NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-21-2023, 12:11 PM
J@mes In.gram

Default I'm Sick And Tired

I'm sick and tired of graded cards, and all the BS surrounding them. I could not give a flying f$&k.

I'm sick and tired of cards that have been rubbed on every corner on concrete, folded and creased, and held by clothespins in bicycle spokes being worth hundreds if not thousands of dollars, no matter who the card is. Ridiculous. And even more ridiculous is that someone would actually pay.

I'm sick and tired of "listening to offers". I've got an offer for you!

In short, when it comes to this so-called hobby, which is in reality nothing more than an investment brokerage and good old boy club of like-minded investors, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Enjoy. You can have it.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 02-21-2023, 12:13 PM
pete ullman

soooooooo...c ya on the flip side????
Old 02-21-2023, 12:17 PM
Al Stein

I will set the over/under on James' next post at 4 hours.

James, are you still with us? Walk back from the ledge, my friend.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2023, 12:26 PM

Generalizations are dangerous in all cases
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 02-21-2023, 12:28 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Just do it your way. It is indeed nothing more than an investment brokerage and good old boy club of like-minded investors, but that's for other people and a small part of the hobby. They can't affect your enjoyment of your collection. Just do it your way, nobody else dictates what you do or how you enjoy it.
Old 02-21-2023, 12:39 PM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

Relax, Jimmy. It's just a hobby.

Well, its only just a hobby unless you make your living from cards, use them as investment vehicles, or are addicted.

Oxford Languages states that a hobby is "an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure."

Your rant doesn't sound like your having leisure or enjoyment. I recommend taking a step back, and a deep breath.
Old 02-21-2023, 12:42 PM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
I'm sick and tired of graded cards, and all the BS surrounding them. I could not give a flying f$&k.

I'm sick and tired of cards that have been rubbed on every corner on concrete, folded and creased, and held by clothespins in bicycle spokes being worth hundreds if not thousands of dollars, no matter who the card is. Ridiculous. And even more ridiculous is that someone would actually pay.

In short, when it comes to this so-called hobby, which is in reality nothing more than an investment brokerage and good old boy club of like-minded investors, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Enjoy. You can have it.
I hear you! I hear you!
Old 02-21-2023, 12:43 PM
Joe

Before grading eBay was the wild Wild West. Today it’s just wild. One man’s NM was another man’s good. Not saying graded cards brought stability but 90% of the time if you purchase a graded card from a photo you will get what you paid for. As far as well loved cards, who doesn’t love a card that seen history. Too bad you feel that way but you really didn’t have to announce you were leaving.
Old 02-21-2023, 12:43 PM

There are a bunch of fun-ass vintage cards in the current Brockelman Auction that would not be considered part of a portfolio, unless that is the type of folder you use to physically store the cards. How do I know? I consigned some of the fun-assery up for grabs.

Enjoy your version of the hobby. Brush off what bugs you like you would dandruff on the shoulders, and carry onward with a smile on your face.

Brian
Old 02-21-2023, 12:46 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazoo View Post
Is that not, in and of itself, a generalization?

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (190/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 02-21-2023, 12:47 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

I was feeling the same way about collecting cards (I prefer collecting flannels.) I gave a lot of thought to which set of my childhood might be fun to work on (the 1960s.)

My main problems were:

1. Expensive cards in the set, that I'd eventually need to pony up for if I wanted to complete the set. The Mantle for starters, then the rookies.

2. I couldn't see spending a lot for floating head rookies like Uecker (1962 T high number,) Rose (1963,) or half card rookies like Morgan (1965,) Carew and Seaver (1967,) Bench and Ryan (1968) and so on.

3. I would want cards that looked nice, but there's the trimming/doctoring issue.

All of these things just made the whole idea not fun, like the OP says.

Then I came up with a solution - the 1962 Post Cereal set. I remember, vaguely, getting panels of cards on the back of those cereal boxes and cutting them out. Free baseball cards! I have good memories of those days.

1. I've recently picked up 2 decent Mantles for $70 and $46. Easily the cheapest 1960s major set Mantles, and it's an attractive card too.

2. With 200 cards in the set, I don't think there are any rookies.

3. Trimming is no issue since they were supposed to be hand cut. And if you see the black borders of the cards, you know they haven't been "over-trimmed."

I ordered the definitive book on 1962 Post baseball from Dan Mabey, and plan to make a study of the set. Meanwhile, after about 2 weeks of collecting these, I've gotten past the halfway point for about $500. So, the set should be easy to complete for less than the cost of a mid-grade floating head '63 Rose.

It's a lot of fun to not be constricted by grading/trimming issues, high prices, chasing rookie cards, etc. There are some minor challenges with a handful of short prints, but they are all available and can be had in the $50 range or much less. Mabey's book tells which cards were on which cereal boxes, and that's fun to know.

So, not counting the occasional T202 purchase, I'm back into card collecting again, and having a lot of fun with it.
Old 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post

Exactly my point
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 02-21-2023, 12:55 PM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

Nice tantrum. Find something new in your life. Get out side more. Stop watching the news.
Old 02-21-2023, 12:57 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

[QUOTE=jingram058;2316758]
/QUOTE]

🤣

I'm not all that into the "investment" stuff either (especially the pumpers who can't see why some wouldn't be thrilled about a 12 million dollar Mantle) but, as members have posted in the past, it seems like there is some "investment" angle that collectors have to reckon with.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 02-21-2023, 12:58 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Technically, "generalizations are dangerous in all cases" is an absolute statement, not a generalization.
Old 02-21-2023, 01:13 PM
Drew W@i$e

James,

There are plenty of way to collect, outside of what you mentioned. You can still do it raw and on a budget.

But to your point, the hobby is tied up with everything you mentioned. I have accepted it. It is what it is.
Old 02-21-2023, 01:18 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Technically, "generalizations are dangerous in all cases" is an absolute statement, not a generalization.
Generally speaking, I avoid generalizations. Is this actually logical or is it a Yogi-ism type statement?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-21-2023 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-21-2023, 01:22 PM
Al Richter

Yes
Old 02-21-2023, 01:32 PM
Albert Bee

Default graded

Yea !
Im sick and tired of it too !!
Old 02-21-2023, 01:42 PM
Tim Odeen

You know what I enjoy on Net54? Cincinnati Reds collectors. I have made small relationships with a few fans, and I consider them more meaningful than those on other social media sites. I live in WA State, and there are few I've met. But we all enjoy each other on this site.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 02-21-2023 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-21-2023, 01:44 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Generally speaking, I avoid generalizations. Is this actually logical or is it a Yogi-ism type statement?
To play the straight man in the joke here...

A statement that is a claim to fact is true or false. To be true, it must be true in all instances it declares. A generalization usually differs from an absolute statement in that the speaker knows it is not actually true and so removes the "all". "All police cars have sirens" is an absolute statement to fact (and a false one), "police cars have sirens" is its generalized form that removes the direct declarative, because it isn't always true and thus, technically, is false, but would be true in most solitary cases and thus it is implied to be "all" while leaving the speaker the wiggle room to not have to account for those that do not.

"I don't use generalizations" would be a claim to fact.

"I avoid generalizations" is a statement that essentially means nothing from an Aristotelian perspective, as a generalization. "Avoid" signifies an opinion that the speaker does not like them and prefers a choice, rather than a real claim to fact, and it's meaning directly leaves room to still use them sometimes. "I avoid generalizations" is a carefully phrased expression of a generalization that has shifted from a formulation that is a claim of fact to an opinion that can be neither right nor wrong.

As it is a generalization in its structure already, the "generally speaking" prefix serves no purpose beyond the comedic, and thus creates a yogi-ism, a line defined by its absurdity and not meant to be taken seriously.

You are all welcome for the most boring post of the day.
Old 02-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Peter Spaeth

Excellent analysis.

What of course makes the Yogi isms so great is that although they make no sense logically they do make some sense. Take the immortal, nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-21-2023, 02:23 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Excellent analysis.

What of course makes the Yogi isms so great is that although they make no sense logically they do make some sense. Take the immortal, nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded.
My favorite nonsensical Yogiism that kind of makes sense somehow is the classic “if you come to a fork in the road, take it”. It’s a silly absurdity, or a pithy reminder that indecision is the worst of choices and choosing wrong is better than not to choose; instead of standing at the fork forever, just take a path.
Old 02-21-2023, 02:25 PM

I've been watching grown men rip off children in this hobby since the early 1980s and I'm sure it was going on before then.

I have no illusion that any card company has ever cared a lot about the hobbyists vs the hobbyists money. There are too many examples to list. There are more examples than 1989 Upper Deck Griffey Jr cards that exist that weren't pulled from packs.

This hobby is sketchy as hell. It's also full of great people. I accept it at face value. Stick around long enough you'll get all kinds of screwed over and find all kinds of really solid people.
Old 02-21-2023, 02:41 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
My favorite nonsensical Yogiism that kind of makes sense somehow is the classic “if you come to a fork in the road, take it”. It’s a silly absurdity, or a pithy reminder that indecision is the worst of choices and choosing wrong is better than not to choose; instead of standing at the fork forever, just take a path.
That is my second favorite, also very brilliant especially in light of the Frost poem.

Old 02-21-2023, 02:46 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

I got back into the hobby in 2012 and the hobby has become pretty insufferable since the pandemic started and more and more money flowed in. My collection has been pretty much dormant for the past 3-4 years.
Old 02-21-2023, 02:47 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Pointless

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post

Quote:
Exactly my point
Logic is always illogical. True of False

Hyperbole is not infinite. If hyperbole is not true, then why not?

Is a Quotient Intelligent? What's your QI?

Is the underarm sweat stain on your shirt the shape of Somalia? Check it out.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 02-21-2023, 02:49 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
I practice moderation with a fervor...
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 02-21-2023, 02:49 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
That is my second favorite, also very brilliant especially in light of the Frost poem.
That’s probably why I like it. Frost is a wonderful example of the artistic truth, the things that can not fit into a strict logic problem and do not check out as true, but still instruct us on understanding the world and living life. I read only nonfiction until one of my teachers gave me Frost’s Complete Poems and sold me on the notion that there could be an understanding of truth in the inherent untruth of fiction.
Old 02-21-2023, 02:50 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioCRN View Post
I've been watching grown men rip off children in this hobby since the early 1980s and I'm sure it was going on before then.

I have no illusion that any card company has ever cared a lot about the hobbyists vs the hobbyists money. There are too many examples to list. There are more examples than 1989 Upper Deck Griffey Jr cards that exist that weren't pulled from packs.

This hobby is sketchy as hell. It's also full of great people. I accept it at face value. Stick around long enough you'll get all kinds of screwed over and find all kinds of really solid people.
Yes, yes it is a very sketchy hobby. The card companies have no reason to care and I can guarantee the low wage employees at that card company really don't care. They also hated it when Score gave them cards for a Christmas bonus/present.
Old 02-21-2023, 03:03 PM
Brian
Bri@n Abra.ham

Quote:
Enjoy.
Will do!
Old 02-21-2023, 03:03 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
That’s probably why I like it. Frost is a wonderful example of the artistic truth, the things that can not fit into a strict logic problem and do not check out as true, but still instruct us on understanding the world and living life. I read only nonfiction until one of my teachers gave me Frost’s Complete Poems and sold me on the notion that there could be an understanding of truth in the inherent untruth of fiction.
Not his best known, but perhaps my personal favorite.
https://www.thepoetryhour.com/poems/desert-places

Old 02-21-2023, 03:08 PM
Fred

Those that don't understand the OPs frustration might consider the following:

Many "collectors" started in this "hobby" decades ago when it was actually fun to find some nice cardboard at a reasonable price and to continue to add to a "collection". I think in most cases, these older "collectors" never considered this "hobby" as an investment or an inflationary hedge, they collected for the love of collecting.

Enter "grading". Misrepresentation, coin doctors and poor subjectivity of coins screwed up that "hobby".

Now the grading of cardboard has brought in an element of "gotta have the best in the world". Population reports and investors start to get into the "hobby" and turn it upside down by leading it into an era where there's a focus on $$$/value rather than just collecting cardboard.

Now go back to that collector who had a passion to continually add to a true collection of cardboard because it was a fun, affordable past time. Now it's a true shit show of card manipulators, thieves and greed. That last statement doesn't mean that EVERYONE is like that, quite to the contrary, especially most people on this board. It's just unfortunate for "collectors" that liked to collect for the fund of "collecting".

Older "collectors" on limited budgets may find it very challenging to continue to add to their collections because it's not economically possible or the collector has just had enough and is saying "no mas, I give up".

I continue to collect because it's something that's been part of my life for a very long time. Is it enjoyable? I think it still is, but if you used to collect a long time ago, then you find hobby dollars don't go near as far as they used to.

With the increase in "value" for cardboard, there's a larger increase in the amount of fraud and butt heads that want to "influence" collectors and end up making it worse for the pure collector.

Yes, this is just a hobby, but for some it's been a part of their life for a LONG time and now it's just not fun anymore for many of those old time "collectors".
Old 02-21-2023, 03:13 PM

Back in MY day, people were content being sick OR tired. Now people want it all...
Old 02-21-2023, 03:22 PM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Those that don't understand the OPs frustration might consider the following:

Many "collectors" started in this "hobby" decades ago when it was actually fun to find some nice cardboard at a reasonable price and to continue to add to a "collection". I think in most cases, these older "collectors" never considered this "hobby" as an investment or an inflationary hedge, they collected for the love of collecting.

Enter "grading". Misrepresentation, coin doctors and poor subjectivity of coins screwed up that "hobby".

Now the grading of cardboard has brought in an element of "gotta have the best in the world". Population reports and investors start to get into the "hobby" and turn it upside down by leading it into an era where there's a focus on $$$/value rather than just collecting cardboard.

Now go back to that collector who had a passion to continually add to a true collection of cardboard because it was a fun, affordable past time. Now it's a true shit show of card manipulators, thieves and greed. That last statement doesn't mean that EVERYONE is like that, quite to the contrary, especially most people on this board. It's just unfortunate for "collectors" that liked to collect for the fund of "collecting".

Older "collectors" on limited budgets may find it very challenging to continue to add to their collections because it's not economically possible or the collector has just had enough and is saying "no mas, I give up".

I continue to collect because it's something that's been part of my life for a very long time. Is it enjoyable? I think it still is, but if you used to collect a long time ago, then you find hobby dollars don't go near as far as they used to.

With the increase in "value" for cardboard, there's a larger increase in the amount of fraud and butt heads that want to "influence" collectors and end up making it worse for the pure collector.

Yes, this is just a hobby, but for some it's been a part of their life for a LONG time and now it's just not fun anymore for many of those old time "collectors".
Great post!
Old 02-21-2023, 03:41 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

637. Opinionomics
The determination of a card’s value based not on inherent market factors such as the give and take of supply and demand, or the specific attributes of the individual card, but solely and blindly on the number assigned to it by a Third Party Grader.

657. Fogeyism
Any newly created, semi-clever saying that attempts to mirror the fantastic old-time whimsical musings of Yogi Berra.

See also: Yogi Grinandbearit - the obligatory woeful reaction to one of these new witticisms.

777. Bilottoral
The duality of being a true collector who’s in it for the enjoyment, but also someone who is always striving to make sure his collection continually grows more and more valuable.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2023, 03:43 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbycee View Post
Nice tantrum. Find something new in your life. Get out side more. Stop watching the news.
+1

I stepped out on my back porch this afternoon and read a chapter in a book on Charles Bender. Beautiful weather...left Dogs...especially the loud one...inside.

Drank some ice-cold water and didn't touch my phone once.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 02-21-2023, 03:55 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Anytime someone rues the state of the hobby and the greed of the companies, just remember that one of the hobby's most iconic cards (Goudey Lajoie) is only that way because Goudey was being dishonest with the public.
Old 02-21-2023, 04:11 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

-
I love this hobby/forum, I haven't been around long compared to others here but I've met the most knowledgeable, generous, genuine people in this little corner of the hobby, willing to help network and build each others collections.

Yes, I'm exhausted/frustrated that the cards I want are increasing in price faster than I can save but I'm also content with what I have built so far and am able to still pick up cards I want in my collection.

I also won't deal with sketchy people in the hobby, AH's, sellers, etc. too many good people to surround myself with to even give those types my time.

But really, its the friendships that are the most meaningful in this hobby, all that other stuff is just silly noise.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 02-21-2023, 04:14 PM
Luke Lyon

Some legit gripes for sure but if you really can't see why other collectors would want a really beat up old baseball card, then maybe you aren't in the right place and would be better off leaving.
Old 02-21-2023, 04:34 PM

I wish you happiness, good health, and good luck. ✌️
Old 02-21-2023, 04:49 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
I wish you happiness, good health, and good luck. ✌️
+1. "Everything changes, everything passes, just do what you think you should do..."--Bob Dylan, To Ramona
Old 02-21-2023, 04:58 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Collect what you like, why would anyone care what others collect or if they only buy to invest or if they can only afford beat up cards? Is it really worth getting worked up over?
Old 02-21-2023, 05:06 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:

Enjoy. You can have it.
so are you leaving the hobby...?
Old 02-21-2023, 06:06 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I like all of it, from collecting a beautiful worthless card to using them as part of my retirement planning. If it makes you nuts, I'd say just walk away quietly and see how it sits before you extend the middle finger to the world, but a parting screed is fine too. You do you, Boo.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 02-21-2023 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-21-2023, 06:26 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Sure it's the same way with any hobby. There are guys who labor in their garage to overhaul a 67 Camaro, sink 1000s of hours into taking parts off and repairing things, have a deep love and respect fo the car, know everything there is to know about it . . . .and then there are rich guys who go out any buy 6 of them and don't have a clue how to care for them. I guess just do your own thing, as they said in the 1960s.

The hobby would be really frickin' boring if everyone had the same priorities, interests and goals.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 02-21-2023 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-21-2023, 06:34 PM
Al Stein

James is still with us. He's at the Watercooler right now.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gorditadogg; 02-21-2023 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-21-2023, 07:08 PM

This one of the threads that sometimes you just gotta say, "WTF"

beer chug.gifbeer chug.gifbeer chug.gifbeer chug.gifbeer chug.gif

Last edited by Jewish-collector; 02-21-2023 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-21-2023, 07:30 PM
Don

Cards can be fun. Don't let it get to you.

Last edited by theshowandme; 02-21-2023 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-21-2023, 07:39 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

One of the positives of TPG'ers is the case itself, preventing potential catastrophes of all sorts to our special angels. I will refrain from telling about when I sat of a nice E90-1 Tris Speaker which I had stupidly left on the sofa.

The other point is the grade received has become the price point for buying and selling cards via the SMR and VCP etc. Before it was the 2 parties arguing about the price and the grade, sometimes requiring arbitration.