Volkswagen Beetle featuring a white exterior with red baseball stitches and brown Rawlings "baseball glove" seats.

The auction at www.lelands.com which closes July 25th, also features

a 1960s Willie Mays “It’s cold outside” San Francisco Giants game-worn jacket
a 1944 Cy Young handwritten signed letter in which the career pitching wins leader details the “best hitters” he ever faced and also discusses his mechanics and the soul of pitching
a locker used by Derek Jeter during the 2000 World Series
and a ticket stub from the 1935 game in which Babe Ruth hit the final three home runs – including the famed “714” – of his career.

Other spectacular sports collectibles up for auction include

Mickey Cochrane’s 1929 Philadelphia Athletics World Championship ring and Hall of Fame introduction plaque
a 1938 American League All-Star team-signed baseball
Lou Brock’s Hall of Fame plaque, a Hank Aaron game-used glove
a ticket from Mickey Mantle’s Yankees debut on April 17, 1951
and a Honus Wagner T206 pose first-generation vintage photograph by Carl Horner along with T206 poses of Napoleon Lajoie and Ty Cobb.

These are from a recent discovery.

In addition, the Lelands.com auction boasts the biggest collection of boxing tickets ever offered headlined by a full, unused ticket from the 1971 Ali/Frazier “Fight of the Century” and an unused ticket from the 1964 bout in which the-then Cassius Clay defeated Sonny Liston, and a full ticket from Ali’s 1972 fight with Mac Foster, which is arguably the most beautiful of all Ali ducats. It features the actual saddle worn by Hall of Fame jockey Braulio Baeza when he rode Chateaugay to victory at the 1963 Kentucky Derby, celebrated sports artist Leroy Neiman’s “The Fighting Face of Muhammad Ali” boxing glove, and the only known signed photo of President Kennedy’s meeting with the 1963 World Champion Boston Celtics and much more.

Net54 baseball members are welcome to a free catalogue if they email laura@lelands.com.

Please get your requests in early and if you have any questions about the material or anything else please email joshevans@lelands.com. Requests must be received by Tuesday, July 22, 2014.

We are always accepting consignments of fine material and collections.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Ben North

Thank you Sean, much better.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:38 PM

Hi Josh,

Correction for you on Lot #258.

http://www.lelands.com/Auction/Aucti...arte-de-Visite

That cdv is of Joe Coburn not John Heenan.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Dustin

Very generous of them.

Just sent an email!
Old 07-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Ralph Pr3y€r

Just got a confirmation e-mail mine has been mailed.

Thanks Josh and Laura
Old 07-15-2014, 04:52 PM

Default Coburn not heenan

Aaroncc:
You're 100% correct. Same mustache, different hairline, but not Heenan. I made the mistake of taking the name written on the back in pencil as gospel. Rookie mistake. Thank you for making me aware. I will addend it, notify bidders, and add image of the back as well.
Josh Evans
Old 07-16-2014, 02:08 AM
Bill Gregory

I've sent an e-mail to Laura as well. Thank you, Josh. I can't wait to get your catalog.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:07 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
Very generous of them.

Just sent an email!
Or maybe they are looking to promote sales.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:42 PM

Default Free catalogues

Yes Peter, there is an element of "sell" in it. But I have done this before and most of the people just like the catalogues versus using them to bid. It's better to get them out there for people to enjoy then to put them on a shelf gathering dust. We got a ton of replies btw. Enjoy.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Yes Peter, there is an element of "sell" in it. But I have done this before and most of the people just like the catalogues versus using them to bid. It's better to get them out there for people to enjoy then to put them on a shelf gathering dust. We got a ton of replies btw. Enjoy.
Josh, no issue with what your are doing at all, auction houses should promote sales. And I can't think of any auction house that charges for catalogues which is why honestly I was gently poking fun at the poster who seemed to think your offer was unusually generous. Good luck with the auction.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-16-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:20 PM

Default Thanks Peter

We are really proud of this one. i worked on it a great deal for the first time in a few years as i was well enough. I rewrote most of it and contributed a lot more stuff personally. That is in no way to detract from the work of Mike Heffner, Laura Dreyfus and Kevin Bronson who delivered the lions share. The material is great but the catalogue itself is our best in years in my opinion. Looking forward to the National.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:00 PM
Mike Mattsey

Just sent my request. Thanks, and good luck.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Chris P.

I received my catalog today. Thank you much, and beautiful catalog.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:20 AM

I sent an email but never received a confirmation response. Is there anything else I need to do?
Old 07-18-2014, 06:25 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Quote:
We are really proud of this one. i worked on it a great deal for the first time in a few years as i was well enough. I rewrote most of it and contributed a lot more stuff personally. That is in no way to detract from the work of Mike Heffner, Laura Dreyfus and Kevin Bronson who delivered the lions share. The material is great but the catalog itself is our best in years in my opinion. Looking forward to the National.
Josh - congratulations on a great looking catalog (I received mine in the mail). Maybe it's my bias coming out (I'm in the printing and direct mail business) but I notice that your catalog and others in the hobby show-off the items so much better than they look on the computer screen. There are times when seeing a beautiful item in print has persuaded me to bid on the item. Or, other times I have seen an item in the catalog that I accidentely missed on the auction web site.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:31 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
We are really proud of this one. i worked on it a great deal for the first time in a few years as i was well enough. I rewrote most of it and contributed a lot more stuff personally. That is in no way to detract from the work of Mike Heffner, Laura Dreyfus and Kevin Bronson who delivered the lions share. The material is great but the catalogue itself is our best in years in my opinion. Looking forward to the National.
Great looking catalog Josh! Good luck.

Jeff
Old 07-18-2014, 07:56 PM

Default Did you get your catalogue

I am not sure if Laura sent confirmations or not
But I know she sent all the catalogues
They were sent from ny so it depends on where you live
I would email Laura and ask her
Laura@lelands.com
Make sure she got the original email and that it was sent
I get some messages spammed so you never know
Keep me posted
Josh
Old 07-21-2014, 02:14 PM

I received the catalog today. Great looking items. Spent nearly an hour perusing through it.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:20 PM
Bill Gregory

Yup, I just got mine about 20 minutes ago while I was out. I'm really liking what I'm seeing thus far. Thank you!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Scott Ti3k

I received my catalogue in the mail today. I also received prompt and friendly replies from both Josh & Laura when I inquired to make sure my request was received. Amazing looking catalogue!

Thanks again,
Scott
Old 07-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Recieved mine on Saturday,

after requesting on Thursday. Thanks so much.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Peter Spaeth

If every person who received a catalog posted every time he did we would have a lot of really long threads.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-21-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:57 PM
Barry Arnold

Default leland's

Peter ole buddy,

I received my catalog today!

all the best,
barry
Old 07-21-2014, 07:01 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethicsprof View Post
Peter ole buddy,

I received my catalog today!

all the best,
barry
LOL. Enjoy mon ami.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:03 PM

I received my catalog yesterday. Great looking items! Thank you
Old 07-22-2014, 02:05 PM
Skip

Received yesterday, thanks!
Old 07-22-2014, 03:39 PM

Got mine in Monday. Thanks
Old 07-22-2014, 04:09 PM
Richard D

Default still waiting

for mine.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:13 PM