NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Default Found Draper-Maynard glove wondering if it is worth keeping

Posted By: lilysdad

I found a Hugh Critz baseball mitt in good shape, it is model G97 and am wondering the value of it? Is it collectable? Thanks for any insight.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Hugh Critz was one of the main endorsers of D&M gloves in the late 1920's-30s so I'm not sure if the glove is "rare" or "Scarce". It is definitely collectible depending on condition.

edited to add: All player model gloves from the 1920s are collectible, but of course just like cards they have different values that depend on a number of factors including condition and scarcity.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

If I have my equipment history correct, Draper Maynard was bought out by Goldsmith & Sons in the 1930s, with Goldsmith later changing their name to MacGregor-Goldsmith then MacGregor. So the Draper Maynard name on a baseball glove, shoe or other equipment identifies the item as circa 1930s or earlier.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Ellis

Draper Maynard Gloves are very collectable. In the "Vintage Baseball Glove Pocket Price Guide - NO. 8" Hughie Critz gloves are listed as RARE. The value depends on the condition (surprise!). The price guide values range between $100 for a very good glove to $375 or more in near mint. If you need more information e-mail me and I can give you the contact information for Joe Phillips at The Glove Collector. He is a great guy and is always willing to help. Mike

Old 03-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Lutz

I want to echo that praise of Joe Phillips. He seems eager to help people learn about his end of the hobby/ business.

Old 06-20-2020, 08:24 PM

This is not a reply to the previous discussion. It is a separate question. I just purchased a D & M glove on eBay. I assumed it was a Draper and Maynard glove, but after looking on the internet, it seems that Draper and Maynard was purchased by McGregor in 1937. It is a Gil McDougald, model DG 912. From the style of the glove I assume that is a late 50's or most probably a early to mid 60's glove. Any info on this glove would be appreciated.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:54 PM
Jimmy

Pictures are always helpful so we can help - D&M items are very interesting and the company has some neat history - NH even has space and buildings for info about the company - sounds like the gloves are not early D&M - looking at catalogs can be helpful.

Jimmy

Last edited by jbsports33; 06-22-2020 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-25-2020, 03:19 PM
Jim

Hey Melenas55. That glove was produced from 1955 to 1961. Here's a catalog snip from '55. Hope it helps a bit.

JD
www.baseballglovecollector.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 55.jpg (60.4 KB, 66 views)